Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Madonna stans: what's her best work?

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

some people say is like a prayer, others ray of light, or confessions

but i don't know, they are for sure the most iconic ones but idk my choice depends on my mood

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DavidLuis198
2 hours ago, BioStasis said:

Yes. The Immaculate Collection is a greatest hits album focusing on her songs from 1983-1990. Celebration features songs from all years of her career up until 2009. 

Also, she made some tweaks, new vocals and reworks on almost all of the songs, so it's a really cool experience to listen to this album and spot all the differences from the originals (also came with Justify My Love and Rescue Me)

I don't know how to write in english

holy scheisse
35 minutes ago, shoful said:

Omg! Love these threads! The most fan praised and general pop connoisseurs albums are: Ray of Light and Confessions on a dancefloor. 

My Top 5 albums are very unconventional but If you like deeper music these are the albums you HAVE TO LISTEN TO:

1. Madame X (wow I still listen to everyday)

2. Erotica

3. American Life

4. Ray of Light

5. Like A Prayer 

Here’s kind of a guide that might help you through your selection. These are the albums in release order.

1983 ~ Madonna - An album the really revolutionized pop music. Started that sound of the 80’s and kinda ended the disco period. A very underrated album but included some great bops like Burning Up. 

1984 ~ Like A Virgin - This album definitely shows it’s age. A continuation of the 80’s sound. Very very old sounding now. Includes Material Girl and Like A Virgin. Almost every song sounds like that on the album. Highlights are: Dress You Up, Angel, Love Dont Live Here

1986 ~ True Blue - A huge mature swing for Madonna. Includes a lot of strong vocal pop ballads. Her best selling studio album. You probably know most of the songs on it: Papa Dont Preach, La Isla Bonita, Open Your Heart, Live To Tell. Highly Recommend this. 

1989 ~ Like A Prayer. This record is an even more mature and reflective perfection of True Blue. Deals with Madonna’s divorce and some personal struggles like her mother passing and her anguish with her father. Highlights: Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Til Death Do Us Part, Promise to Try

1990 ~ I’m Breathless. Not a studio album but she wrote and sings every song on this soundtrack. A very old school sounding album but easily overlooked masterpiece. Highlights: He’s a Man, Sooner or Later, Back in Business, Hanky Panky, Vogue

1992 ~ Erotica. A MASTERPIECE!!! Her darkest album to date. Grundgey and like rough. Most of the tracks were taken from a couple of takes. Keeps a raw kind of sound. 90’s house sounding. Her first conceptual album where she introduces herself as Mistress Dita (my profile pic). She deals with feelings of sex, romance, lost, lust, really a reflection of her deeper insecurities. Highlights: Bad Girl, Erotica, Words

1994 ~ Bedtime Stories. 90’s R&B sounding. Very chill album. Sensual and sexual. Kind of like a softer erotica. Dealing with a lot of the same themes but in a more gentler way. Definitely underrated. Its a work of art. Highlights: Bedtime Story, Inside of Me, Love Tried to welcome Me

1998 ~ Ray of Light. Electronica masterpiece. Trance music. I believe you said you listened so you know how great it is!

2000 ~ Music. A more harsher electronic Ray of Light. Some songs are completely in autotune. The first ever for a major pop star. Highlights: Music, Gone, I Deserve It

2003 ~ American Life. Another just WOW record. Deals with insecurity and who you are in this world. Struggles with politics, your image, who you want to be. The genre is Folktronica. The electronic music hits harder on this record than  any of hers previously. Highlights: Nothing Fails, X Static Process, Love Profusion, Easy Ride

2005 ~ Confessions on a Dance Floor. Disco disco disco! Very nu disco. Bops such as Hung Up is on this which I’m sure everyone has raved about in most of these posts. She talks a lot about the same issues as in American Life but kinda packages them in a more commercial way. Highlights: Hung Up, Get Together, Sorry, Let It Will Be, Like it or Not

2008 ~ Hard Candy. A sign of the times. Very 2000’s urban sounding. I mean she enlisted the 3 men who were making these popular hits with this sound at the time: Timabaland, Pharrell and Kanye. Has some hidden gems among the ****. Highlights: Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You, Heartbeat, Voices, Miles Away

2012 ~ MDNA. ALLLL EDM. Her worst work to date. Should have been cut in half. I recommend this as the last album you listen to. Who knows you might like it. Has some bangers! Highlights: Girl Gone Wild, Masterpiece, Beautiful Killer, I’m Addicted

2015 ~ Rebel Heart. Basically a double album. A lot of songs! Has a lot of trap influences and a lot of main pop songs. Has a lot of dance bops on it as well. There are some really nice personal albums that were publicly overshadowed from the **** like Bitch I’m Madonna. Highlights: Living for Love, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc, Rebel Heart

2019 ~ Madame X. EXPERIMENTAL POLITICAL WORLDLY MASTERPIECE! Her best album ever. Featuring so many different songs from around the world! Another concept album! American Life’s sequel. Very aggressive political songs but ones that offer hope in the end. Most of the songs have a weird structure and sound but I find them to be her best work EVER! She reunites with longtime producer Mirwais. He did Music, all of American Life and a couple on Confessions. He is of course all the super experimental and political songs on here Highlights: Killers Who Are Partying, Extreme Occident, God Control, Batuka, I Don’t Search I Find, Ciao Bella

Non-Album songs that you should listen to: Gambler, Causing a Commotion, Justify my Love, Rescue Me, This Used to be my Playground, You’ll See, Beautiful Stranger, Time Stood Still, History, Has To Be

@holy scheisse Sorry that I made this super long but hope this helps! :) 

let me know your thoughts when you listen to some of her albums 

I am SHOOOK and like super excited, this was an amazing post:applause: I feel like I just went on a journey reading it haha. 

I REALLY love the production and vibes of music/american life, so I am very, very excited to hear madame x now. Love how you describe music as a harsher ray of light, I really see that. Also I love american life being "folktronica".

Also people are talking UP erotica as this amazing dark album, and I'm really excited for that one now- so that's next. And I can't wait for the r&b influenced record too! Ahhhh I'll definitely let you know I've only listened to american life for a day, so I wanna give the album like another week before moving to the next one.

shoful
14 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I am SHOOOK and like super excited, this was an amazing post:applause: I feel like I just went on a journey reading it haha. 

I REALLY love the production and vibes of music/american life, so I am very, very excited to hear madame x now. Love how you describe music as a harsher ray of light, I really see that. Also I love american life being "folktronica".

Also people are talking UP erotica as this amazing dark album, and I'm really excited for that one now- so that's next. And I can't wait for the r&b influenced record too! Ahhhh I'll definitely let you know I've only listened to american life for a day, so I wanna give the album like another week before moving to the next one.

Glad you liked my post :)

Oh I totally understand! It took me awhile to listen to all her albums when I first got into her. Her albums are so good. You just need to sit with them and be like WOW this is amazing 

Definitely feel free to keep in touch with me with your thoughts on each album when you get to them. I’d love to hear your reactions! :hug:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

wetasspussy
3 hours ago, trevorrobertlee said:

happy peter griffin GIF by Family Guy

I-

:air:

So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up

GRIMEZSZ

EROTICA (WITH JUSTIFY MY LOVE) 

RAY OF LIGHT 

AMERICAN LIFE

CONFESSIONS ON A DANCEFLOOR

MUSIC 

Also

TRUE BLUE and BEDTIME STORIES 

hieronymus

6 hours ago, Bonkers said:

You'll never find a more connected feeling and love for the gays than when that happens.

what kind of f@ghag nonsense

7 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

tbqmfh.

What does that mean? 

To be quarantined mother fvcking hell? :ladyhaha:

I actually really really love her first record, her self-titled. Leaving her no wave past and delving into post-disco and absolutely killing it with only 8 tracks on the damn thing!

I’d give that one a go!

You mast also see her tour dvds, its fuc**ng amazing, she dance really really good, and her stage is fantastic.

Magneto

Unpopular opinion but I really enjoyed Madame X! Also I haven't listened to any of the older albums in full

Free my mind

Archived