:trollga:

Х10000000

tenor.gif?itemid=9040696

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music
1 hour ago, Xoxo Adriana said:

she revoked her own EDM card after dissing one of her most prominent EDM records:billie:

this tweet didn’t age well 

sometimes I cry thinking about this tweet ngl 

I love ARTPOP more than I legit love most humans 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

TimisaMonster
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

She broke that glass ceiling :bradley: 

"This is my dance floor I fought for" :trollga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
17 minutes ago, Mr S said:

How long as there been a dance category? If its the 90s then that's pretty sad that no woman has won.

Well honestly how many EDM female artists or DJs are there in pop culture today? Most of them are all men :bradley:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MonsterOfSpain

Queen of EDM! ARTPOP will be done justice hopefully!

They did the Latin categories dirty though... the "presented by Cheetos" tag :air: 

Runway
48 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Well honestly how many EDM female artists or DJs are there in pop culture today? Most of them are all men :bradley:

You don’t need to be a DJ to contribute to edm though, for example they should have nominated Gaga for ARTPOP but they snubbed her for other reasons :bear:

James Gibson

The thing is in 2011 the grammys decided to stop nominating pop artists in dance categories, they judged these should be composed of electronic producers who do more of a different sound than any synth-pop made by the divas and they were becoming rarely nominated.

Then every award show started to follow it and only nominate DJs for Dance/Electronic categories (and as we know most of music producers are men). Following the rise of EDM in 2012-ish, AMAs created such category that year.

However, weirdly Gaga and Dua (who did full dance/electronic/house records) were allowed to submit in the dance categories at the grammys. And it's curious that in the same year Gaga gets nominated here.

Idk if since Dance/Electronic is not as hot as it was in the 2010s comes into a play here, where it's not the current popular music so those who works not (regardless of producers or popstars) can be recognized as such.

Go Gaga get this coveted award as a Free first Woman:applause::wub::sara:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

jimmytimestep
8 hours ago, Runway said:

He bragged about turning down a gaga collab because he thought the music sucked :ohwell:

what a douchebag.

who's_laughing_now.m4a 

Archived