💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is MARINA the most unproblematic pop girl?

Bambino

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Gagz said:

What song mocks feminism? If you’re referring to Can’t Pin Me Down, that song is pro-feminism and I don’t recall her ever apologizing for it. Also the I Am Not A Robot video is clearly not black face. You’d have to be trying really hard to find a reason to dislike her to come to that conclusion. 

7 minutes ago, RandomName said:

That was definitely not blackface in I Am Not A Robot. Blackface is the intention to look like a POC. Marina didnt. Thats a reach. Appropriation if the native american headdress? Also a reach, unless you wanna include all the little boys and girls who dress up as indians for halloween. Also i assumed everyone on this site was ACAB

I personally dont think any of the things I mentioned about Marina is wrong, im just saying you can make anyone look problematic. Because the standard of whos problematic applies to everyone. You can also take something not problematic and turn it into one.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
radioactive
50 minutes ago, Hybrid Rose said:

didn't she fire her manager for requesting maternity leave?

that was a rumor it was never confirmed 

5 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Charli is super unproblematic as well

true. it’s her fans who are problematic.

Bambino
2 hours ago, Adarsh said:

Gaga has actually never done anything problematic other than DWUW. I have no idea why other stans hate her

Because their faves could never.

Glamourpuss
2 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Its very easy to cancel someone if you wanted, because it applies to every single human being.

Marina mocked feminism is one her her songs, then she apologized for it. Blackface in I Am Not A Robot video. Appropriation of a Native American headdress in her “How to Be a Heartbreaker” video. She said cops are mentally ill..

That wasn't blackface in that video. 

1 minute ago, ***** said:

That’s a stretch. Not all dark paint is blackface. She very clearly was not attempting to appear a different race, her skin was covered in glittery oil. 

1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

That wasn't blackface in that video. 

I personally dont think any of the things I mentioned about Marina is wrong, im just saying you can make anyone look problematic. Because the standard of whos problematic applies to everyone. You can also take something not problematic and turn it into one.

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
3 hours ago, Gam said:

Yes :flutter:

Reveal hidden contents

everytime marina is mentioned this vid pops up in my head :air:

Thats why we dont hear about her anymore

6 minutes ago, ***** said:

I still can’t believe Jenna Marbles got canceled for her Hulk impression when the green face paint was altered to look brown :messga: the Internet is officially cancelled for cancelling the least problematic person on the platform 

Yeah and I think "cancel culture" is important when it comes to real issues, and many people should be canceled. But alot of whats happening today is fake wokeness that doesnt help the issue they claim they fight for. 

The latest example is how Luke Combs was canceled for "racism" and "sexism", but they only canceled him because he beat Ariana Grande on the chart.

People are using racism for entertainment and personal gains.

Emigrante
10 minutes ago, ***** said:

We can’t ignore “Girls,” which I do believe she’s apologized for. Although she was in a completely different headspace in 2010, her “I’m not like other girls” mentality. She was very clearly trying to standout from her female peers but she knows now that women need to stick together 

lol, that song is sarcastic. it's not mocking feminism in any way. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Archived