Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular opinions - Gaga's music videos edition

PerfectGUY

Featured Posts

PerfectGUY

Hey guys! 

I haven't seen this thread yet 

First, I made a video about my favorite Gaga videos, it would mean the world to me if you watch it and like it to help a fellow monster :hug::heart:

Here are some unpopular opinions :

- Perfect Illusion is one of Gaga's best videos. It's so pumping, it feels like you're inside the video. The image quality is top notch, and Gaga's energy in it is breathtaking. Could've been way more I agree but it's so well done

- Million Reasons (and Perfect Illusion), despite being a bit cheap, have some of the deepest meanings in Gaga's videography and I have written multiple pages of theories about them. They're way more interesting and telling about Gaga that one could think

- Stupid Love is very fun and the dance routine is camp but PERFECTLY camp

- I love You & I's cinematography but I feel like there's something missing but I can't quite pinpoint what. I just don't connect with it and it bugs me because I love the song

- Rain On Me has a lot of hidden meanings with the dual parallel worlds and how women in music evolve separated from each other when in truth they could help each other out and dance through the pain and traumas of touring (Gaga's knife in her hip, Ari's bee wings)

- 911 is one of my favorite videos and I love all the Easter eggs + the deeper meanings about Chromatica and the connection between physical and mental health BUT I can't wrap my head around what the video could've been if it was high budget - VFX heavy with a futuristic/metallic feel and where Gaga would battle her past selves with iconic outfits she wore and bring all her past personas to life

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

the stupid love video is genuinely awful

like to the point that its existence tainted people's ideas of the song

it's fun but like... what was the point of including a story if you're gonna just have some people floating and that's it? the iphone filming makes it SO MUCH worse too, it looks cheap.

had she just been dancing with absolutely no storyline and a proper camera, it would've been much much better

this is just my opinion, and i don't hold it against gaga, i just see the video as a series of awful choices (plus i LOVE stupid love so i hold it to a higher standard)

the artist formerly known as melancholia

PerfectGUY
5 minutes ago, Autumn said:

it's fun but like... what was the point of including a story if you're gonna just have some people floating and that's it? the iphone filming makes it SO MUCH worse too, it looks cheap.

had she just been dancing with absolutely no storyline and a proper camera, it would've been much much better

this is just my opinion, and i don't hold it against gaga, i just see the video as a series of awful choices (plus i LOVE stupid love so i hold it to a higher standard)

it's true that the tribes had SO MUCH potential and it's one of my biggest regrets in the Chromatica era that they weren't explored further

TimisaMonster
22 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

it's true that the tribes had SO MUCH potential and it's one of my biggest regrets in the Chromatica era that they weren't explored further

I honestly thought at least 1 song off the album would represent each tribe and the other songs would be more cohesive themed songs...know what I mean? 

Listening to the album...the tribes have NOTHING to do with anything and were never seen or heard from again...

:smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Stanley Digaga

I watched the video at x2 speed (because 20 minutes for a ranking of 23 videos is bit long tbh) and it was quite an experience :laughga: Just Dance and Poker Face sounded good if you want to try :enigma:

I agree with most of your ranking but I think Telephone MV is overrated.

PerfectGUY
5 minutes ago, Stanley Digaga said:

I watched the video at x2 speed (because 20 minutes for a ranking of 23 videos is bit long tbh) and it was quite an experience :laughga: Just Dance and Poker Face sounded good if you want to try :enigma:

I agree with most of your ranking but I think Telephone MV is overrated.

I'm sorry about the video length :laughga: the video is also meant for non-Gaga fans so I didn't want to include extra short clips so instead I edited the videos to show most of what's inside the MV in the shortest time possible. So that people who don't know the MV can get an idea of what they are 

thank you for watching :hug::hug::hug:

"G.U.Y." getting what it deserve. :oops:

My Top would be the following:

1.- Marry the Night

2 & 3.- Applause / G.U.Y.

4.- Yoü & I

5.- Judas

To this day I still think about the video for Venus :messga:

MaMaMarryTheNight
4 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

bad romance is boring and overrated

Same with paparazzi 

⚔️💖 THE PAID PARTNERSHIPS CONTINUE💖⚔️

PerfectGUY
9 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

bad romance is boring and overrated

i agree

it's not even in my top 20 gaga songs

but I can't deny the weight the video had on my childhood and the iconicness of it

All of her videos prior to Born This Way are overrated and bland. 

Stupid Love mv is top 5 for me and I despise the unfounded hate it gets. 

Archived