💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

'Love Goes' is Sam Smith's "first proper heartbreak album"

COOOK

Featured Posts

" While Smith has a reputation for writing heartbreaking songs, they said Love Goes may just be their first "proper heartbreak" record yet. "I'd say [this was] the first proper time I've been actually heartbroken. That feeling of they're gone, you can't sleep, the really, really bad feeling," they said. "The others were the idea of it and it was pure unrequited love. This, I would like to say that we loved each other. So, I definitely, definitely loved him. So yeah, it was proper."

Heartbreak wasn't the only new experience for Smith in the last few years: In 2019, the superstar came out as non-binary and publicly changed their pronouns to "they/them." Smith says they weren't fully prepared for the public's response, both positive and negative. "What I've learned this year is people don't like to be wrong, and when people mess up a pronoun or something, they really don't like it," they said. "It kind of ruins conversations. It ruins moments. It's really difficult. So, I've had to just go into myself and try and deal with it in a real kind way and patience, and just know that everyone's working on this. It's going to take time. We're changing a language here. So, I'm trying to be patient with it." "

Full article: billboard
'Love Goes' is out this Friday.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MANiCURE1295

Really excited to get the new Sam Smith and Ariana album on Friday! Gonna be a good week for music! 

TimisaMonster

When have they not been? :bear:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

but the rest of their albums.... well nevermind, it's their vision after all :yennefer:

... and now i just sit in silence.

ThisGuyTony

I’m surprised the label is letting them release an album without a proper hit. Their previous eras / albums have had at least a hit or two. 

QueenGaga

I was so confused about the “they” and “their” I thought Sam Smith became part of a band till I remembered about the gender fluidity :selena:

Archived