Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga: the musical?

Guest Adarsh

Featured Posts

So I just recalled that the cast of The Sound of Music paid tribute to Lady Gaga after her breathtaking medley at the Oscars.

This makes me wonder what would a Gaga musical be like? You know with all her songs just like Mamma Mia used ABBA songs. Would you be here for it? Personally I think it would be amazing since she has such a diverse discography and her music would translate really well into broadway standards.:tony:

SharkmanthaC
48 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Gaga: The Rusical is coming soon I think 

f6ae856dfceeda3f107ed9dfcef3ddea9ad53c74

I'd be here for this! Maybe for All Stars???

she/her/hers

SharkmanthaC

Okay that video was amazing. I loved the mashup of The Sound of Music songs with Gaga songs.  I love the idea of a Gaga musical overall. There's got to be a playwright somewhere on this site.

she/her/hers

It sounds great in theory but in practice, I don't think it would be that great. For example, The Cher Show was downright awful (in my opinion). I'm not sure why but I think it's mainly because they re-created the songs to sound more theatrical instead of using their original compositions. 

Jukebox musicals almost always end up being panned messes on Broadway and they don't have a great reputation :selena:

so unless it would be something really special like based on a concept (like GOAT or Chromatica) I'm not sure it would work.. thought I'd love it if Gaga would write her own musical one day whew

who will love me when the night is over

BornAsUnic0rn
21 minutes ago, Mesmer92 said:

It sounds great in theory but in practice, I don't think it would be that great. For example, The Cher Show was downright awful (in my opinion). I'm not sure why but I think it's mainly because they re-created the songs to sound more theatrical instead of using their original compositions. 

I actually love the soundtrack of the Cher Show. And with Gaga’s music, I’m so here for the theatrics. It’s what draws me to her in the first place. So I’m here for it.

55 minutes ago, Spock said:

Jukebox musicals almost always end up being panned messes on Broadway and they don't have a great reputation :selena:

so unless it would be something really special like based on a concept (like GOAT or Chromatica) I'm not sure it would work.. thought I'd love it if Gaga would write her own musical one day whew

Didn’t the Cher show win a couple of Tonys  though? 

5 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical (Stephanie J Block)

Best Costume Design of a Musical (Bob Mackie)

9 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

One of the Chers one a Tony because she was way overdue for one, and also Bob Mackie won for costuming, but it didn’t win any big ones. It wasn’t that well received and the production didn’t even last the entire season. I loved it because it was campy and insane. But yeah it wasn’t that great 

i feel like on Broadway, the community can still see the value in flops or shows that aren’t that good overall and still award them, regardless of the reviews. 

but yeah, jukebox musicals and movie adaptations are kind of not respected and are seen “tourist traps” for the most part 

who will love me when the night is over

1 hour ago, Spock said:

My instinctive reaction was great idea, but yeah, maybe not the greatest.

But for her to write her own musical, yes please, bring that on.

2 hours ago, MOT said:

But for her to write her own musical, yes please, bring that on.

I'd be here for something like Cyndi Lauper did for Kinky Boots

Taylorrgh
3 hours ago, Spock said:

"All shook Up" and "Mamma Mia" did well and are still staples in regional and local theatres across the US

Archived