💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Blackpink’s company’s new girl group is coming soon

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Curunir
5 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

HYLKT & IC were pre release singles. LG is the first official single.

But wait, Wikipedia says it's the third single :huh:

tenor.gif

PsychoMaxcara

This is the sad and depressing thing about the K-pop industry, the companies WILL go out of their way to turn their groups/idols into legends if they see a demand & support from the fandom, but no matter how great you are -- once the expiration date starts approaching, they'll be moving onto the next gen, and the established group gets relegated. The focus and attention is always on the product most likely to generate the most $$$ and girls and boys past 25 just aren't it, it seems. No wonder the idols try to break into a different career in the arts as fast as they can, they know that eventually they will be replaced no matter how successful they are. That's one of the bigger differences between the idol system in Korea and celebrity in America. Like, yeah, pop stars still have expiration dates in the US, but if you're really great at what you do at least you can rebrand yourself as a legend and still be supported in spite of your age no longer being the most marketable.  

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Snejana said:

2ne1 was doing pretty well too in 2014 when yg decided to yeet them  djfjajdjf 

You forgot they had lots of scandals before they disbanded that got them shelved by YG, especially the Park Bom ones. If CL didn't had her solo and gone out her way giving half her slot for the group, we wouldn't even have their final performance ever at MAMA 2015

Besides, did you know that 2NE1 was marketed as "the ugly girlgroup" by YGE? Hence there were a lot of hate by knetz against them, majority of them are saying bad thing about their physicals. How ugly or fat they are and so on. It is all rooted from that.

BLACKPINK does not have this issues. They are clean cut, free from scandals, and marketed as the pretty successor. Also, they already got signed by international label early. Plus, BP were not designed as typical group with a leader and a maknae, which happened to 2NE1, hence BP got no power struggle issues as each members got their own equal roles.

From how I see it, YGE clearly have better planning for BP than they ever would to 2NE1. And I don't see them yeet BP anytime soon as they have a lot of people rooting for them still.

This new group is gonna have about more than 4 girls, (currently it got 9 trainees in it), YG have been very obsessed with debuting typical K-Pop boy and girl group that got 9 members or more. Since BP was initially gonna be marketed as such when they were called PINK PUNK.  They already have the boy group ones with Treasure that got 12 members and typical K-pop boygroup flower boys tropes opposite to their labelmate seniors that got hardcore hip hop style. I guess they can finally have that for the girlgroup too with Baby Monsters, that are said gonna be marketed with the typical girlgroup feminine and aegyo tropes the way TWICE and SNSD is, opposite to girl crush tropes that 2NE1 and BP do.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

9 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

You forgot they had lots of scandals before they disbanded that got them shelved by YG, especially the Park Bom ones. If CL didn't had her solo and gone out her way giving half her slot for the group, we wouldn't even have their final performance ever at MAMA 2015

Besides, did you know that 2NE1 was marketed as "the ugly girlgroup" by YGE? Hence there were a lot of hate by knetz against them, majority of them are saying bad thing about their physicals. How ugly or fat they are and so on. It is all rooted from that.

BLACKPINK does not have this issues. They are clean cut, free from scandals, and marketed as the pretty successor. Also, they already got signed by international label early. Plus, BP were not designed as typical group with a leader and a maknae, which happened to 2NE1, hence BP got no power struggle issues as each members got their own equal roles.

From how I see it, YGE clearly have better planning for BP than they ever would to 2NE1. And I don't see them yeet BP anytime soon as they have a lot of people rooting for them still.

This new group is gonna have about more than 4 girls, (currently it got 9 trainees in it), YG have been very obsessed with debuting typical K-Pop boy and girl group that got 9 members or more. Since BP was initially gonna be marketed as such when they were called PINK PUNK.  They already have the boy group ones with Treasure that got 12 members and typical K-pop boygroup flower boys tropes opposite to their labelmate seniors that got hardcore hip hop style. I guess they can finally have that for the girlgroup too with Baby Monsters, that are said gonna be marketed with the typical girlgroup feminine and aegyo tropes the way TWICE and SNSD is, opposite to girl crush tropes that 2NE1 and BP do.

you forget that the so-called "scandals" only became huge bc yg didn't care, he willingly let park bom and 2ne1 rot, it was mismanagement at it's finest. letting one of your biggest artists get dragged through the mud by being called a drug dealer simply bc she took adderall is insane. If yg was able to cover for daesung and top/gd I'm pretty sure he could've cleared Bom's name.

I am aware 2ne1 as a whole was called ugly lol, it was a dumb and gross marketing ploy to put them against snsd "look they're ugly but they're talented, unlike snsd !" which is bs, since both groups are amazing and talented. idk why you're bringing that up, it's not CL's or Bom's fault they were attacked and the company that was supposed to protect them was complicit in this and reveled in seeing the public mock two young women in the worst way possible.  

wdym j3nnie was one the most hated idols back in 2017, the poor sis was dragged constantly by knetz/int fans/stan tt for the smallest things and L1sa at the very beginning suffered a lot of xenophobic attacks, but im glad yge took proper actions and the girls were protected.

yeah so in short: BP is bland, sterile with zero group dynamics, hence why their stages are always lacking and they look disjointed performing (it didn't use to be like this tho, they were really good during debut :bradley:). yg may not assign roles but it's pretty clear that jennie is the leader and she, together with lisa are the favourite ones getting most lines and booking gigs while rose and j1soo get crumbs (things seem to be getting better tho but we'll see).

yge is marketing BP as pretty influencers who happen to sing in the hopes of getting as many endorsement deals as possible, a cash cow. waiting for four years to release a very short full album and egging it on the akgaes in the fandom is not the smartest long term plan. depriving fans (especially korean and SEA fans) of music and interaction is just stupid, the fact that rose doesn't have a solo or that jisoo is only now venturing into acting is enough proof of that. the UMG deal only happened as a result of PSY, BIGBANG and 2NE1 groundwork, it's been in the works since 2013. you also forgot the huge investment from LVMH in 2014, this also happened thanks to the artists aforementioned. 

Ikon, winner, leehi and akmu were very popular and had a lot of people rooting for them but yg literally said "comebacks ??? naaaaah lmfao shove those mfs in the dungeon". aside from BB the other ygboygroups are a MESS, the winkon situation almost destroyed two amazing groups and created vicious fandoms. if you think blonks wont gang up on this new ygngg just bc the concept is different ...you're in danger girl.... l1sa and j3nnie stans are always at eachothers throats. rivalry between fandoms/stans = money and eventually ms yang hyun suk will grow tired of BP like he did with the rest of his artists, besides bigbang obv. 

elijahfan
6 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

bp is doing amazing internationally, so I doubt they'll pull the plug

They have an expiration date just like the others, that’s how K-Pop works.

Irrelevant
33 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

They have an expiration date just like the others, that’s how K-Pop works.

they're definitely renewing their contract though :poot: And I know how k-pop works, but plenty of groups that have done well have passed the "5 year expiry date" so I think there is hope (including artists under YG's roster)

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

elijahfan
10 hours ago, Irrelevant said:

they're definitely renewing their contract though :poot: And I know how k-pop works, but plenty of groups that have done well have passed the "5 year expiry date" so I think there is hope (including artists under YG's roster)

They're all in their 20s, so of course they can still milk stuff out of them. Wait til they reach 30 and a new band becomes all the rage.

Irrelevant
6 hours ago, elijahfan said:

They're all in their 20s, so of course they can still milk stuff out of them. Wait til they reach 30 and a new band becomes all the rage.

nnn yeah they would never last in their 30s

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived