other

Positions Might Lose #1 Debut on Hot 100

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
myluis617

I did not like it at all if it goes #1 there must be chart manipulation involved. I think people will skip this song.Ā 

Thomas P

Quite frankly I donā€™t think she cares that much. Scooter likes the numbers, but whatā€™s another number 1 debut for Ariana? She seems like truly one of the only mainstream artists out there rn who just enjoys making music to make it, and as much as this song is farrrr from being her best, I like it because she sounds like sheā€™s having a lot of fun doing it.Ā 

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

bionic
1 hour ago, Sour Candy said:

you hope for theĀ fail because you didn't like the song? jeezĀ :emma:

What? Where is the confusion in me not liking the song and thinking it doesnā€™t deserve to be number 1?Ā 

buy bionic

yes and
20 minutes ago, bionic said:

What? Where is the confusion in me not liking the song and thinking it doesnā€™t deserve to be number 1?Ā 

You literally wrote that you hope the songĀ loses #1 debut because it's not good lol

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Sorcerer

I think it might pull through

Althought I still believe that Rain On Me would obliterate Positions in a one-on-oneĀ :ally:

bionic
22 minutes ago, Sour Candy said:

You literally wrote that you hope the songĀ loses #1 debut because it's not good lol

Yeah where's the controversy in that statement? If I don't think a song is good why would I want it to get to number 1?

buy bionic

1 hour ago, myluis617 said:

I did not like it at all if it goes #1 there must be chart manipulation involved. I think people will skip this song.Ā 

Or some people actually enjoy the song a lot even if itā€™s not your cup of tea.Ā :ohwell:

(Not directed at you directly, just a general statement:)Ā I swear on every single new pop girl release, people on here are still seeing it as direct competition for Gagaā€™s stature, itā€™s kind of sad.Ā :smh:

Personally I think itā€™s my favorite release of hers in a long time. Iā€™m far from an Ariana stan, just my opinion. But even if I didnā€™t like it, I wouldnā€™t put so much importanceĀ on its chart position, because I know the Billboard 100 has been straying away from the type of music I usually like for a long time.

If the song gets to #1 and you think it ā€œdoesnā€™t make senseā€ because you donā€™t like it,Ā it might be that youā€™re in the same situation. Positions is the kind of song that has a good chanceĀ to makeĀ it intoĀ the top 10 today.Ā Dance pop doesnā€™t get into the top 10 as often now, rarely in fact. Thatā€™s just how it is ā€“ doesnā€™t mean that money was involved to get the song there, just that the GPā€™s taste evolves and changes with time.

I'm pretty sure positions will debut at #1 given scooter's hunger for chart successĀ :huntyga:Ā I am also sure the album will do gigantic numbers on spotify and everywhere else. I really hope the song doesn't represent the album though. I don't know if it is my very high expectations for Ariana (I love her and she truly is the sole it girl of her generation) but I am kinda let downĀ :noparty:Ā It's not a bad song by no stretch but it feels too safe at this stage of her careerĀ :lana:

myluis617
35 minutes ago, Bjaf said:

Or some people actually enjoy the song a lot even if itā€™s not your cup of tea.Ā :ohwell:

(Not directed at you directly, just a general statement:)Ā I swear on every single new pop girl release, people on here are still seeing it as direct competition for Gagaā€™s stature, itā€™s kind of sad.Ā :smh:

Personally I think itā€™s my favorite release of hers in a long time. Iā€™m far from an Ariana stan, just my opinion. But even if I didnā€™t like it, I wouldnā€™t put so much importanceĀ on its chart position, because I know the Billboard 100 has been straying away from the type of music I usually like for a long time.

If the song gets to #1 and you think it ā€œdoesnā€™t make senseā€ because you donā€™t like it,Ā it might be that youā€™re in the same situation. Positions is the kind of song that has a good chanceĀ to makeĀ it intoĀ the top 10 today.Ā Dance pop doesnā€™t get into the top 10 as often now, rarely in fact. Thatā€™s just how it is ā€“ doesnā€™t mean that money was involved to get the song there, just that the GPā€™s taste evolves and changes with time.

Well in my opinion the video and the song contradict each other. The song is speaking as a submissive woman while the video has her as the president who also acts like a housewife... I just dont think its good enough to have longevity compared to her other songs and videos I think its not her best but to each its own. šŸ˜Š

2 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Well in my opinion the video and the song contradict each other. The song is speaking as a submissive woman while the video has her as the president who also acts like a housewife... I just dont think its good enough to have lingevity compared to her other songs and videos I think its not her best but to each its own. šŸ˜Š

Oh, I didnā€™t see it as submission as much as being... versatile and ready for anything?Ā lol

But of course, you definitely have the right to your opinion! I was rather hoping to comment on the replies about charting andĀ the comparisons with Gaga, not the fact that people didnā€™t like the song.

yes and
38 minutes ago, bionic said:

Yeah where's the controversy in that statement? If I don't think a song is good why would I want it to get to number 1?

Because it's baseless hatred. It's totally ok whenĀ are not into this song. But you want this song to be unsuccessful, that's dumb afĀ :emma:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

SpiritBunny
3 hours ago, Sour Candy said:

you hope for theĀ fail because you didn't like the song? jeezĀ :emma:

Not debuting with a #1 doesn't make something a fail though.Ā 

HotLikeMexico
4 minutes ago, VenusHooker said:

:giggle:

YASS. I dunno why some people get so pressed about talking **** about Gaga. At the end itā€™s like who cares. Not everyone is gonna like her and thatā€™s okay. Do something else productive, itā€™ll make your life a lot better.Ā 

Archived