(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Co-directed by the director of Moana and the director of Blindspotting :nooo:

Voiced by Kelly Marie Tran and Awkafina :nooo:

Screenplay written by Southeast Asians :nooo:

Set in Southeast Asia :nooo:

THE COLLAPSE :nooo:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

RAMROD

It looks so good too, love that scores already too! 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Lord Temptation

Curious if Princess Jasmine is considered Middle Eastern or South Asian? The story in the film does not make it clear, and in the original tale from the Arabian Nights she is meant to be Persian heritage - but Persian-speaking dynasties ruled almost all the countries from Turkey through to India. Not only that but Aladdin is meant to be Chinese. 

In any respect, this movie looks good. I like that the producers incorporated actual temples and iconography from Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos in making her a true representation of Southeast Asia but without any of the political crap. I like movies that respect that they’re a fantasy, albeit one based on history. Movies that try to appease the “historically accurate critics” make the biggests blunders. A little bit of artistic license goes a long way. At the end of the day you’re making a movie, not a history lesson textbook.

:kiss:

Reality
25 minutes ago, AndyDWUW said:

The resemblance to Korra (the Avatar) is distracting 😂

Love it though!

I got Korra x Ahsoka vibes from this whole trailer and I love it so much :bradley:

🃏🖤👹

1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

Curious if Princess Jasmine is considered Middle Eastern or South Asian? The story in the film does not make it clear, and in the original tale from the Arabian Nights she is meant to be Persian heritage - but Persian-speaking dynasties ruled almost all the countries from Turkey through to India. Not only that but Aladdin is meant to be Chinese. 

In any respect, this movie looks good. I like that the producers incorporated actual temples and iconography from Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos in making her a true representation of Southeast Asia but without any of the political crap. I like movies that respect that they’re a fantasy, albeit one based on history. Movies that try to appease the “historically accurate critics” make the biggests blunders. A little bit of artistic license goes a long way. At the end of the day you’re making a movie, not a history lesson textbook.

:kiss:

I think middle eastern, Agrabah is supposed to be somewhere in between Iran and Iraq.

The name is very Arabic than Indian.

But in the original city it's placed in China.

It's weird because the city is like a fusion between India and a middle eastern country but it's a Muslim city for sure because there is a sultan.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Can't wait for this movie looks amazing why 2021 :giveup:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived