• The Fame MonsterGa
    • Born This WayGa
    • ARTPOPGa
    • Cheek To CheekGa
    • JoanneGa
    • A Star Is BornGa
    • ChromaticaGa

Featured Posts

Chromatica seems to be the era where she’s her most authentic self, lyrically and in her public appearances. It’s like she finally let her guard down and merged gaga with Stefanie.

Tbh her other eras seem like carefully crafted personas of how she wanted the public to visualize her at the time. During TF/TFM, she projected the image of herself as a rockstar before actually receiving rockstar status, BTW and ARTPOP are like commentaries on her earlier success (can I top my weirdness?), C2C showed off her mature side, Joanne showed her as a singer/songwriter — it’s almost as if each era had a specific intent, except for Chromatica, which just exists. 

I mean, does anyone else remember in ~09 when interviewers would ask her if she dressed crazy all the time? she would always answer yes, saying that she could never turn off the “gaga”, that she WAS gaga 100% of the time and that she’d never be seen in sweatpants. Kinda makes me sad that i guess it was all a marketing gimmick...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Indyl said:

but left completely to her own devices, I think BTWGa is her most Gaga: vocals + theatrics + class + experimentation + ballads + rock + pop + dance + EDM, all wrapped into once.

Agreed 100%

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

I look forward to the tell-all interview, 'Lady Gaga at 50' kind of thing. I'd love to know to what extent has it all been real. I'm choosing my words carefully there, because of course it HAS all been real at least to the extent that it all did happen.

But how much of it was her being her, how much was it just a bit of fun, how much was it marketing ? Was she her own creation or someone else's ? What was really going through her head at the various stages ?

I love the fun aspect of Gaga. Great music, great voice, great artistry, all that, but always that sense of fun as well.

Archived