💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Matthew McConaughey was molested by a man and blackmailed into sex

COOOK

Featured Posts

DailyMail:
Matthew McConaughey reveals he was blackmailed into losing his virginity at 15 and molested by a man when he was 18 'while knocked unconscious in the back of a van', in his explosive new memoir.

The actor, 50, wrote about an horrific incident, during which he was 'knocked unconscious' by his male assailant, in his memoir Greenlights.
'I was molested by a man when I was 18 while knocked unconscious in the back of a van,' wrote the Dallas Buyer's Club star.

He also admitted to being 'blackmailed into having sex for the first time when I was 15. I was certain I was going to hell for the premarital sex.'
'Today, I am merely certain that I hope that’s not the case.'

However, despite the traumatic twin incidents, Matthew has maintained his sunny outlook on life. 

'I’ve never felt like a victim. I have a lot of proof that the world is conspiring to make me happy,' wrote the Failure to Launch star.

The actor was born and raised in Texas, attending the University of Texas in Austin. 

In 2006, McConaughey supported the university's Rape Elimination Program by helping to shuttle students home after dark.

ConnorFilm

That’s awful! People forget that rape can happen to men and as someone who once woke up at a party to a man undressing me and trying to have intercourse, I can truly sympathize with his trauma.

I am glad he has such a positive outlook on life. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

Terrible. I am glad that more people are speaking up about rape and trauma and gaining and having hope, not becoming just a forlorn victim. These stories help one another. McConaughey does always seem to have a sunny disposition and he has grown into a great actor. Cheers to him.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

March34th

This is heartbreaking, but I'm very glad he feels he isn't a victim and can live a good life after all of that happened to him. It's good that men who have been abused in the past speak up about it, because there's unfortunately still a societal belief that men don't experience sexual assault or rape, which is far from the truth sadly.

PunkTheFunk

That is awful. But I'm glad that someone of his stature and reputation as a "man's man" is sharing his experience with sexual assault. Hopefully this helps drive home the fact that men can be victims too.

Reality

Men are victims of rape and sexual abuse too.

I'm ****ing tired of this stupid and ignorant stigma that men "can't" or "shouldn't" be victims of assault. It's harmful, blatantly ignorant, and downright disgusting. I'm happy that he was comfortable enough to talk about his past trauma. 

🃏🖤👹

TimisaMonster

Omg thats horrible! :bradley:

I'm happy he still has an optimistic disposition and he used his memoir to release that to the world...:fatcat:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

this is so horrific but his strength is so inspiring. I am so proud for sharing this with the world. Such a brave human being 

Guillaume Hamon

Folks wrongly imagine it never happens to someone like him but sexual violences are everywhere, often Insidious and can touch everyone.

I love him for saying it.

vyniildisk

this is so sad and horrible, i am glad he deciced to adopt a more positive spirit in his life and become succesful and happy, some people never recover from traumatic episodes like this, he is super brave

ShayCristoforo

This is so important, and he is so brave. A straight male celeb sharing his experience will help others come forward with their own stories/healings. I love, support, and appreciate him 100% :heart: 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived