💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga owes us nothing; we're lucky to be fans of such a versatile artist

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

It's all pop music and it's all there for the fun, but truth be told, in comparison to pop music's standards, Gaga has given us too much and so we're lucky to be fans of such a versatile woman.

Look at everyone on the music scene right now, be it pop artists, rappers, Latin pop singers... etc! all the artists in every genre is an uninspired copy of either another artist or a previous work of their own. For example, Ariana Grande's new era is so far nothing special music-wise/photoshoot-wise. Lana Del Rey's new single is kind of repetitive. All females rappers are uncanny copies of Nicki Minaj's... everything. All Latin artists are going reggaeton and collaborating with Maluma, J Balvin and Bad Bunny. Some artists don't even change their looks anymore to celebrate new eras. See this one:

Spoiler

Mexican pop queen Paulina Rubio has maintained the same look since 2006 until today.

DKp-L9jf-XUAIqmsa.jpg

foto-006.jpg

000-mvd6120278-23c2e133955-original.jpg

image.png

That being said, I understand some artists get so massive during an era to the point where the look and sound become iconic to the public, that they become a bit afraid to try a different look/theme for next eras, thus they maintain what made them huge. In my opinion, one big era doesn't mean being stuck in it for the rest of your career. Eventually, things change for the artist, they age, some start a family.. etc! and the public just don't look at them the same way anymore and will most likely get bored.

Now don't get me wrong if you're a stan of any of the artists mentioned above, I'm not telling anyone to keep changing their look or sound. But just imagine how boring it'd be over here if Gaga has maintained the Poker Face/The Fame wig, look, theme and sound just because that era was so big and iconic.

Luckily for us the fans, Gaga is brave enough to go for different themes, go deeper within her creativity and artistry to give something different from previous eras all while remaining the Gaga we know and love. This is what makes her the most versatile artists on the scene. She literally went from singing pop, to jazz, to country, to ballads, to dance and she didn't only do it for a change, she did it well.

Stop Gaga saying owes us just because she didn't promote Chromatica enough. The current global situation doesn't seem to fit the plans that she had prepared to kick off the era. Some people lost it all during this time. Us asking for her to risk it all and go promoting like there's nothing is a bit too much.

If you're bored of her now, go through her archive as there's lots of different stuff you can enjoy. I'd say go stan another artist but it's just too hard finding someone as multitalented, flexible and adapted as Gaga.

• Bambino changed the title to Gaga owes us nothing; we're lucky to be fans of such a versatile artist
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino
2 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Kindly leave this thread if you're not going to add anything to it please. No time for negativity sweetie.

NFRatwell

I guess all the ranting on the Ari threads about how boring and basic she is compared to the “multitalented, flexible and adapted” Lady Gaga wasn’t enough to get your message across. :awkney: seriously, you don’t need to shade other established artists for simply enjoying the art they make and finding a home in a sound they like. And the Lana shade again

We had this conversation 2 days ago already...

Why are Kylie Minogue, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Cardi B & Megan, and tons of other artists, perfectly able to release music, music videos, photoshoots, perform, communicate with fans, adapt to the pandemic...?
But when it comes to Gaga we should just expect nothing :sweat: I don't understand the logic in this really

Bambino
1 minute ago, NFRatwell said:

I guess all the ranting on the Ari threads about how boring and basic she is compared to the “multitalented, flexible and adapted” Lady Gaga wasn’t enough to get your message across.  seriously, you don’t need to shade other established artists for simply enjoying the art they make and finding a home in a sound they like. And the Lana shade again

I'm not shading anyone :smh: I said it's my opinion and this may surprise you but a member on a forum can get to have an opinion that you may or may not agree with. Why do you have a problem with that? Is the forum running out of space or something?

Biggest Bitch
7 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Kindly leave this thread if you're not going to add anything to it please. No time for negativity sweetie.

Ok, I'm out but please tell me why r u so obsessed with Lana? :selena: 

Bambino
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

We had this conversation 2 days ago already...

Why are Kylie Minogue, Dua Lipa, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Cardi B & Megan, and tons of other artists, perfectly able to release music, music videos, photoshoots, perform, communicate with fans, adapt to the pandemic...?
But when it comes to Gaga we should just expect nothing :sweat: I don't understand the logic in this really

As I said in the OP, maybe the plans she had for Chromatica can't be perfectly done the way she wanted them during this time. Maybe she planned something different from those artists you mentioned.

Bambino
5 minutes ago, Biggest Bitch said:

Ok, I'm out but please tell me why r u so obsessed with Lana?

I'm not. I can't claim that Gaga is the most versatile artist without pointing out some examples to get my point through. I also made mention of Ariana Grande, whom I'm indifferent with, and Paulina Rubio, who's my fave, who cares?

1 minute ago, Bambino said:

As I said in the OP, maybe the plans she had for Chromatica can't be perfectly done the way she wanted them during this time. Maybe she planned something different from those artists you mentioned.

I bet none of the artists releasing music planned a promotion schedule including a whole ass pandemic. But they managed to adapt. The pandemic affects all artists equally. Gaga isn't alone in this situation but she's the only one who basically did nothing

FameMonster01

Don't get me wrong but I feel, had ARTPOP been a success, she would've continued doing pop music until it doesn't stick anymore. I am not saying she would always do pop, but for sure it would have continued for a longer time, if ARTPOP didn't unperform

I feel like all these projects, CTC, Joanne, ASIB, were all here to change her image, as her pop side didn't appeal to GP anymore and she was afraid of doing another pop album after ARTPOP

Cello

Agree, one of the best things about Gaga is her versatility! Whatever she does is always exciting. :firega:

And if she chooses to go off the radar, or circumstances force her to, then that's fine too. She has already given us so much. 

she/her đŸ‘čđŸ–€ | đŸš«Tabloid JunkieđŸŽ¶

Calm down guys, he also “““shaded””” Paulina Rubio who's his idol, you shouldn't read too much into it:emma:

OT: Yes, we're lucky overall. Look, I barely like anything about Chromatica, but if she came up with TFM 2.0 it would be soooo boring... She changes everytime, so we can't be in love with every release but if she released The Fame over and over again I guarantee you that we would only listen to the first The Fame. I'm happy to stan a daring artist even though I don't ALWAYS love the work

Borislshere
2 minutes ago, Bambino said:

That's still not an excuse though. I highly doubt those artist planned for a pandemic to hit and made events for it. They adapted what their release schedules with the current situations and made it work. Gaga could literally be doing the same. Yeah it sucks we won't get the original roll out she had planned but we could get something. 

Archived