💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Olivia Newton-John agrees that her song "Physical" is better than Dua's

COOOK

Featured Posts

brizoda
9 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I love house music but I feel that, as a time and place, the moment’s gone for me. I still enjoy hearing it but it doesn’t move me the way it did when I was younger. I read some famous musician saying that only two genres can be played for life: jazz and heavy metal. Every other genre is only for when you’re young. But I hope i’m wrong and still dancing the night away to acid house when i’m in my 70s and 80s.

As a sound though, as you have shown, it’s still active in it’s hometown. Which is a beautiful thing. It’s kind of amazing that house took over the world briefly in the late 80s and early 90s. I guess the world really united. Makes me sad thinking about how together we used to feel. 

At least occasionally house sparks up now and again. And as house music reaches a mature age (40 years now) and becomes a classic genre, I hope Chicago can use it’s important heritage as the birthplace as house to revitalise it’s economy. 

The acid house era was the best in my life, and in the 2nd place the 80s synthpop

But I'm buying a lot of house music since then until now

I buy house music in Traxsource.com (they have new music every week)

These are my 3 favorites house songs of the Acid Era :

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation

I actually got into synthpop and house music rather late, in my mid 20s. When I was in my teens and early 20s I was into 80s funk (like Prince, Rick James, New Edition and Michael Jackson) and 90s/2000s r&b. Occasionally there were some French house songs that I loved like Modjo’s Lady and Daft Punk’s One More Time. I guess you could call that late 90s/early 2000s period (my coming of age era) the “Second Wave of House”. It wasn’t my preferred style at the time but in retrospect it was arguably a repeak for the genre in terms of creativity- and I actually find it more listenable than the r&b I used to listen to!

But honestly, I so wish I grew up in the late 70s, 80s and early 90s so I could have experienced all those genres as they first appeared, but I suppose getting them late is better than never. 

Jose P

Whoever didn’t immediately think of Olivia’s song when they heard of Dua’s is uncultured. I love both but only one is an iconic hit that remains relevant decades later.

They just share the same title "Physical" and the other one is inspired by iconic "let's get physical" :trollga:

how do you compare which one is better when they're not even singing the same song? :zilla:

12 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Plus look at how gay this video is 💁🏼‍♂️

Just like other gays it’s unavailable to me

4 hours ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

If olivia's version is updated I'd get physical with her

It kinda did in glee 

Of course Dua’s is newer with fresher production (and I do like it a lot), but the world didn’t really know it, and those that did have already kind of forgotten it.  

ONJ’s Physical, at the moment in the zeitgeist, was a SMASH, and people still recognize and remember it fondly today - especially the video. 

hieronymus
16 hours ago, brizoda said:

There is alot of ''Gay Songs'' that I don't like, and this is one of them, and I dont mind if a song is 'Gay' or 'Straight'

Other gay songs that I dont like :

You make me feel mighty real - Sylvester

Barbie girl - Aqua

High energy - Evelyn Thomas

Its raining men - Weather girls

Cant take my eyes of you - Boystown Gang

Ahhh the classic "I'm not like other girls" trope. I bow before your self-imposed superiority. Look at you and your non-gay taste.

ItWasntLaauv

Of course Olivia’s gonna like her creation more because... it’s her creation. :haroon: I like both.

Archived