💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga only have concept-albums?

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

I just realized that all of Gaga’s albums have a sort of concept around them, all of them. 

The Fame is all about, well, the fame and the glamorous lifestyle around it. The Fame Monster is about te dark sides of fame and fears. Born This Way is all about self-acceptance. ARTPOP is about art and pop culture. Joanne is about her late aunt and family. And Chromatica is all about mental health and healing trough dancing and music. (Cheek To Cheek had mostly covers on it but there was a concept and A Star Is Born obviously has a concept because it’s the soundtrack from a movie) All these concepts are accompanied by her visuals and tours.

So this leads me to think, do you think Gaga will ever have an album without such a concept? Just an album with songs and no particular concept or stories behind it? I honestly don’t think so actually, I don’t think that’s her thing. Curious about your thoughts!

HotLikeMexico

I honestly doubt it. I think there always be a concept or theme. 

I’m waiting for the day she makes a full fledged conceptual album with a storyline from start to end. If she ever did a heavy metal album that would be perfect.

ShayCristoforo

Always a concept, yes. Because as she said in the very beginning: Pop music will never be low brow. My name is Lady Gaga... 

:classy:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

I hope so, its much needed. 

Just write 13 good songs and display them in a way to create good flow and make it enjoyable sonically. 

This idea is too tired for me and at least needs a bit more dedication put into it. 

Gaga is amazing but she tries to fmgive too many things which just ads dispersion. Shes learned to be a bit more focused in this album but it can be much bettet

GreenDiamond

yes, Chromatica world building would be so good but idk why she stopped, I just think she is not invested as before but still I think she will continue to serve slay music

She could go a different route and just have songs centered around a subject matter, such as love and relationships, ballads, I think that would work for her. She does always center her albums around a concept, but she never wounds a tight story that connects every song, usually there are one or two songs that don't fit, in my opinion or she doesn't flesh out the theme so much in a broad way, as many classic concept albums do. 

I would like a ballad album from Gaga, something close to late nineties Madonna love songs.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Stanley Digaga

I think she will always try to put a concept behind her albums. But I don't think she knows (or at least not always) what the concept is going to be when she start writing songs. We saw it with Chromatica : the concept of colors came when she started to heal mentally, during the making of the album, not before.

TimisaMonster

Yes she does except Chromatica isn't really a "concept" imo...even she said she didn't know what she was writing about, singing about, and had no "theme" for the album until the very end and just decided to name it Chromatica...but even after the first single she abandoned the whole "tribes" concept entirely and that honestly would have been an interesting aspect how each song represented a different color and theme towards the whole name and concept...but oh well 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Illuminati

Concept albums are more common than you think, in fact I think most of the albums have some unifying theme that ultimately determines when the album is "finished" for a release.

You could pick a random greatest hits album and say that "this album is about my alter ego becoming a superstar" because it's filled with hit sounding songs. Or the most generic sounding album being a "commentary on how an artist sells out to the masses". It's a concept and an interesting one but if you didn't say it out loud it's just a mix of random songs.

shoful

Joanne isn’t a concept album. I’m not really sure that Chromatica is one but maybe :oprah:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Picking a fav song and making it sound in interviews like its theme reflects the whole album doesnt make a concept album. Neither do similar music videos.

brown eyes has nothing to do with fame, telephone is a bop that has nothing to do with the concept of tfm (it should be about fear of commitment or whatever? bs), Bloody Mary has nothing to do with self acceptance, GUY is a regular edm song with a theme of his own that has nothing to do with art and pop coming together, dancin in circles is about masturbation rather than a dead aunt, and stupid love is a generic pop song with no bigger intention behind it. 

so, I would argue gaga has yet to actually commit to making a real concept album

Glamourpuss

Concept albums are my favourite. I hope she continues because she nails it every time.

I view Chromatica as a concept album because it's a journey into her mind and helps you to understand her on a deeper level. 

Archived