Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Celebrities start to defend Chris Pratt

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

He follows Ben Shapiro, Tucker Carlson, so many police departments, it’s obvious he’s “white & blue lives matter” type.

FreePalestine

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

Even if he does vote for Trump, that doesn't automatically make him a racist or homophobe.

I support Bolsonaro but it doesn't make me homophobe I so agree!!!!!!!!! I just like his vibe thats all!!!!!!! /s

Economy
2 hours ago, Chromatican said:

I agree to some extent, but in the context of an illegal colonial settlement like the US and Canada, equality is unobtainable due to the structure and foundation of the state. Christian fascism is on the rise in the US, so it makes sense to oppose it above Islam, which also has quite a few toxic variants, and Judaism, which is another minority religion that can be disruptive but rarely influences the public sphere. It would be helpful if you offered examples of the double standards that equality is bringing about.

Ok. The Young Turks. A respected media source among the left a month or two ago were laughing at Christians and low-key mocking them. I know for a fact that they would never do that against a Muslim or Jew

And I get what ur saying about it's structure but I don't think that should excuse double standards

Double standards only make an opposing side even more defensive and feel attacked especially cuz they will notice it more than anyone. It's like society wants to keep fire with fire and expect a better result

Id like to think I was always very good at looking at more than one point of view and putting myself in other people's shoes. That tends to get me crap from pretty much all political sides because I never fully support how one acts or goes about things and I tend to call it out and then everyone takes that as if I'm against that because ppl seem to have a very partisan black and white thinking like their ideology is perfect and therefore the way they go about stuff also totally infallible while everyone else is the devil and can't have a valid point on anything and I think that's ludicrous. Even if u have strong evidence ur mostly in the right It doesn't hurt to keep evaluating all aspects and hear the other side. And the fact that ppl don't mostly have their own opinions but u can pretty much slice beliefs and political opinions into just 2 or 3 main groups tells me people don't truly think for themselves but have a very mob mentality, they just think the way the people they identify with more think. Like ppl on social media that are of a simmilar political stride almost sound like robots that came programmed from the same factory :flop:

So pretty much conservatives, centrists and progressives all have disagreements with me. Tbh there's stuff I think is total BS with all sides to be honest. But that's my opinion :enigma:

NORMANDIE
7 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

There are black, Latino, Muslims, and LGBT people who vote for Trump.  

OMG, really? 

You can be religious but still not a republican, so why identify as a republican if you know what they stand for? 

Same as gay-republicans/trump-supporter... sorry, but if you are republican, i can't take you serious, nor feel sorry for you. Just **** off with that bs after everything happened with Trump...

13 hours ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Well aren't all religions basically anti-LGBTQ? 

Not really. You can find plenty of parishes across the US (and world, I imagine) that are actually very pro lgbtq+, some even led by queer folks. It’s less about the faith being anti and more about how the dogma is interpreted. Is it a hateful prick reading the book or someone loving?

OT I don’t see why people care about this in this specific moment. Maybe another time, sure, but...don’t we have bigger fish to fry? Lol the US election is 2 weeks away ffs

Reality
2 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Lana Del Rey go to that church too by the way...

Okay, and they should be called out for it too...

🃏🖤👹

Reality
10 hours ago, President Biden said:

Honey but you do realize the majority of churches use anti gay rhetoric? Just because some old priest claims that doesn’t mean Pratt believes it. I have attended a church that promote anti gay & pro life propaganda. So have my parents, grandparents, friends, etc. That’s just a thing that can happen at a Catholic Church.

Do I disagree with it? Yes. 100%. I’m not particularly religious deep down so I chose to no longer attend.

But some people are very religious and continue to attend. That is their choice. Does that make them homophobic? No.

If that’s the conclusion these days, you’ have to cancel literally every Catholic in America. LMAO

Honey, there are accepting churches out there too. 

I'm not attacking the Christian faith. Some of y'all are really trying hard to twist my words into something they're not, and that's frankly sad and pathetic. 

Being anti-LGBTQ is objectively wrong and bad. Whether people wanna agree with that, I suppose is their prerogative, but if they wanna support something that doesn't support basic human rights, then they're objectively wrong and bad. 

People can be religious and not bigoted people. I'm not necessarily saying that Chris Pratt is a bigoted person, but it is problematic that he goes to an anti-LGBTQ church. 

Religion does not excuse bigoted behavior or practices. End of story.

🃏🖤👹

RahrahWitch

Trying to paint him as a victim for being called out on being a shitty person :billie:

He's a silent Trump Supporter who goes to an Anti-LGBT Chruch, He deserves to be called out on it.

VOLANTIS

I love how every time a celebrity is in heat for their actions, they are immediately treated as the second coming of Jesus by their peers. Address the f*cked up parts before brushing it over with all this BS about how he's as good as a man can get. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

ShayCristoforo

The gag is that a lot of churches will say "we welcome all people, including LGBTQ" and then somewhere down the line, the speech continues:

"...we love and accept them and we embrace their sin."

Read the fine print, people :classy:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

I can't believe society and democracy came to this. Someone having different political views than you wow controversial

Oriane

Does it say anywhere he's actually voting for Trump, though? At this point, even if you're really racist and homophobic, you can admit that Trump is just doing his job badly and decide to vote for someone else.

And I agree with Mark Ruffalo's comment, "This is a distraction". Even if this is true, who cares? Spend your energy on not getting Trump re-elected instead of attacking people who are not going to change their minds anyway. "I Tortured Myself With a Decade of Internet History For the Truth", really, you've got nothing better to do? :smh:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Healed My Heart
6 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Lana Del Rey go to that church too by the way...

This is what I came here to ask about. I am NOT a fan of Chris Pratt and am in no way defending him. But I am curious why he is the only one from that church that is getting called out. Articles discussing celebrity attendance there also list Hailey Baldwin, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian, Kevin Durant, Vanessa Hudgens, and Nick Jonas. Genuinely curious here - has Chris Pratt just been a more loyal / vocal follower of the church than these other celebs? Or have we just never noticed these other celebs' involvement? 

I also recognize that some of the celebs listed above generally seem more affirming of the LGBTQ+ community than Chris Pratt, but that doesn't excuse their support of that particular church in my opinion.

She/her 💗💜💙

Archived