💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

343 artists on the entry list for best new artist at the 2021 Grammy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

343 artists are on the entry list for best new artist at the 2021 Grammy Awards. The list from which voting members of the Recording Academy made their choices during the first-round voting period (Sept. 30 through Oct. 12). The 20 acts that received the most votes will move to the next step: the nominations review committee.

This is the first year since the Recording Academy jettisoned a rule about the maximum 30 tracks/singles a new artist could have released and still be considered "new."
The change is immediately evident looking at this year's entry list.
YoungBoy Never Broke Again already released 2 studio albums, 1 compilation album, 16 mixtapes, 2 collaborative mixtapes, 3 EPs and 14 commercial singles as a lead artist is included.
Lil Durk and Blackbear have each released five studio albums and Car Seat Headrest is on its 12th studio album.
Megan Thee Stallion, who is entered this year, was also entered in last year. 

Finneas and Mike Dean are entered, even though they are both five-time Grammy winners because all of their Grammys were for behind-the-scenes work with other artists.

Billboard's 25 acts that appear to have the best chance of being nominated this year:
Gabby Barrett
Benee
Blackpink
Blueface
City Girls
Trevor Daniel
Doja Cat
Conan Gray
Mickey Guyton
Jack Harlow
Lil Mosey
Melanie Martinez
Megan Thee Stallion
NLE Choppa
Orville Peck
Pop Smoke
Rex Orange County
Saweetie
SuperM
Surfaces
Tones and I
24kGoldn
Summer Walker
Morgan Wallen
YoungBoy Never Broke Again

Other artists, not named in the list of 25 artists, that have a real chance of being nominated include Ingrid Andress, Ashe, Phoebe Bridgers, Blanco Brown, Calboy, Chika, Noah Cyrus, Jordan Davis, Flo Milli, Ali Gatie, Riley Green, Caylee Hammack, Kash Doll, The Kid Laroi, King Princess, Kiana Ledé, Lil Tjay, Mabel, Mulatto, NCT 127, Carly Pearce, Polo G, Powfu, Rina Sawayama, JP Saxe, Shaed, Soccer Mommy, Lennon Stella, Stormzy, Don Toliver, Tenille Townes, Rod Wave and Anthony Zervas.

billboard.com

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕀ. ☁eternal enemyđŸŒ©ïžïœĄËšâ€

Sneaky Oliver

Omg Rina! She absolutely deserves it! Especially after the BRITs (if I remember correctly) controversy! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

TimisaMonster

Now some of these people are CLEARLY not "new" artists...wtf 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Teletubby

I wonder if Katy Perry could entry since she didn't receive any Grammy before  :oprah:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕀ. ☁eternal enemyđŸŒ©ïžïœĄËšâ€

Most realistically I think it’s gonna be

Doja Cat, Tones and I, Megan Thee Stallion, Pop Smoke, YoungBoy NBA

headspin, happiness, DEÌ€ÌŁAÌąÌŻÍ”Ì˜T͏͙̗̟̫HÍĄÍ…Ì—Ì™

Andreu

Blueface??????? :billie:

Maybe the rules were too strict before (when they left Gaga out) but the fact people who debuted in 2016 and have already released two records are trying to be nominated for Best NEW Artist is ridiculous.

Archived