Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Madonna stans: what's her best work?

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

Just now, holy scheisse said:

Is it different than "celebration"?:oprah:

Yes. The Immaculate Collection is a greatest hits album focusing on her songs from 1983-1990. Celebration features songs from all years of her career up until 2009. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wetasspussy

Although I haven't listen to alot of madonna songs or albums😅 but if I had to choose it would definitely be the ray of light

So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up

1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

This song!! Is one of my favs from this album. When you open up your mouth to speak, could you be a little weak?:cryga:

Mood

britney-madonna-shirt.jpg

GAMS, gay popstar

Just now, wetasspussy said:

Although I haven't listen to alot of madonna songs or albums😅 but if I had to choose it would definitely be the ray of light

happy peter griffin GIF by Family Guy

GAMS, gay popstar

3 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Honestly I'm sad to not have grown up with madonna in my life lol

Don't feel bad. I did not get into her until 2012 with MDNA (hence why it's one of my fav albums). Better late than never :staymad:

Jose P

Yes those are pretty much her most acclaimed, except AL which is more polarizing. Her three 90s albums Erotica, Bedtime Stories, and Ray Of Light are flawless. IMO the whole run from True Blue to COADF is perfect.

I’d say it is:

Flawless - Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Confessions, Madame X

Amazing - True Blue, Like A Prayer, Music, American Life

Alright - Madonna, Hard Candy, Rebel Heart

Meh - Like A Virgin

Atrocious - MDNA

If you want to get into her listen to her entire discography chronologically, it’s an amazing experience to see her growth and style evolution and constant reinventions. Even the lower tier albums are recommended to get the “full experience” of her career, the highs and the lows.

Towelney

I’m still going’s through her discography, but my favorite album so far is Rebel Heart :enigma:

Ghosttown, HeartBreakCity, Messiah, Hold Tight, Best Night, and Addicted are my favorites :heart:

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I’m still going’s through her discography, but my favorite album so far is Rebel Heart :enigma:

Ghosttown, HeartBreakCity, Messiah, Hold Tight, Best Night, and Addicted are my favorites :heart:

Ghost town is the only rebel heart track I've heard , oh living for love too, and I love both of them. So I'm intrigued!

holy scheisse
8 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Yes those are pretty much her most acclaimed, except AL which is more polarizing. Her three 90s albums Erotica, Bedtime Stories, and Ray Of Light are flawless. IMO the whole run from True Blue to COADF is perfect.

I’d say it is:

Meh - Like A Virgin

Atrocious - MDNA

If you want to get into her listen to her entire discography chronologically, it’s an amazing experience to see her growth and style evolution and constant reinventions. Even the lower tier albums are recommended to get the “full experience” of her career, the highs and the lows.

It's too late bc I already listened to 4 albums smack dab in the middle of her career hahaha. Which btw is just incredible that like 15 years into her career she was making such good music. Makes me excited to see what's to come with gaga

But okay, I'm gonna add bedtime stories to my shortlist lol. Im seeing lots of positive feedback about that one, too 

11 minutes ago, Jose P said:

I’d say it is:

Meh - Like A Virgin

Atrocious - MDNA

I agree with almost all of what you've written, but how can you "meh" Like A Virgin album?! It isn't just "alright" at least?

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

17 minutes ago, Towelney said:

Wow the taste here is fabulous!! Those are all stand outs from Rebel Heart for me, as well. I also love the title track. :heart:

Jose P
5 minutes ago, Sister said:

I agree with almost all of what you've written, but how can you "meh" Like A Virgin album?! It isn't just "alright" at least?

Hmmm idk in my opinion I find it to be mostly filler with only like a select few highlights like the singles. It also hasn’t aged as well as her other 80s albums. In my opinion, of course

brokenpromises

hi.. new user here! :)

have you listened to you can dance? its a really great remix album of hers from 1987!

21 minutes ago, Jose P said:

I’d say it is:

Meh - Like A Virgin

Atrocious - MDNA

Great ranking, except I'd switch Hard Candy and MDNA. I honestly hate Hard Candy with a passion. I always listen with an open mind but each time I'm left more unimpressed than before. The only good thing from that era was the tour. 

Archived