💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

This Adele SNL skit receives backlash

COOOK

Featured Posts

This particular SNL skit was one of the most memorable moments in Adele's participation in the show for various reasons: she breaks character bursting into laughter, and some fans were not pleased with the storyline of the skit itself:

• COOOK changed the title to This Adele SNL skit receives backlash
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
berlinforme

I can see why it might be problematic, but isn't it rather making fun of the white women going there? It's hardly promoting sex tourism. 

3 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i’m confused what is the storyline about actually?

White women travelling to Africa because they want to **** African men with big dicks. 

Reality

Okay, we can argue about whether or not the skit was considered offensive, but are people really "offended" that Adele broke character? :smh: That's a new low.

🖤👹

NewUsername

When watching this sketch I felt indeed that it was kinda risqué, but more than anything I think it ridicules that type of women and not Africa(ns), which makes it... still a bit strange but... less bad?

PsychoMaxcara
5 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

It pokes fun of white women traveling to Africa for S3X, similarly to how many old white dudes visit poor Asian countries.

Of course, people got offended. :triggered:

9 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Okay, we can argue about whether or not the skit was considered offensive, but are people really "offended" that Adele broke character? :smh: That's a new low.

That's not what's going on @M Monstre. One of the articles:

"In the skit, Adele, Kate McKinnon, and Heidi Gardner play three divorcees advertising African tourism, which include countless sexual innuendoes as shirtless Black men walk by carrying white women on their shoulders.

Adele, who is rumored to be dating Nigerian rapper Skepta, couldn't keep her composure delivering euphemisms like, "I found such a deep, deep connection here" and said visitors should witness "the massive bamboos."

The sketch received immediate backlash from people who found it offensive and also in poor taste, considering the current #EndSARS movement happening in Nigeria."

JusKeepBreathin

Why is it bad when Adele laughs? Some of the most funny moments are when they break character like Lindsey Lohan. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

PsychoMaxcara
3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Do people not understand comedy? the skit is making fun of white women who act this way.

Comedy was canceled when cancel culture took over. You can no longer make fun of anything and anyone because people are bound to find the joke offensive / bad taste. Hence why so many comedians hosting televised shows nowadays are boring and tired because there's always the fear of getting canceled. 

Agunimon
3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Do people not understand comedy? the skit is making fun of white women who act this way.

No, people do not.

Archived