Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

23 Years of Impossible Princess

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy
18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What a great album! I know she said she'd never do another album like Impossible Princess but I still got hope she'll release some experimental stuff again at some point :flutter:

My faves on this album are Cowboy Style, Limbo, Did It Again, Breathe, Dreams and the very underated This Girl

I wish she would do another album like this! Its more like a ROL experience of Madge..

Appreciate DRUNK :cyanlights:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
16 minutes ago, brucee said:

ps : hello the "multiple Kylies fighting each other"

I see what you have done there :ladyhaha:

Anveeroy
13 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

This album was so hard to listen not to mention to be able to absorb and understand every song.

But I’m going to say that it has so many impactful thoughts behind the songs that completely shook me to the core and also helped me with huge personal problems I had. 

I haven’t listened to such hard and cathartic songs in a record :enigma: it makes me wonder of all the deep thoughts of the real Kylie between that time and now, and how she never wrote like that again

You have observed the album so beautifully! Cathartic and personal - IP is a real gem! 

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, GaGaLB said:

Limbo>>>

Such an energetic song! 

5 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

I wish she would do another album like this! Its more like a ROL experience of Madge..

Appreciate DRUNK :cyanlights:

yes. I am wondering if in some ways K might have paved the way of indie reinvention in female pop music ? And how it speaks about how the people have been with female in the industry all this time. 

4 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

I see what you have done there :ladyhaha:

:tea: :laughga: haha I think it's a great theme that shows how ladies and artists reinvent themselves and are complex beings. And of course it would be so relevant for G to do something like that.

hello hello baby.

Anveeroy
Just now, brucee said:

:tea: :laughga: haha I think it's a great theme that shows how ladies and artists reinvent themselves and are complex beings. And of course it would be so relevant for G to do something like that.

I'm still waiting for the 911-fight video! 

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, brucee said:

yes. I am wondering if in some ways K might have paved the way of indie reinvention in female pop music ? And how it speaks about how the people have been with female in the industry all this time. 

Interestingly, ROL considered an exceptional re-invention through electronica - but on the other side, Kylie's effort didn't meet the acclaim. Poor, Kylie! 

Anveeroy

@brucee

"Kylie Minogue’s Impossible Princess bears a striking resemblance to Ray of Light, that other worldwide pop queen’s landmark album. Both are deeply personal efforts. Both feature tons of guitars. And both were considered risky efforts by firmly established artists to update their respective pop sound. Madonna’s excursion into electronica may have saved her from imminent irrelevance. In Kylie’s case, however, Impossible Princess garnered harsh reviews and barely made a blip on the European radar—strange for an artist whose every style-change and lip-lock is reported feverishly in the U.K. tabloids. But trying to hypothesize why the album didn’t resonate with critics, or the public (her fans either love it or hate it, and are passionate about their opinions either way), is a moot point. What’s important is the music, and Impossible Princess is easily Minogue’s best album to date."

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/kylie-minogue-impossible-princess/

CautiousLurker

I was listening to Through the Years and Limbo on my walk today - it's like my body knew :enigma:

Archived