💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Top streamed 2020 albums on Spotify

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

edengowon

very surprised that folklore and the album didn't make it tbh

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Loyalty

It’s total streams though :awkney: not exactly the most streamed of 2020. 

Don’t Start Now, Blinding Lights, Sweet But Psycho all came out last year or before. 

20 minutes ago, Loyalty said:

It’s total streams though :awkney: not exactly the most streamed of 2020. 

Don’t Start Now, Blinding Lights, Sweet But Psycho all came out last year or before. 

Without Me being on Halsey's album but came out in 2018 lol +1B streams for the "most streamed album in 2020"

The Clown

So, as some others have said, this isn't exactly a good measurement of success, because there's lots of gimmicks people can pull to inflate those numbers.

Halsey, for instance, replaced her planned, floppy lead single, Nightmare, with Without Me. Ava Max released like 7 singles starting 2 years before H&H release. I'm sure others have used some similar questionable strategies as well.

Basically, one or two monster hits now make an entire album look like a huge success, altough we know from the pre-streaming era that popular singles don't always translate to good album sales.

I don't really know how one would go around fixing this, though. You could go ahead and count the album tracks, I suppose, but then you open another can of worms: do "half" singles, like ARUTW, 911 or Sour Candy count?

PsychoMaxcara

Ava Max, a new artist without a strong established fan following  S L A Y I N G  at #6 with one of the best pure Pop records released in the last few years. :enigma:

And people still dare question her status as a major Pop girl? :enigma:

ThisGuyTony
21 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Ava Max, a new artist without a strong established fan following  S L A Y I N G  at #6 with one of the best pure Pop records released in the last few years. :enigma:

And people still dare question her status as a major Pop girl? :enigma:

She put Sweet But Psycho on her album which is why it’s top 10 on this list. :rip: 

JusKeepBreathin

I wonder if Ariana will be in the Top Ten in one week like Justin. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived