💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can you accept LG becoming a "Hidden Artist"?

Stephen

Featured Posts

Stephen

There are several artists that are hugely popular around the world, have tons of fans and yet take a backseat approach to the public eye. They are often hidden and only appear when a new project is being released. Artists like

Robyn

Frank Ocean

Beyoncé

Tyler, the Creator

and many more!

These artists may do a few performances and a few videos but they don't overexpose themselves in terms of promo. They are still respected and beloved! Their fans understand this and accept it, being GRATEFUL when the artist chooses to bless the public with an appearance.

8346f9e89137910e0b5e26626c349dd7.gif

Can Little Managers swallow the hard truth that Gaga may be transitioning into a "Hidden Artist"? 

It's not 2011 anymore. Gaga is not a 20-something pop girl who wants to be doing promo 24/7. She is an established, LEGEND who has the right to be a hidden artist if SHE WANTS TO.

Can you handle it?

Will your brain explode without promo?

Will you complain every year until the end of time or will you grow up and accept it?

Discuss!

tenor.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise

I swear if I see the word "grateful" one more time... :flop:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Stephen
Just now, Pennywise said:

I swear if I see the word "grateful" one more time... :flop:

hurr durrr

PlastiscGuy

I mean, we don't own her and she doesn't really owe us nothing, so we can't complain if she does. It would hurt a little, cause it would mean things aren't as they used to, and not only has Gaga grown up but we also have and that's just... :bradley:

As long as she keeps making music, and she's happy, don't see a problem 

PG.

I would love if she moved into this direction!! I have genuinely loved the transformation she's gone through over the last 5-6 years; she's really proven to be a more serious artist than her early years of cringe shock pop. Her shift to being more active in issues that are relevant to the world (not basic promotion for an album) prove to everyone that she isn't this fake in it for the money type gal. I would definitely be okay with she blossoms into someone like Cyndi Lauper, a once powerhouse performer turned sage-legend. 

tbh maybe it's better if she doesn't perform at all, it's going to be so nice to watch the meltdown :diane:

I have this favorite moment of the day where I just sit with a hot drink and watch LMs meltdown :giveup:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Dr Fudge

Honestly, it’s one of the things that makes it difficult to be a chameleon artist. She created these huge shoes at the beginning with such a strong hustle that now people want to hold her to that same monster standard. I think people need to take a step back and recognize she does have health problems that she didn’t have previously. Should she perform with the same acumen as she did in 2008? Probably not. Does that mean she can’t do promo in other ways? Of course she could.

There’s validity on both sides of the argument. But at the end of the day it’s a fruitless battle that will just leave you blue in the face regardless of your stance. She’s the captain of her own ship and will do as she likes.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Yes I'd accept it. It's her effing life. 

We will def see less of her as she gets older. I'd think when she starts a family or is healing mentally/physically, we'll have some radio silence. But overall she's a very social being and the only way I think she would outright turn her back on us is if something very hurtful happens. If there is virtual or real life harassment or line-crossing of a magnitude where she snaps a "f#ck this! f#ck you! I'M OUT!" moment, I'd completely understand the cold shoulder  from her.

Having said all that...I think she'd understand that some people's actions are louder, and more offensive, than others and would speak, from a place of faith, that her true fans wouldn't treat her that way.

Am I making sense?

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

ShayCristoforo

I would appreciate that. If she just pulls a Lemonade / visual album serve some day. It would create that enigmatic feel. 

But I think part of her brand is the public eye and paparazzi and the street fashions. As much as she condemns it.  

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

DirrtyPony

I don’t really care either way. I love her as an artist and musician, not a public figure.

Promo is fun, but that’s not what defines how successful an artist is.

Strung out for another taste

StressedOut

I'm thankful anytime we get anything from her tbh, she doesn't owe me (or us, fanbase) anything. 

A lot of y'all seem to forget she could wake up tomorrow and decide it's over and never perform or write again. And really... that's her prerogative, so I'm going to enjoy everything she's worked so hard to share with us.

Karen Smith

When I see "she doesn't owe us anything" I'm like "shut up". But I'm trying to be kind so I'm just like :bear:

I accept whatever she decides to do with her life. But seeing her promote haus labs left and right and not her brand new album is kinda harsh tbh. It's not like she's hidden from the public eye.

Kindness rules all.

edengowon

i would accept and love this. but it doesn't feel right that she promotes her lip gloss and kindness book whilst also completely ignoring her album.

that's the issue. it hurts when i see a post notification for gaga only to realise it's for a new bronzer.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Archived