Celebrities start to defend Chris Pratt

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

I kind of tend to believe Mark Ruffalo, if he stood up for Pratt, it means something to me

How?

he’s his co star and friend of course mark is gonna defend him 

Meruk Holland
9 minutes ago, OMonster said:

My point is that he is being dragged by association - which is constantly legitimised by the media because it is seen as socially woke to critique western tradition. 

The correlation to muslim faith is that mosques are notorious for 'anti-LGBT' teachings, yet muslim celebrities are never cancelled in this way. 

There's a double standard.

My overall point, to be clear, is that NO ONE should be judged for the actions of others, nor should we reduce a group of people to their worst traits. 

If we're gonna be honest, Muslim celebrities don't have as much impact as Chris Pratt, at least in America. It's more important that he condemn such traits because he seen by more people as a role model. 

There's also the idea that Muslim celebrities in America have experienced discrimination in American culture, and are less likely to practice similar discrimination towards others. But that's not the main issue here. 

IllusionLover
38 minutes ago, Monet said:

Where were these people last year when Brie Larson was attacked by dudebros all over the internet?

Literally the only people who supported her were DC people (Gal gadot, Zachary Levi, Grant Gustin, Patty Jenkins, Jason Momoa)

I think there were some Marvel actors who defended her but they weren't many as I can't remember who did.

Edit: I remembered, it was Don Cheadle (War Machine)

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

holy scheisse
20 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Can you just IMAGINE if a Muslim celebrity was dragged in this way?

I'm not saying it would be right (it wouldn't) - but, seriously, why is it acceptable to judge people who are Christians, but not Muslim? It's like the total opposite. 

It's a fair comparison, too, since many mosques have radical groups attending them... just as Chris' church appears to have.

Pretty frustrating. 

People should be judged by their own actions - not of those around them. 

And if Chris' only 'cancellable' offence is not wanting to publicly support a political candidate... so be it? What's the problem?

This has nothing to do with muslims or double standards lol and l I actually could definitely imagine a muslim celebrity being dragged even worse tbh but alas there are so few in american pop culture

1 minute ago, IllusionLover said:

Literally the only people who supported her were DC people (Gal gadot, Zachary Levi, Grant Gustin, Patty Jenkins, Jason Momoa)

I think there were some Marvel actors who defended here but they weren't many as I can't remember who did.

I remember Don Cheadle defending her when people were saying that she was arrogant in a interview with him and Chris Hemsworth. Funny thing is people came to this conclusion analyzing her body language 

1 hour ago, Meruk Holland said:

Freedom of religion is not freedom from criticism.

rupauls drag race raven GIF

Very well put. Sounds something like the late and great Christopher Hitchens would say :vegas:

You chew beef, I wear meat.

StarstruckIllusion

Okay but when does the internet ever win in character judgement over personal friends? People just get mad and then get tired and move on. I just feel like there is not enough concrete info to get mad over... + ew hollywood actors lol

stop patronizing , he might not even know what this church is preaching etc , you are not there , just because he is Christian doesnt mean he is anti-lgbt , my best friend is Christian and she is loving and caring and not judgemental.

just because you cancel someone doesnt make you a better person!

gumzy3000

Can people leave Chris Pratt alone? Even if he does vote for Trump, that doesn't automatically make him a racist or homophobe. This tribalistic mentality is causing so much hatred and it needs to go. 

trolly troll troll

I read the whole article and it seems we really have no clue where he stands. So we're just out here making assumptions and canceling people based on them? Again. 

"back to you, f*cker"

ToxicHot

I feel so bad for Anna Faris (one of my favorite non-musician celebrities). :( 

Can’t believe she has to share a child with this disgusting POS.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

MJHolland
1 hour ago, President Biden said:

Good. Freaking out that Chris is religious is ridiculous. The US is based on the idea of religious freedom after all. 

Am I missing something here?

People have speculated for years that he hold anti-LGBTQ belieft, all the more bolstered by his choice to attend an extremely anti-LGBTQ church that participates and promotoes gay conversation therapy. 

Mr. Pratt could easily put this whole issue to bed by coming out and saying that he is not homophobic and does not support conversation therapy. But he has chosen not to. 

This has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. 

MJHolland
24 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

Can people leave Chris Pratt alone? Even if he does vote for Trump, that doesn't automatically make him a racist or homophobe. This tribalistic mentality is causing so much hatred and it needs to go. 

Yes, it actually does, but ok. 

When we send Trump packing, we are going to eventually have to forgive those that supported him and find a way back to normalcy. 

But supporting the current president, in my mind, does mean that you support his racism, his sexism, his xenophobia and his islamophobia, and yes his homophobia. 

“Hillsong Church welcomes ALL people but does not affirm all lifestyles. Put clearly, we do not affirm a gay lifestyle and because of this we do not knowingly have actively gay people in positions of leadership, either paid or unpaid.”

That was the statement released by the pastor of Chris Pratt’s church after their choir director was fired for being gay. 

Chris Pratt was told his church was homophobic. He said that wasn’t true. He is wrong.

Make your own judgments about his character.

Archived