Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Celebrities start to defend Chris Pratt

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Whispering
1 hour ago, gumzy3000 said:

There are black, Latino, Muslims, and LGBT people who vote for Trump.  

Then they are okay with racism and homophobia.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALGAYDO
44 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

I'm not a Trump supporter or Biden supporter. In fact I live in Canada and its unfortunate how close my country is to the USA. I feel like some civil unrest or war will happen in the USA unless people on both sides of the political spectrum can respectfully talk to one another about the issues facing their country. It just seems terrible and it shows me that both sides are in fact mindless sheeps with no brains. 

Sis the Republican Party literally started that they’re trying to do away with gay right a la gay marriage, adoption, etc. 

like, I hate the Democrats too. I really REALLY do. They’re lazy do-nothings that love virtue-signaling to get votes. But even I know that they’re a thousand times better than the opposing party. I’d rather support lazy do-nothing bums, than to support a party that literally stated that they don’t think I deserve the same rights as the average “normal” person. But hey maybe that’s just me :bear:

Wolf Boy

God who cares, no ones forcing you to attend Church or go to whatever rallies he’s involved in with him. He can go to whatever he wants. Get lives.

Lion Heart

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Pennywise

You cannot support something extremely corrupt and yet be a nice person. This is for some of y'all who's like "he can vote or whoever he wants". Yeah, he can, and we can say whatever we want about him in return. We don't have to be nice to Trump supporters, we don't have to convert them, we don't have to do ANYTHING. If they are so senseless, so corrupt at heart that they support that man, the burden of changing them is not on us. 

Yes, I just called anyone who supports Trump corrupt. Anyone, including ALL Republicans. Yes, even the "nice" ones. You can't support a fascist murderer and keep your hands clean. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Chromatican
3 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

There are black, Latino, Muslims, and LGBT people who vote for Trump.  

Black people, Latinos, Muslims and LGBT people can still hold toxic beliefs you know?

Chromatican
5 hours ago, Economy said:

I have noticed this seems to be a big thing and double standard in America

I see supposed progressives constantly bash Christians but if anyone said anything half as back about Muslims or Jews it would be Islamophobia or anti semitism...

I get that society is going all full mode trying to equalize priveledge but sometimes it seems more like they are trying to reverse it than equalize it with all the double standards that keep coming with it :toofunny:

At least that's the impression I get from the US. Here in Canada the dynamics of the group of people who tend to be conservative vs progressive is a little different. Socially speaking it appears to actually be the immigrants who are the conservatives not Canadian born and Canadian Christians have largely faded. They exist but they aren't as charged or as religious as southern US State Christians appear to be

I agree to some extent, but in the context of an illegal colonial settlement like the US and Canada, equality is unobtainable due to the structure and foundation of the state. Christian fascism is on the rise in the US, so it makes sense to oppose it above Islam, which also has quite a few toxic variants, and Judaism, which is another minority religion that can be disruptive but rarely influences the public sphere. It would be helpful if you offered examples of the double standards that equality is bringing about.

Meruk Holland
3 hours ago, President Biden said:

Yes but am I saying you don’t have the freedom to criticize? No. On the contrary, people are trying to literally ruin the career of a man over his personal religious views. Their once was a time in America where people could respect that others practiced different religions than them.

Religion is not really something we need to criticize other people about. No different than “gender identity” or race.

Holy crap, no. That is absolutely not acceptable. Religion isn't equivalent to gender identity (no idea why you needed to put that in quotation marks) and certainly not race. Neither of those are a choice, while religion absolutely is. Furthermore, religion itself isn't the safe space, that's the place of congregation. 

In today's society, religion is shorthand. Just by saying that one is of a certain religion, a lot of information is being told, such as their beliefs, their morals, the community they belong to, the traditions they follow, the texts that provide guidance for them. All of these facets are worth critiquing, because they could indicate major character traits in the person that observe them. At that point, the burden of differentiating personal beliefs from the shorthand falls on the one of that religion, not outsiders. Are they willing to recognize that some aspects of their religion is problematic? And if so, what are they willing to do about it? And if not, are they still the kind of person we want in the public eye as a role model? 

Now that this discussion has shifted more towards the general topic of religion

with religion i see the positive and helpful side for some people which i am mostly happy about. but at the same time every religion is an ideology with a certain belief system. while i support that everyone has the right to believe in what they want, this is only possible if you absolutely have the right to critique these beliefs. ideologies have historically led to so much discrimination and so many genocides, it is simply a duty to critique religion. saying you need to let religion unchecked means allowing people to abuse it. religion is not holy and it is never just private. you don’t get a free pass with religion and why would you. you also can’t just brush away concerns about your political and economic positions. and religion has lots of political implications. there is obviously a time and a place to criticize and it’s not always appropriate, but this is a message board so...

Nosferatu

Celebrities are dragged based on their political stances all the time on the internet. Some random people on Twitter don't like him because he's a conservative, so what? Why are these actors acting as if Chris Pratt was burned at the stake :awkney:

Where was this kind of defence from the cast last year when Brie Larson got torn to shreds? Poor Chris... I hope he survives this. :fail:

March34th
10 hours ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Well aren't all religions basically anti-LGBTQ? 

yeah, literally every western religion is or has homophobic roots. i think buddhism and hinduism to an extent are the only two that are pro-gay.

Maybe he doesn't feel like a democrat nor a republican Im like that too in my country I pick the ones I think can be the most useful considering the context and needs of the country. Not everyone is super into politics and some just don't feel like being part of one party at all

10 hours ago, M Monstre said:

The problem isn't that he's Christian.

The problem is that he goes to an anti-LGBT church.

People can practice their faith. That's 100% fine. But faith is never an excuse for discriminative beliefs or practices. 

Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Lana Del Rey go to that church too by the way...

Archived