💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Madonna stans: what's her best work?

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

27monster27
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

I'm interested to hear rebel heart. I've only heard it trashed, along with mdna (which I'm very nervous about bc of the nicki minaj song that sucks lol) but also I love that we share the same favs :wub:

Make sure to listen to the bonus tracks of MDNA too because they (for the most part) are pretty good.

he/him/his

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But to date, Rebel Heart is my favorite. The demos are ICONIC! THIS GIVES ME CHILLS! Maoonna and I are both Shitzhu's, if anyone is familiar with Primal Astrology!

GAMS, gay popstar

2 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I'm gonna take your rec and listen to erotica and then madame x next. I'm so excited! So, madame x I've heard God Control (which is like a mind**** and made me cry today?) And the maluma collabs just bc of the toe incident, but I'm intrigued to hear the rest

Medellin gets an unfair bad reputation but it's a damn bop. When she sang it during the Madame X Tour the entire theatre was alive with singing and dancing. 

I also used to play American Life on the jukebox at a local restaurant A LOT when I was little. Sorry, I'm stanning. 

GAMS, gay popstar

holy scheisse
11 minutes ago, Sunny said:

Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dance Floor are considered her best by the majority of fans. Fans of the older stuff would add Like a Prayer and True Blue. 

My personal faves are American Life, Ray of Light, Confessions and Erotica. I haven't really followed her newer work that much, but most fans say that Madame X is a return to her true self.

All of her albums are great in some way, and unique - each one is a different genre, theme... (though Hard Candy and from there are kinda, uhh, let's say different - but they have some amazing hidden gems)

Ok def doing erotica next bc your other favs are my favs so far haha. Im intrigued by hard candy isn't that the justin timberlake collab album?

holy scheisse
Just now, trevorrobertlee said:

I also used to play American Life on the jukebox at a local restaurant A LOT when I was little. Sorry, I'm stanning. 

That's so cute :) I was in such deep thought by it today lol. It seems like her "f*ck the system" album

Agunimon
4 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I'm interested to hear rebel heart. I've only heard it trashed, along with mdna (which I'm very nervous about bc of the nicki minaj song that sucks lol) but also I love that we share the same favs :wub:

MDNA I am surprised is regarded as negatively as it is amongst her fanbase (although that album is honestly so bad to me except for Girl Gone Wild), because I guess I stereotype her megafans to being the kinds of music listeners who want upbeat electronic dance music first and foremost.

4 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Is this a "best of" album:flower:

Yes, it is the best selling compilation album of all time :nooo:

Madonna_-_The_Immaculate_Collection.png

Just now, holy scheisse said:

That's so cute :) I was in such deep thought by it today lol. It seems like her "f*ck the system" album

ABSOLUTELY! That album was a f*ck you to George W. Bush LOLZ! My parents LOVED Madonna, both graduated in the early 80's. Am so thankful to have parents who exposed me to pop culture. I remember Madonna dropping the What It Feels Like For A Girl (trance version) video and was SO MOVED. She had such an influence. Will always have a soft spot in my heart. Such a powerful woman. 

GAMS, gay popstar

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, BioStasis said:

Medellin gets an unfair bad reputation but it's a damn bop. When she sang it during the Madame X Tour the entire theatre was alive with singing and dancing. 

I like that one tbh! Slow down papi:gaycat:

Butters Stotch

For me, it's Ray Of Light, Confessions On A Dancefloor, Bedtime Stories, and Erotica. If you want to get into her music, I suggest you start with Confessions, then ROL, then Erotica. If you like those, try something else. Bedtime Stories is not for everyone, but I honestly think this album is amazing.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

holy scheisse
1 minute ago, trevorrobertlee said:

ABSOLUTELY! That album was a f*ck you to George W. Bush LOLZ! My parents LOVED Madonna, both graduated in the early 80's. Am so thankful to have parents who exposed me to pop culture. I remember Madonna dropping the What It Feels Like For A Girl (trance version) video and was SO MOVED. She had such an influence. Will always have a soft spot in my heart. Such a powerful woman. 

This song!! Is one of my favs from this album. When you open up your mouth to speak, could you be a little weak?:cryga:

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, BioStasis said:

Yes, it is the best selling compilation album of all time :nooo:

Madonna_-_The_Immaculate_Collection.png

Is it different than "celebration"?:oprah:

1 minute ago, GGVS said:

Bedtime Stories is not for everyone, but I honestly think this album is amazing.

It took me YEARS to get into Bedtime Stories but one night it finally hit me and I've been a stan since. By the way, today is the 26th anniversary of this album 

Archived