💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

This Adele SNL skit receives backlash

COOOK

Featured Posts

16 minutes ago, COOOK said:

This particular SNL skit was one of the most memorable moments in Adele's participation in the show for various reasons: she breaks character bursting into laughter, and some fans were not pleased with the storyline of the skit itself:

"I teach about slavery in america, I teach about any kind of genocides that has been known TO MAN and I am very offended that this skit pictures three WHITE WOMAN I have to repeat WHITE W H I T E who go where youmay ask... AFRICA??? WHAT THE **** THEY GO TO AFRICA??? OFFENSIVE"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Do people not understand comedy? the skit is making fun of white women who act this way.

And why are white women who might have had troubled past relationships, possibly fleeing abusive relationships, okay to be made fun of? These white women are being portrayed as privileged idiot predators when in actuality many are just sad and lonely and looking for an escape.

2 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Comedy was canceled when cancel culture took over. You can no longer make fun of anything and anyone because people are bound to find the joke offensive / bad taste. Hence why so many comedians hosting televised shows nowadays are boring and tired because there's always the fear of getting canceled. 

this :air:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

These three women's hairdo also pictures the women of the 60s and guess what I am a teacher in high school and I teach about the civil rights movement in america and these women wore the same beehives i am very offended Adele!!!!! How dare you...... wowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SHOCKED and APPALLED

SJW Twitter be like

Did someone say...............africa???,

Did someone just say.............asia? South america???? Middle East??????????

Did someone just say Norway? OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!

Reality
6 minutes ago, COOOK said:

That's not what's going on @M Monstre. One of the articles:

"In the skit, Adele, Kate McKinnon, and Heidi Gardner play three divorcees advertising African tourism, which include countless sexual innuendoes as shirtless Black men walk by carrying white women on their shoulders.

Adele, who is rumored to be dating Nigerian rapper Skepta, couldn't keep her composure delivering euphemisms like, "I found such a deep, deep connection here" and said visitors should witness "the massive bamboos."

The sketch received immediate backlash from people who found it offensive and also in poor taste, considering the current #EndSARS movement happening in Nigeria."

I understand what's going on, but those are two separate things. One is the skit itself and the other is Adele breaking character. 

We can discuss whether or not the skit was offensive, but it's sad that people are also upset that she broke character. Plently of SNL actors have broken character before...

🃏🖤👹

9 minutes ago, COOOK said:

"In the skit, Adele, Kate McKinnon, and Heidi Gardner play three divorcees advertising African tourism, which include countless sexual innuendoes as shirtless Black men walk by carrying white women on their shoulders.

Adele, who is rumored to be dating Nigerian rapper Skepta, couldn't keep her composure delivering euphemisms like, "I found such a deep, deep connection here" and said visitors should witness "the massive bamboos."

The sketch received immediate backlash from people who found it offensive and also in poor taste, considering the current #EndSARS movement happening in Nigeria."

Who said they went to Nigeria? No one. Again Twitter trying to find something to be shocked and offended by

4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I understand what's going on, but those are two separate things. One is the skit itself and the other is Adele breaking character. 

We can discuss whether or not the skit was offensive, but it's sad that people are also upset that she broke character. Plently of SNL actors have broken character before...

Of course they're two separate things, the point is that while people found funny that Adele broke character, others were upset by the skit's storyline. Nobody's upset(?) that she broke character

Nick Young Wtf GIF

Reality
1 minute ago, COOOK said:

Of course they're two separate things, the point is that while people found funny that Adele broke character, others were upset by the skit's storyline. Nobody's upset(?) that she broke character

Nick Young Wtf GIF

You said in the OP: "This particular SNL skit was one of the most memorable moments in Adele's participation in the show for various reasons: she breaks character bursting into laughter, and some fans were not pleased with the storyline of the skit itself:" :selena: What are the "various reasons" if it's not people being upset about the storyline and the fact that she broke character? :selena: 

Also, one tweet literally said: "A skit about white women going to Africa for sex tourism with Adele breaking character constantly because she can’t control her laughter. Really???" They could've stopped it at, "A skit about white women going to Africa for sex tourism? Really???", but they didn't :selena: 

🃏🖤👹

3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You said in the OP: "This particular SNL skit was one of the most memorable moments in Adele's participation in the show for various reasons: she breaks character bursting into laughter, and some fans were not pleased with the storyline of the skit itself:" :selena: What are the "various reasons" if it's not people being upset about the storyline and the fact that she broke character? :selena: 

Also, one tweet literally said: "A skit about white women going to Africa for sex tourism with Adele breaking character constantly because she can’t control her laughter. Really???" They could've stopped it at, "A skit about white women going to Africa for sex tourism? Really???", but they didn't :selena: 

:oprah:

This is a genius skit and a brilliant commentary on how out of touch these privledge white women truly are. It really is a shame comedy can no longer be risque, today's social justice warrior would have had their heads explode back in the 20th century. But, just remember, we don't need to listen to the people being critical of this...their lives are clearly devoid of any meaning. Also, a few whiny morons on Twitter is hardly what I'd call "backlash" :ladyhaha:

Pennywise

A LOT of new accounts have started yapping about "cancel culture" these days. Hmm, makes one wonder :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived