Celebrities start to defend Chris Pratt

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, Monet said:

Where were these people last year when Brie Larson was attacked by dudebros all over the internet?

When Twitter "bullies" a famous white American male actor...everyone comes out with testimonials on why they are such a great person 

When Twitter brings awareness to racial injustice and crimes against ANY black person... *crickets*

Plus, all these people talking except the one person who should...his silence speaks volumes in that he knows where his stance is and is afraid of further public scrutiny for admitting he basically supports Trump and anti LGBT organizations...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Pennywise

Also: a reminder to everyone that the rich and famous will always protect each other no matter what. By falling into a false class solidarity with them and protecting and defending them, you only delude yourselves. 

Now I'll go to sleep and pretend ggd does not exist, in the words of a famous qween, the cosmic clown departs :bye:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

OMonster

Can you just IMAGINE if a Muslim celebrity was dragged in this way?

I'm not saying it would be right (it wouldn't) - but, seriously, why is it acceptable to judge people who are Christians, but not Muslim? It's like the total opposite. 

It's a fair comparison, too, since many mosques have radical groups attending them... just as Chris' church appears to have.

Pretty frustrating. 

People should be judged by their own actions - not of those around them. 

And if Chris' only 'cancellable' offence is not wanting to publicly support a political candidate... so be it? What's the problem?

subtext / fantasy

Reality
12 minutes ago, Monet said:

Where were these people last year when Brie Larson was attacked by dudebros all over the internet?

Right?! Brie has gotten so much unnecessary hate for speaking out about simple things like media representation and inclusion, and almost NO ONE comes to her defense...Then Chris Pratt comes along and actively is involved in anti-LGBTQ churches, and all of a sudden it's, "Oh, he's not a bad guy...I know him personally and he's great!" :smh: 

🖤👹

Reality
12 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Can you just IMAGINE if a muslim celebrity was dragged in this way?

I'm not saying it would be right (it wouldn't) - but, seriously, why is acceptable to judge people who are christians, but not muslim? It's like the total opposite. 

It's a fair comparison, too, since many mosques have radical groups attending them... just as Chris' church does.

Pretty frustrating. 

Everyone should be judged by their own actions - not those around them. 

And if Chris' only 'cancellable' offence is not wanting to publicly support a political candidate... so be it? What's the problem?

The problem isn't that he's Christian.

The problem is that he goes to an anti-LGBT church.

People can practice their faith. That's 100% fine. But faith is never an excuse for discriminative beliefs or practices. 

🖤👹

OMonster
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

The problem isn't that he's Christian.

The problem is that he goes to an anti-LGBT chuch.

People can practice their faith. That's 100% fine. But faith is never an excuse for discriminative beliefs or practices. 

My point is that he is being dragged by association - which is constantly legitimised by the media because it is seen as socially woke to critique western tradition. 

The correlation to muslim faith is that mosques are notorious for 'anti-LGBT' teachings, yet muslim celebrities are never cancelled in this way. 

There's a double standard.

My overall point, to be clear, is that NO ONE should be judged for the actions of others, nor should we reduce a group of people to their worst traits. 

subtext / fantasy

likeitrough

this is so dramatic coming from the avengers 'posse'. they really are making the most noise. 

IllusionLover
55 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

here comes the cancellations 

RDJ first started to get cancelled after a 2013-type of joke about Taylor Swift on the ellen show earlier this year.

James Gunn, A pdf file defending someone who's probably homophobic. Not surprised

Mark hunny, WTF are u doing??

Josh Gad, literally nobody cares about this guy.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Archived