đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Gaga followed fashion brand Celine on IG

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

buzzkill
3 hours ago, JOSHMATICA said:

Heidi Slimane is one of the worst designers ever, prove me wrong. Haven't even looked at the full Celine collection to see it's just as bad and dull as all his others.

I really don’t agree with you. BUT his work in Celine is pretty questionable. I do like the third and forth collection he did, because it was the Parisian-ish 70’s Celine... but girl he’s really tryin soooooo hard to get those tiktokers to make Celine a genz love brand and that’s just sad. 

freebit

I'd be cool with seeing her in some of their ads, though I'd also be happy to learn she's just supporting her old friend & wearing some cool pieces here & there. Hopefully she doesn't end up the "muse" or whatever they call those celebs who sign a contract and are limited to wearing only them for big appearances, like J.Law and Dior, Emma Stone and Sophie Turner and Louis Vuitton etc. I feel like their red carpet style all took a turn for the worse when they signed those contracts. :deadbanana: The exposure and ads are cool for them, but being forced to wear a tragic collection has got to suck. 

5 hours ago, buzzkill said:

I really don’t agree with you. BUT his work in Celine is pretty questionable. I do like the third and forth collection he did, because it was the Parisian-ish 70’s Celine... but girl he’s really tryin soooooo hard to get those tiktokers to make Celine a genz love brand and that’s just sad. 

That's probably 98% of the reason they hired him tbh. Much like Matthew Williamson at Givenchy. I actually liked his coke-d up Barbie aesthetic, but his newest collection is incredibly boring, it looks like everything came from Topshop and Zara. Though I guess it makes sense for Covid times. 

buzzkill
5 hours ago, freebit said:

That's probably 98% of the reason they hired him tbh. Much like Matthew Williamson at Givenchy. I actually liked his coke-d up Barbie aesthetic, but his newest collection is incredibly boring, it looks like everything came from Topshop and Zara. Though I guess it makes sense for Covid times. 

I do think that too. Even tho, when they change him from YSL to Celine, the motive was to bring back the Parisian sense to the brand, which was going to the more minimalism shape-inclined brand (oh i do wish Phoebe so bad). And now, they’re doing a great job to rejuvenating Louis Vuitton with Emma, but the difference is that LV are still pushing and delivering an interesting collection...  But this new Celine collection is soo off to me... i don’t think this top-cropped Revolve like type of clothes are going to do it for Celine (jesus i never thought i would say this about Hedi, but I lost it with the basic cotton top-cropped, those caps) :awkney:

MaMaMarryTheNight

Can’t wait for CelinéGa :fatcat:

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

freebit
39 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

I do think that too. Even tho, when they change him from YSL to Celine, the motive was to bring back the Parisian sense to the brand, which was going to the more minimalism shape-inclined brand (oh i do wish Phoebe so bad). And now, they’re doing a great job to rejuvenating Louis Vuitton with Emma, but the difference is that LV are still pushing and delivering an interesting collection...  But this new Celine collection is soo off to me... i don’t think this top-cropped Revolve like type of clothes are going to do it for Celine (jesus i never thought i would say this about Hedi, but I lost it with the basic cotton top-cropped, those caps) :awkney:

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that, great point. But yeah, they were definitely going to the wrong person for that, though I see why they did it. As you said, he used to be chic. I think he's confused on where to go with Celine. Celine is such a for women, by women brand. This is like if Ricardo Tisci were to theoretically design for Chloe - it's just a bad fit. His sensibilities are just way different IMO, and I feel like he's too obsessed with ~youth culture~ now to be a great fit,  and he pretty much alienated Celine's fans. I feel like he kind of brought pearls back with that other collection (fall 2019, I think?), and he was more on the right track with the lady-like designs, but I feel like he's feeling this pressure to be cool or something. IDK. 

That said, I wonder if they'll try to get Gaga as a spokeswoman. They have Lisa from Blackpink to bring "youth awareness", but they probably need someone elegant to attract the original Celine fans, and since ASIB, a lot of 35-45-year old women really love themselves some Gaga (for example, all the Real Housewives love her,  they're not completely representative, but they are a nice sample size of that demographic, and older, affluent women are basically the main luxury buyers, especially for Celine, not early teens/early twenty-somethings, lbr). Like, she's not Gen Z, but she's also fresher and more attention-getting than say, an older actress or model tbh. She's like a perfect middle ground. Anyway, hope she doesn't commit too much. A big fashion moment like the pink, feathery Valentino could never happen if she had signed one of those exclusive brand contracts for some other label. 

MaMaMarryTheNight
3 minutes ago, Where is LG7 said:

is this because of the project they worked with Knick Knack?

81fk012w4bL._SY741_.jpg

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

13 hours ago, buzzkill said:

I still can't believe they did a show on TikTok, Phoebe Philo would NEVER!

Archived