💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Mariah still doesn't know J Lo

littlepotter

Featured Posts

littlepotter

I'm reading Mariah's new book The Meaning of Mariah and I got to the part about the Glitter debacle:

Meanwhile over at the new label, all hell was breaking loose because “Loverboy,” the first single off the Glitter soundtrack, was only at number two on the charts, not number one. I didn’t understand the panic around a number two single on a soundtrack for a film that wasn’t even released yet. But suffice it to say, on the heels of filming Glitter, my life and work were once again under tremendous scrutiny and pressure.

And then there was the sabotage. I had written the lyrics to “Loverboy”; the melody was tight, and it had an infectious groove. Super producer Clark Kent and I had chosen “Firecracker,” by Yellow Magic Orchestra, as the sample, and the few insiders working on the film’s production were really loving it. That did not go unnoticed by Sony executives (and spies). I had chosen the song and paid to have it used in the movie. After hearing my new song, using the same sample I used, Sony rushed to make a single for another female entertainer on their label (whom I don’t know). They used the “Firecracker” sample and released it before “Loverboy.” Ja Rule and I wrote a song together too, and next thing you know, Tommy was calling up his manager Irv Gotti, asking him and Ja to collaborate on a duet for the same female entertainer’s record—leaving me to scurry and remake the song.

I really admire the c.u.n.t. on this woman :air: the way she put it in her own book. I love how you can just hear her voice while reading the entire book. It really puts into perspective the woman she is.

chaeri pls

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

It really feels like someone on ATRL wrote these parts :cryga:

"My first album, Mariah Carey, had come out three years prior hitting and holding the number-one spot on the Billboard 200 chart for 11 consecutive weeks, remaining on the list for 113 weeks in total, with four singles going number one back-to-back. I had won Grammys for Best New Artist and the best female pop vocal performance, and received nominations for both Song of the Year and Record of the Year for “Vision of Love,” which I performed on The Arsenio Hall Show, Good Morning America, The Tonight Show, and The Oprah Winfrey Show. The album would go on to sell nine million copies in the United States alone and was still selling all over the world (it would go on to sell more than fifteen million copies). My second album, Emotions, had been released just the year before. I particularly adored working with David Cole (one half of the fab C + C Music Factory). He was a church kid who loved dance music (as evidenced on “Make It Happen”). As a producer, he pushed me as a singer, because he was one too. I released an EP with live versions of songs from my first two albums for the wildly popular show MTV Unplugged. It included a remake of the classic Jackson Five hit “I’ll Be There,” featuring my background singer and friend Trey Lorenz. The song quickly shot to number one after the show, making it my fifth number-one single and the second time “I’ll Be There” held the coveted spot. I performed “Emotions” at the MTV Video Music Awards and the Soul Train Music Awards."

"Of course, the timing of the soundtrack’s release couldn’t have been worse—something no one could have foreseen. People didn’t go see the movie. I still believe Glitter was ahead of its time. People may not have been ready to deal with the eighties in the early 2000s, but I knew it was going to be a thing. And then it was! And I still love that soundtrack. I am so glad and so grateful that almost two decades later, the Lambs and I got #JusticeForGlitter, making it go to number one in 2018. I’m also glad I get to perform those songs now. The fans gave Glitter new shine, new dazzle—the life it deserved.

It was late in the summer of 2001. The few critics who were able to preview the Glitter movie almost unanimously panned it. The anxiety caused by its bad reception, and the label’s reaction to the single only hitting number two, was seeping into my psyche. Honestly, the only other artist I’ve seen under so much pressure to perform above and beyond their own phenomenal success was Michael Jackson. Like him, I was also used to having unquestionable smashes. It was my idea to make a whole-ass album called #1’s! But still, number two on a new label, on a soundtrack (not a studio album) didn’t seem so tragic, if you ask me."

chaeri pls

SlaeUrAnus

I gagged when she signed off with “I’M Real”, which obvs references J’Los song. So much subtle shade in that paragraph I love it.

In my messy era.

vixdean
6 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I really admire the c.u.n.t. on this woman :air: the way she put it in her own book. I love how you can just hear her voice while reading the entire book. It really puts into perspective the woman she is.

I don’t get what is to be admired here really!?! 

Do you admire that she is mean, spiteful and bitter?

For me that how she comes across all the time, and here is no different.

littlepotter
1 minute ago, vixdean said:

I don’t get what is to be admired here really!?! 

Do you admire that she is mean, spiteful and bitter?

For me that how she comes across all the time, and here is no different.

Almost like I'd have more insight into who she is as a person and why she feels the way she does about Tommy and J Lo after reading her biography, instead of judging her from a paragraph :bear:

chaeri pls

littlepotter
4 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

I gagged when she signed off with “I’M Real”, which obvs references J’Los song. So much subtle shade in that paragraph I love it.

Wait there's an audiobook by HER? :giveup: 

chaeri pls

SlaeUrAnus
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

Wait there's an audiobook by HER? :giveup: 

I dunno, but it’s defo her voice so there must be.

In my messy era.

PsychoMaxcara
Just now, Enzoooo said:

I’m sure it was ghost written by a twink who loves her “shady side” :lolly:

Why is this so accurate 💀💀💀

gagaxsebert

The normal lover boy is miles better than the firecracker anyways so Mariah won either way :haroon:

Used to be HighRoad

SlaeUrAnus

Gagging at those calling her bitter.

She went through mental and emotional abuse with Tommy who caused her to have a mental breakdown in 2001 after he attempted to sabotage her career by using J’Lo.

No wonder she is still pissed.

In my messy era.

Archived