💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Is music no longer a priority for singers?

Bottom

Featured Posts

I feel like these last 5 years more and more singers care less about their music and more about other ventures to make money. It is almost like music is a way to raise their celebrity so they can make money doing other stuff. For example Rihanna with her makeup company, Gaga with Haus Labs, Beyonce with her clothing range, Britney with her perfumes , Madonna with her cosmetics etc etc. It seems like everyone just drops a album every couple of years for the sake of it, like they have been forced to do it, and then spend the rest of the year promoting and building their empires. Does anyone else feel like this? I know it is all about money at the end of the day but i feel like we are way past the era where singers were more about artistry instead of cashing in on their celebrity. It has gone from full time singers who occasionally do a side project, to full time side project promoters who occasionally sing lmao. Do you think it is always going to be this way going forward or will a new generation of artists focus more on their art and less on amplifying their celebrity? I feel like the only one who is still about the music is Adele tbh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whoresup

Completely agree with you and it’s very very sad :smh: :smh:

The music industry isn’t what it was though, artists have to find other avenues to make the money they used to earn just from music sales 

Anveeroy

Music is no longer a profitable business for the musicians any more. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Cookie Tookie

Given that streaming gives you pennies, literally, I’m not surprised that they are turning to other forms of entertainment and business ventures. We all gotta make money at the end of the day. 

TimisaMonster

Streaming has really sucked the life out of music being a profitable business. Gone are the days of seeing most artists debut with millions of albums first week, hundreds of thousands of singles sold, etc...

Now it's about barely scratching 200,000 units in the first week to be #1...and streaming a song to death makes it chart higher...just look at how that annoying Tik Tok song went #1

So with artists as famous or popular as they are, they aren't making as much money unless they are constantly on tour, but then artists get burnt out, have health issues, and feel overworked! 

They need other streams of income in order to have a balanced and well..."comfortable" life. Perfumes, make up, fashion lines, endorsements, product placements, tv shows, movies, etc are all ways artists are now having to keep the lifestyles they enjoy. 

It's all about maintaining a BRAND and building on that name to get everything else to sell

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

pachinko

There is no money in music and it's a lot of work. Recording, releasing, promoting, charting, touring, traveling, gossip. 

It's easier to just slap your name on something and enjoy life.

Loyalty

Music business is profitable, but the profits mostly go to the label and not the artists who make the music because they have to recoup their advances. Labels don’t really pay artists much for their music and they get the bigger end of the stick when things are all said and done, which is why artists do endorsements and start up their own businesses. Not everyone is selling records like Adele. 

Archived