littlepotter

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, PsychoMaxcara said:

Why is this so accurate 💀💀💀

It just screams ghost written to me, idk why. :oops:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JLO's whole career was built by stealing other people's songs, thats why I find her entertaining on stage but I could never respect her or see her as an artist, she's a hustler more than anything

shoful
27 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

It really feels like someone on ATRL wrote these parts :cryga:

"My first album, Mariah Carey, had come out three years prior hitting and holding the number-one spot on the Billboard 200 chart for 11 consecutive weeks, remaining on the list for 113 weeks in total, with four singles going number one back-to-back. I had won Grammys for Best New Artist and the best female pop vocal performance, and received nominations for both Song of the Year and Record of the Year for “Vision of Love,” which I performed on The Arsenio Hall Show, Good Morning America, The Tonight Show, and The Oprah Winfrey Show. The album would go on to sell nine million copies in the United States alone and was still selling all over the world (it would go on to sell more than fifteen million copies). My second album, Emotions, had been released just the year before. I particularly adored working with David Cole (one half of the fab C + C Music Factory). He was a church kid who loved dance music (as evidenced on “Make It Happen”). As a producer, he pushed me as a singer, because he was one too. I released an EP with live versions of songs from my first two albums for the wildly popular show MTV Unplugged. It included a remake of the classic Jackson Five hit “I’ll Be There,” featuring my background singer and friend Trey Lorenz. The song quickly shot to number one after the show, making it my fifth number-one single and the second time “I’ll Be There” held the coveted spot. I performed “Emotions” at the MTV Video Music Awards and the Soul Train Music Awards."

"Of course, the timing of the soundtrack’s release couldn’t have been worse—something no one could have foreseen. People didn’t go see the movie. I still believe Glitter was ahead of its time. People may not have been ready to deal with the eighties in the early 2000s, but I knew it was going to be a thing. And then it was! And I still love that soundtrack. I am so glad and so grateful that almost two decades later, the Lambs and I got #JusticeForGlitter, making it go to number one in 2018. I’m also glad I get to perform those songs now. The fans gave Glitter new shine, new dazzle—the life it deserved.

It was late in the summer of 2001. The few critics who were able to preview the Glitter movie almost unanimously panned it. The anxiety caused by its bad reception, and the label’s reaction to the single only hitting number two, was seeping into my psyche. Honestly, the only other artist I’ve seen under so much pressure to perform above and beyond their own phenomenal success was Michael Jackson. Like him, I was also used to having unquestionable smashes. It was my idea to make a whole-ass album called #1’s! But still, number two on a new label, on a soundtrack (not a studio album) didn’t seem so tragic, if you ask me."

LAUGHING

MY

****ING

ASS OFFFFFF

Wtf is this book!? Her ranting like stan Twitter the entire time about how successful she is and how she compares to Michael Jackson and she deserved better. She legit sounds like a ****ing delusional stan of herself. 

Seriously tho like what is the entire book about? Is it her just going through her career and shading people? 😂

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Curunir

Imagine if Gaga wrote a biography like this one day

"... and about a decade into my career, I released Shallow. Most of my little monsters doubted me, as usual, but it became a smash that would dominate radio for years to come. It is officially my biggest hit in the UK, a place that has consistently served more taste than my home country..."

:ladyhaha:

17 minutes ago, shoful said:

LAUGHING

MY

****ING

ASS OFFFFFF

Wtf is this book!? Her ranting like stan Twitter the entire time about how successful she is and how she compares to Michael Jackson and she deserved better. She legit sounds like a ****ing delusional stan of herself. 

Seriously tho like what is the entire book about? Is it her just going through her career and shading people? 😂

It's actually mostly about her issues with understanding her race and feeling like she deserved to live. The whole first half is about being born into an already abusive family who's dog was poisoned because the neighborhood didn't want an interracial couple living amongst them. Then while growing up she started to realize that neither the black nor white community really wanted to claim her as their own. As soon as her white friends found out that her father was black they would shun her, and vice versa. It's why she has never been fond of dancing, not because she can't, but because she thought she wouldn't be able to live up to the standards of dancing like a black person. Then the second half is mostly about her whirlwind start of her career and eventual marriage to Tommy, then president of Sony, who controlled her entire career. She lived with him in a highly abusive home in upstate NY where he had cameras on every room to follow her every move. She as not allowed to hang out with friends or leave the house to just get a bite to eat. It was only about making music constantly. Thats why her first few albums came out in consecutive years 1990-1995. Once the marriage ended, he unfortunately still controlled her career (promotion/ singles) for her next two albums until she was finally able to leave and start fresh. Thats where we land on this topic "Glitter." Tommy was still bitter and was focusing more on his new artist J.Lo and making her second album. Even though the Glitter soundtrack was being made under her new deal at Virgin, the movie was being produced by Columbia Pictures (owned by Sony). Tommy was able to see rough cuts of the film and heard a sample she was using. He quickly pushed for the sample to be used on a single for J.Lo's next album with the song called "I'm Real." He even called Mariah's collaborators and paid them thousands to help on J.Lo's album. Tommy then tried to bribe radio personalities to blackball MC and to stop playing her new singles (Wendy Williams admitted to getting a call from him, willing to pay her thousands to do as he said). Because this was out of her control, this started to eat away at Mariah's mental health, and in July of 2001 she had a mental breakdown where she went to her mother for help. Her mother saw one of the biggest stars, her own daughter, in a very helpless situation and realized she had power over her. She called the police to take her away to a mental facility, instead of showing her love and comfort. Mariah honestly never felt that she was truly loved until she had her children, which explains some of her peculiar behavior in the past.  

The saddest part is Tommy still thinks to this day that the reason for her success is because he pushed her, even through mentally abusive techniques. Also J.Lo knows exactly why Mariah has never liked her, even if she was just a pawn in the grand scheme of things. Her ignorance to the situation is way more annoying than Mariah not knowing her.

Also to the person who says this was probably ghost written^ I highly doubt some of the details in this book could be ghost written. It really does feel like how Mariah speaks in interviews. Though you are only judging based on one passage of her going through her early career accomplishments.

53 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Gagging at those calling her bitter.

She went through mental and emotional abuse with Tommy who caused her to have a mental breakdown in 2001 after he attempted to sabotage her career by using J’Lo.

No wonder she is still pissed.

How is that Jlo’s fault? That’s between her and Tommy. 

Being pissed over something that happened literally decades ago is the definition of bitter :toofunny:

49 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Imagine if Gaga wrote a biography like this one day

"... and about a decade into my career, I released Shallow. Most of my little monsters doubted me, as usual, but it became a smash that would dominate radio for years to come. It is officially my biggest hit in the UK, a place that has consistently served more taste than my home country..."

:ladyhaha:

I'm screaming. 😂😂

Curunir
22 minutes ago, E Z said:

How is that Jlo’s fault? That’s between her and Tommy.

Well it's not like JLo didn't know about it. She could've said no.

That being said, I think Mariah shouldn't be that pressed, it's been two decades :laughga:

Even Katy and Taylor & Pink and Christina buried the hatchet.

teenagechrist

She has every right to be mad about it. It was a terrible, terrible year for her. Her abusive ex husband was trying to ruin her career, Jlo 100% knew that and she was fine about it. She could have apologized about it but instead she loves playing dumb in interviews. 

feeling so hot tamale

littlepotter
1 hour ago, shoful said:

LAUGHING

MY

****ING

ASS OFFFFFF

No, this is the only part of the book like that. The whole book is actually very interesting, I didn't know anything about her but her upbringing was so ****ing rough, my god, and then the relationship she got in... After going through that i fully support her bragging

chaeri pls

Most people outside stan world doesn’t even know she went thru hell because of Tommy Mottola, who manufactured Jennifer Lopez as a tool to sabotage Mariahs career. Who knows what else happened behind that scenes that she isn’t legally allowed to say. 

1 hour ago, teenagechrist said:

She has every right to be mad about it. It was a terrible, terrible year for her. Her abusive ex husband was trying to ruin her career, Jlo 100% knew that and she was fine about it. She could have apologized about it but instead she loves playing dumb in interviews. 

Exactly. I would like to see the reaction of these people calling her childish if that kind of thing happened to Gaga

6 minutes ago, Monet said:

Exactly. I would like to see the reaction of these people calling her childish if that kind of thing happened to Gaga

Imagine if they found out that Troy Carter used Katy Perry’s success to push the “Gaga is over” narrative during ARTPOP. They won’t be as judgmental.

Archived