💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Best lead single of the last 12 months

sexy

Lead singles  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Best lead single of the last year?

• Lose You to Love Me - Selena Gomez
    • Lights Up - Harry Styles
    • Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
    • Yummy - Justin Bieber
    • Heartless - The Weeknd
    • Stupid Love - Lady Gaga
    • Daisies - Katy Perry
    • Cardigan - Taylor Swift
    • WAP - Cardi B & Meghan Thee Stallion
    • Positions - Ariana Grande

Featured Posts

Butters Stotch

Midnight Sky from Miley Cyrus is the best one.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of these songs does anything to me. Miley cyrus also wouldnt

Dont start now is the only that captivates me and stupid love has that pre-chorus that still trumps over the competition

Midnight Sky, WAP and SL.

Don't Start Now so overhyped and the rest of the album (sans singles) aged already.

I like dancin', and ponies....

alsemanche
3 hours ago, KaGOATrl said:

For a "gaga-fan-site" ... shame on you. 

Just because it's a Gaga fan site doesn't mean we have to adore everything she does :bear:

OT: From the list I only like Don't Start Now and Cardigan (one of the two songs that I like on folklore :derpga:). WAP is a fun song but I wouldn't say I like it. And Stupid Love is one of my least fav Gaga songs ever so yeah.

I think I'd choose DSN eventually. Also Midnight Sky should be on the list, it's one of the best pop songs of the year. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

PsychoMaxcara

I voted for WAP, not because I adore the song, but because I really miss controversial moments in music, y'know, the kind that makes people accuse the singer in question from witchcraft/worshipping the devil and has the soccer moms concerned how it impacts the wellbeing of their children etc. I miss controversial and daring pop stars, everyone is so.... safe these days, and if they are doing something daring it actually feels pre-approved and artificial (e.g. Demi Lovato's Commander in Chief), so I thought WAP was refreshing. I'm not saying Cardi and Megan did something that was never done before, but the video and song did cause a splash. 

As for Stupid Love, I do enjoy it as an album track on Chromatica, but no, I don't think it was a good lead single. It is the only "safe" song on the album though, so it makes sense to me why it was picked over songs like Alice or Rain on Me.

I will also bop to Don't Start Now when it comes on, but once again, is it revolutionary and life-changing?

Ultimately, none of the songs listed left a particularly strong impression on me, but I do recall watching the WAP music video and feeling like it was a *moment* because it had an ensemble of self-made women acting unapologetically sexual and uncensored (without any men being involved or appearing in it). Some might say it was done to an obscene degree, but that just goes to show that we tend to judge women in a harsher way than men. 

NewYorkGirl

Don’t Start Now - glad the majority of us are on the same level for once. 

My. Lawyer. Liked. That.

PsychoMaxcara
Just now, BioStasis said:

No love for Kesha's Raising Hell :wtf:

Girl, don't get me started on the wasted opportunities that plagued High Road :cryga: Kesha deserved so much better 

1 minute ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Girl, don't get me started on the wasted opportunities that plagued High Road :cryga: Kesha deserved so much better 

Controversial opinion, but High Road is her best album. I HATE how it was basically swept under the rug :fthis: 

PsychoMaxcara
Just now, BioStasis said:

Controversial opinion, but High Road is her best album. I HATE how it was basically swept under the rug :fthis: 

Absolutely. She has never sounded more powerful and the entire album has a special place in my heart since it kind of symbolizes the light at the end of the tunnel, the place one enters when they're finished healing and are ready to find happiness again. 

Archived