Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Power Rangers Getting Movie Reboot & Live-Action TV Show Connected Universe

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount
3 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Another one? Mess...:smh:

Can Hollywood just let go of reboots and live action remakes of cartoons?...:saladga:

Come up with some FRESH groundbreaking material please :tony:

So like every week where there’s a new, fresh film being released while movie snobs continue to ignore them anyway and allow blockbusters to take over instead?

IllusionLover
17 minutes ago, Bella Goth said:

its about time we got red alpha female ranger and pink sassy male ranger, no?

Well in 2012 we got a female red ranger, but only for a couple of episodes.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

phantasmas
5 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

definitely, the lack of Gay characters on these franchises is outstanding.

Sure, Deadpool is pan, and we get sometimes lesbian representation on very small roles (Star Wars IX, New Mutants) except for the Arrowverse (Batwoman, lead character) But WHEN??? Are we going to get a Gay male character in one of these. Literally, I'm waiting (They did us dirty in the last Star Wars trilogy)

Btw I don't know if you meant Gay as any type of LGBTQ+ person or Gay male as I stated.

I said gay but really I would welcome any ranger that is not straight :laughga:

voidfigure
5 hours ago, Blue Lagoon said:

Yeah and it flopped

As it deserved, it was one of the worst movies I've seen in the last 4 years 

phantasmas
5 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

As long as it goes with the storyline and comes up as natural then sure. I'm not a big fan of forced characters just to be "inclusive". The yellow ranger from the most recent Power Rangers remake was bisexual and it was ok, sad that it wasn't a huge success and abandoned the rest of the planned movies, they were just getting started and we barely saw any background of them.

I get you and where you’re coming from but we’re not gonna get an inclusive, natural storyline from a toy company. We might get a queer coded character at best. 

This is because toy companies create films/shows and videogames based on their products solely to profit off of children (their target audience). And because toy companies market exclusively down the cis/straight, binary lanes (dolls and crafts for girls; cars and guns for boys), including “gay” characters could be seen by them as being too risky and not marketable.

Im just being hopeful. :bear:

Edit: One example is Legend of Korra. Nickelodeon and advertisers believed they could market towards boys (like they did w/ Last Airbender) during commercial breaks but because of the show’s popularity amongst girls and young women, advertisers could no longer target their intended audience. Then, because of lack of advertisers (and unwillingness to create products that girls could also enjoy), Nickelodeon slowly pushed Korra aside, eventually taking her off air. 

phantasmas
3 hours ago, Bella Goth said:

its about time we got red alpha female ranger and pink sassy male ranger, no?

Yaaassss! My gay ass always wanted to be the pink ranger so I would finally feel seen :laughga:

I would also accept the black ranger being trans or NB as well. I would want them to have a “no bullshit” kind of attitude. 

Meh every time Hollywood is trying to Americanize a Japanese franchise is turning into a mess, just leave it to them or work with them.

What makes power rangers, the power rangers is the footage from Super Sentai and how over the top it is, this is what we loved as kids.

You didn't feel it in the movie and they totally sabotaged Rita's character :smh:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

phantasmas
On 10/21/2020 at 12:02 AM, tomdsgn said:

The Rainbow Ranger

shocked power rangers GIF

why did i never think of this?! :cryga:

Archived