Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift surpassed Rihanna and now has the highest certified singles

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

Bleachella
4 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

lol

So u say Lover was the biggest album of the 2019? Billie and Ariana destroyed Taylor on every chart sis :bear:

The US always sold the most record. IFPI doesn't count percents, they count every sales, that's why this list is irrelevant. She's huge in the US, but Billie and Ariana were way bigger in almost everywhere except the US 

Billie had the best selling album in the US in 2019 not Taylor... so.....?????? that literally debunks your whole argument 

just say you hate facts and want to live in 2005 sis it’s okay 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest Bitch
2 minutes ago, SUBURBIA said:

Billie had the best selling album in the US in 2019 not Taylor... so.....?????? that literally debunks your whole argument 

just say you hate facts and want to live in 2005 sis it’s okay 

It's still does not change a single thing, the list is irrelevant :) You just keep ignoring what I write about this list, but that's okay :bear:

7 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

lol

So u say Lover was the biggest album of the 2019? Billie and Ariana destroyed Taylor on every chart sis :bear:

The US always sold the most record. IFPI doesn't count percents, they count every sales, that's why this list is irrelevant. She's huge in the US, but Billie and Ariana were way bigger in almost everywhere except the US 

I don’t have to say it, IFPI does

Billie sold more than Taylor in the US so what you’re saying (again) makes no sense. 

Screaming at you trying to invalidate IFPI AND with inaccurate receipts on top :rip: if you’re going to come, at least come correct 

ahh Lover the most GLOBAL female album of 2019 :applause:

who will love me when the night is over

Biggest Bitch
3 minutes ago, Spock said:

I don’t have to say it, IFPI does

Billie sold more than Taylor in the US so what you’re saying (again) makes no sense. 

Screaming at you trying to invalidate IFPI AND with inaccurate receipts on top :rip: if you’re going to come, at least come correct 

ahh Lover the most GLOBAL female album of 2019 :applause:

Okay I guess you won't get what I'm trying to say, pls keep ignoring what I said about the list lol 

Lover was never the most global female album of 2019, but think what u want I don't care :vegas:

Galagala

I don't like her and her works except Reputation,  but I think this is what she deserves as a talented songwriter and a likable public figure.

vixdean

This discussion about who is the Queen of Pop is completely rooted in misogyny!

You don’t see the public clamoring that Bieber is the King of Pop just because he broke some sort of record or beat MJ in some sort of achievement. Why do you do that with women?

Historically, and factually, MJ is the King of Pop and Madonna is the Queen of Pop. Claiming otherwise is delusion and attempts to make your faves bigger than they are. These two icons paved the path to modern popular music.

Madonna is still to this day the bestselling female artist of all time. Check the Guiness World Records. Not to mention that such titles are meant to reflect the cultural impact of these icons, so not given solely based on certifications or whatever metric stans use to make such claims. 

The Queen/King of Pop are cultural signifiers that will forever be associated with this two incredible artists. 

Pop Music

I am so happy for her, this is a huge accomplishment and totally deserved!

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Taylucifer
9 hours ago, Biggest Bitch said:

1. Of course there are always exceptions, but most people (even the younger generation) still know their songs, that's a fact.

2. What? :billie: Sorry, but that's bullsh*t. Love Story, YBWM, SIO and BS are her not forgettable songs, most people only know these songs by Taylor. Yes, again I'm talking about worldwide, not the US. 

3. Where did I ignore her impact? I only said it's dumb to compare her to Madonna or Britney, cause she's far from their success, that's another fact. 

Yep, it's 2020.Taylor got the young teenage girls + gays, while still every generation knows Madonna's and Britney's name. Anyway If we follow ur logic Eminem is the king of music, and Adele is the queen of music, cause they are far the most successful artist of the 2010s. Just because Adele and Eminem were the most successful artists of the 2010s, doesn't mean that their impact are bigger than Michael's, Madonna's or Britney's :trollga:

1. Literally how is that a fact, most ppl will know Britney's hits, but idk if I could say the same about Madonna. And beyond that for both idk any songs

2. I'm not from the US and I can pretty confidently say that most people would know those songs, I just listed 10 songs which ppl would know because you said that most ppl would at least 10 of Madonna and Britney's hits.

3. You said her impact was only in the USA, I was just showing she has reach outside of the USA. Idk how you are comparing the impact of Taylor compared to Britney and Madonna but somethings off. 

Actually Taylor's demographic is more ranging from 13-30 now, a lot of people have been with her for years now and she is still bringing in more people to her audience but go off and make generalisations why don't you. My logic? I wasn't using charts to prove Taylor as queen of music I was using it to show her popularity outside of the US. 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

congrats Taylor :diane:

I honestly didn't listen to her country albums, I only listened from 1989, I liked Blank Space from it, the others 2, reputation and the next one, I was not a fan, but Folklore was really good for me and I still listen to it.

So yeah I can't say that I'm a fan, but I appreciate her work and if I like, I'm gonna listen the hell out of it.

I'm listening to music since the 90s, it's a lot, I know Madonna, Britney, Rihanna, Taylor and each one of them is special in their own way, there's no reason to compete with each other, to belittle each other's achievements and to fight who's the queen... this title is childish anyway, there's only one queen - Elizabeth II.

Just be more open about it, open spotify and give a listen to an artist that you didn't try yet, or you didn't like 2-3 songs.. believe me it's worth it, because it can surprise you and you can be addicted to one song or one album of theirs.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

well rihanna's singles don't really sell well, the only reason why she had that title is because of all those features and 70+ singles that she released. It's crazy how she has the best radio support since she gets urban, rythmic and pop radio, while other girls only get pop support.... yet she has the worst single and album sales. My second queen Taylor is always winning 🥺🥺💕 

Archived