1. 1. positions

• It's a bop!
    • Room for improvement, expected more
    • Same old same old
    • Your opinion (post below)

Featured Posts

Pop Music

a bop 

not my fav Ari lead but def a bop and got me intrigued to hear the rest of the record 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P

I’d probably give is a light 7/10. The video is probably one of her best, but the song is just okay. It’s not awful by any means, she has wayy worse, but it’s also far from being even close to one of her best. It’s one that I can see myself vibing to, but not anything else. 
I hope the album has some better songs on it, but this one’s still pretty good. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

The song has some interesting moments musically and I did enjoy some harmonies BUT to me everything she released post GIAW seems a little uninteresting :enigma: Dangerous Woman was SUCH a gorgeous album that I expected her to become a pop titan. Commercially she is but I feel she's so much more talented and invested in music than to be releasing such safe songs... Most probably it's another gay nitpicking when it comes to pop music and I read myself for that, however Ariana is 27 and when you look at the trajectory of most women in pop music, these should be her most productive and defining years and I'm having a case of blue balls looking at her music in the last 2-3 years :bear:

I love Ariana so much and I'll support her music, I genuinely wish her success in her new era (looking forward to the album too!) but yeah. She's usually so good that this left me longing for more :yennefer:

I'm not into comparing women but with so much success under her belt, I can't help but wish this was her BTW moment. I know her and Gaga are soooo different but it's just this didn't really made me squeal and run to my queer friends for an extended critique :lana:

Karen Smith

The library is officially open.

I'm disappointed but not surprised. That song is boring and predictable. I heard it 3 times and I still can't remember this. She should take some break and make some good album instead of releasing the same kind of music once a year. Obviously, we didn't heard a whole record yet, but don't be delusional, it won't be as good as dangerous woman. 

It was my opinion. 

MadreMonster

I don’t think it’ll be a cultural moment at all but it’s good and chill. For some reason it feels very fall/winter vibe so the drive to work with it on was perfect.

Agunimon

I find it in line with quality of thank you next album, which is her highest quality album for me. wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I do check her releases. excited for the album.

monstertoronto

I like it but don't love it yet.  However I remember hearing NTLTC and liking it immediately but I didn't LOVE it until later.  Same with GIAW, which I initially thought was an underwhelming single choice and then it became my fave song on the album.  So I expect this will happen again. 

flyaway

Ariana,

Such a talent, such a voice. I will say what everyone knows. She has an amazing voice, she can transmit a lot of emotions with it. But the type of music she makes does not benefit her and makes her stay in the same place every single time.

I won't judge the lyrics, if she wants to talk about spending money or whatever like she did last time, cool. But make it a thing. Make it interesting so that people don't have to spend 3 minutes listening to nonsense. 

tyler k
5 hours ago, Delaytica said:

I honestly like it more than most people here I think. Reasons why:

ITS NOT TRAP :applause::pray:

It's nostalgic (90's, 00's)

Double entendre (Google it :bon:)

Fresh but still feels classic Ari

We know what to expect from Ari as an artist right now. I genuinely think her label will only let her expand as an artist so much, as she is one of the biggest pop stars in the world. With that said, I love and prefer when artists grow and take risks, but I cannot tell you how glad I am we are out of the sweetener, TUN, trap eras...it's so tired ...

Looking forward to her album which will hopefully continue to showcase her vocals more. 

Thank you!! 

I'm super excited for this album, I'm loving this vibe so far. I would like it if she left the trap behind and focused more on the early 2000s R&B vibes. it fits her so well. 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

I like it.  I voted bop.  But it's in one of her styles along with several other songs, so I would consider "same old same old" to be a compliment because I love those other songs.  Nothing wrong with being the same with something great.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived