throwback

23 Years of Impossible Princess

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

To know the limit of torture and tenderness
These are the dreams of an Impossible Princess

jpeg

Happy 23rd Anniversary to Kylie Minogue's one of the ambitious, artistic awakening and criminally underrated album - Impossible Princess. The album was released on 22nd October in the Japanese Market. In 1998, it was released some parts of the world. The worldwide release was achieved through Digital Download in 2008. 

Impossible Princess might not have achieved the commercial treatment like her other albums, but Kylie expressed her artist-self by writing the sons by herself and explored the various genre of music. According to Wikipedia, "Sonically, Impossible Princess is a departure from Minogue's previous music, having taken influence from the techno and Britpop revolution in the mid-to-late 1990s. Conceived as an experimental record, the material encompasses a variety of darker styles from the dance genre, including trip hop, electronica, rock, drum and bass and house. Additionally, selected recordings experiment with cultural elements like Middle Eastern and Celtic music. Lyrically, the album's central focus is Minogue's self-discovery after a series of trips around Asia, America and Australasia, and further delves into the freedom of expression, relationships and emotions." 

tumblr_p98it5IShP1wxuerfo3_1280.jpg

'Indie Kylie' title famously used by the media when she released the album - with three singles, 'Some Kind of Bliss', 'Did It Again', 'Breathe', and 'Cowboy Style'. with 'Too Far' as promotional single. The death of Princess Diana made a huge impact of the delay to the album. Kylie initiated a small concert to promote the album which was well received by the critics. Departure from her label constructed persona Kylie, the Impossible Princess 'Kylie' finally breathed freely through the self-penned, gorgeously written songs where she talked about her frustration, desire, exhaustion and dreams. After 23 years later, the album widely considered as one of the best albums of Kylie. 

Tracklist:

1. Too Far

2. Cowboy Style

3. Some Kind of Bliss

4. Did It Again

5. Breathe 

6. Say Hey

7. Drunk

8. I Don't Need Anyone

9. Jump

10. Limbo

11. Through the Years

12. Dreams

13. Tears (Bonus Track) 

14. Love Takes Over Me (Bonus Track) 

15. This Girl (Bonus Track) 

tumblr_luuu8aUAxP1qggfapo1_500.gif

Music Videos:

Listen to the album:

Spoiler

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
MaryJaneHolland

Her best album, but not my favorite since I gotta be in a certain mood to listen to it

Pennywise

Did It Again is amazing, and the VISUALS she served with the album are slaying :firega:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

35 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Her best album, but not my favorite since I gotta be in a certain mood to listen to it

Exactly.

I wish she could experiment like she did with this album and write songs that are not just about love or physical attraction.

Skob, did it again and limbo are my faves.

Anveeroy
13 minutes ago, Jaume said:

Exactly.

I wish she could experiment like she did with this album and write songs that are not just about love or physical attraction.

Skob, did it again and limbo are my faves.

My new favorite is Drunk!

Anveeroy
49 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Agreed

Anveeroy
43 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Did It Again is amazing, and the VISUALS she served with the album are slaying :firega:

TRUE!! A visual masterpiece! 

Pennywise
16 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

TRUE!! A visual masterpiece! 

You're Aarghya again! I didn't like Anveeroy tbh :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

discovered the record like two weeks ago. And it's huge. 

She had made a song with Nick Cave, and he told her to write her own songs and make something very personal, so she listened to him and made this record. She wrote and composed a lot of stuff.

Finally the critics were not that good at the time for what I read so she never came back to that sound and made a record in the row, like one year after that was more dance.. Might have been her ARTPOP era somehow.... 

edit : tf that Nick Cave has something to do with it is so huge for me.

hello hello baby.

What a great album! I know she said she'd never do another album like Impossible Princess but I still got hope she'll release some experimental stuff again at some point :flutter:

My faves on this album are Cowboy Style, Limbo, Did It Again, Breathe, Dreams and the very underated This Girl

Reject False Icons

This album was so hard to listen not to mention to be able to absorb and understand every song.

But I’m going to say that it has so many impactful thoughts behind the songs that completely shook me to the core and also helped me with huge personal problems I had. 

I haven’t listened to such hard and cathartic songs in a record :enigma: it makes me wonder of all the deep thoughts of the real Kylie between that time and now, and how she never wrote like that again

Anveeroy
19 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

You're Aarghya again! I didn't like Anveeroy tbh :poot:

Yes... Anveeroy was very pro-rats and anti-clowns. :huntyga:

Spoiler

Anveeroy
18 minutes ago, brucee said:

discovered the record like two weeks ago. And it's huge. 

She had made a song with Nick Cave, and he told her to write her own songs and make something very personal, so she listened to him and made this record. She wrote and composed a lot of stuff.

Finally the critics were not that good at the time for what I read so she never came back to that sound and made a record in the row, like one year after that was more dance.. Might have been her ARTPOP era somehow.... 

edit : tf that Nick Cave has something to do with it is so huge for me.

I'm glad that you have discovered this masterpiece!

Absolutely love this mix

Archived