Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Is music no longer a priority for singers?

Bottom

Featured Posts

PsychoMaxcara
3 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

Lol wut?  :bear:

Hahaha, sorry didn't realize people might not know what I'm referencing :ladyhaha:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJRocketMan
2 hours ago, Luk said:

that's why i hate capitalism

Dude, the music industry was made for the free market.

those artists you mentioned are established artists with great musical career for years, they just want to explore a lot of things. 

RAMROD

Also, with non showbiz related venture like fashion, cosmetics, etc 

What it comes down to is likely called their retirement plan :giggle:

Showbiz can't support you forever especially if you're female and don't write your own songs. Also especially after you are well accostumed to the lavish lifestyle. You will not want that and other perks for being wealthy to go away once you can't do major tour anymore.

Hence they need to build an empire of another businesses that will guarantee them lavish life until the bitter end.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

New artists are found on places like youtube with a large following before they get a recording contract. They are at least half influencer along with music artist. 

It happens at the top level of pro sports too, everything from golf to car racing includes paid sponsors and product endorsements. They collect much more than winner's prize money at those levels. And they have teams of people to pay as well.

FrederickSpears
8 hours ago, Suuus said:

You do know that britney has zero control over her life right

And your point? Britney started her perfumes long before the conservatorship.

PunkTheFunk
8 hours ago, Bottom said:

tenor.gif

GGD when Gaga forgets to promote Chromatica for 5 seconds

SevenWonder

As others have said, music gets you a platform, but the days of selling 10-15 million albums at $12.99 a pop for an artist's peak years are over. That used to be the norm for any big act. Now it's Adele. Maybe Taylor. And then whenever a perfect storm hits (ASIB for Gaga, Billie's breakthrough, and the weird sustained global love for Ed Sheeran).

It's too bad, really. But we can't blame Gaga or RiRi for going the route they have. I know I would.

bionic
11 hours ago, Economy said:

But like I said the biggest money maker of all has always been the tours and streaming hasnt stopped that

Also streaming still pays something so hit singles and albums haven't totally lost their revenue

The decline isn't as insanely dramatic and some make it sound like

I suppose there’s a big risk for touring 

buy bionic

popREBELLION

Yeah i get it .. music is not as profitable as before .

But why a multi millionaire artists are hungry for more money ? This is so sad tbh 

Your description only fits Rihanna. Everyone else cares about their artistry and the other stuff is just a side gig.

Archived