💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Rain On Me set to place at #46 in the year-end BB chart

Yxilon

Featured Posts

That's it. Right now it's at #41 but it will surpassed by the following songs: Laugh Now Cry Later, Go Crazy, If The World Was Ending, For The Night, Come And Go.

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

ConnorFilm

Applause was #37 at BB’s year-end chart and Paparazzi was #53. Shallow was #19.

Just for some perspective. :)

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

ConnorFilm

How Gaga's top 10 singles/songs have charted on the BB year-end chart. 

Just Dance (2009) - #3

Poker Face (2009) - #2

Love Game (2009) - #35

Paparazzi (2009) - #53

Bad Romance (2010) - #8

Telephone (2010) - #16

Alejandro (2010) - #33

Born This Way (2011) - #18

Judas - Don't think it charted? 

The Edge of Glory (2011) - #29

You & I (2011) - #71

Applause (2013) - #37

Dope - Didn't chart

Million Reasons - Don't think it charted? 

Shallow (2019) - #19

Stupid Love (2020) - unknown

Rain on Me (2020) - likely 45-50 range. 

Just for some perspective.

ConnorFilm
8 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

I wonder where Blinding Lights will be?

Hide contents

And what about Stupid Love :poot:

SL probably won't reach the top 100 of the year-end chart. And I assume BL will be #1. 

ConnorFilm
4 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

How Gaga's top 10 singles/songs have charted on the BB year-end chart. 

Just Dance (2009) - #3

Poker Face (2009) - #2

Love Game (2009) - #35

Paparazzi (2009) - #53

Bad Romance (2010) - #8

Telephone (2010) - #16

Alejandro (2010) - #33

Born This Way (2011) - #18

Judas - Don't think it charted? 

The Edge of Glory (2011) - #29

You & I (2011) - #71

Applause (2013) - #37

Dope - Didn't chart

Million Reasons - Don't think it charted? 

Shallow (2019) - #19

Stupid Love (2020) - unknown

Rain on Me (2020) - likely 45-50 range. 

Just for some perspective.

Comparing to her past singles, ROM basically performed in the U.S. around the range of Paparazzi and You & I. Cute hit but not a mammoth SMASH like PF, JD, BR or even Shallow. 

We can console ourselves with the fact that it likely did better in other music territories. The US is not a particularly receptive market to Gaga's brand of dance-pop, we been knew. 

ConnorFilm
18 minutes ago, Eggs said:

We can console ourselves with the fact that it likely did better in other music territories. The US is not a particularly receptive market to Gaga's brand of dance-pop, we been knew. 

Agreed. While she initially brought back dance-pop, the genre has wavered in popularity in recent years. What will likely work best for her in the US market going forward is more of a Pink/Kelly Clarkson sound similar to Shallow. Even a slightly less dance beat like TEOG could do wonders for her. 

I don’t think she’s ever going to have huge success with a straight-up dance pop song again. Thankfully, she’s never been one to stay in one box when it comes to genres and sound. 

TimisaMonster

Well its not THAT bad but could have done better with more promo but oh well

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

The Clown

How does this chart work? Does it track the actual numbers behind every song that charted that year (i.e.: total sales/streams/airplay) or does it track the chart positions themselves (i.e. Bad Romance will chart lower than some hit that sold less/had less airplay that year, but did not get cockblocked by Tik Tok for that #1 spot)?

1 hour ago, ConnorFilm said:

Agreed. While she initially brought back dance-pop, the genre has wavered in popularity in recent years. What will likely work best for her in the US market going forward is more of a Pink/Kelly Clarkson sound similar to Shallow. Even a slightly less dance beat like TEOG could do wonders for her. 

I don’t think she’s ever going to have huge success with a straight-up dance pop song again. Thankfully, she’s never been one to stay in one box when it comes to genres and sound. 

If I were Gaga right now, I'd pivot into focusing on making really good, critic-baiting albums, without worrying too much about singles charts success. I'd hate for her to water-down her sound in order to chase either pop or HAC hits. Gaga's in a place where she doesn't really need hits to be relevant, especially if she continues to solidify her reputation as a highly accomplished all-round entertainer. She can always hop on collabs if she needs a cute hit.

I'd love her to have her Lemonade moment.

ConnorFilm
22 minutes ago, Eggs said:

If I were Gaga right now, I'd pivot into focusing on making really good, critic-baiting albums, without worrying too much about singles charts success. I'd hate for her to water-down her sound in order to chase either pop or HAC hits. Gaga's in a place where she doesn't really need hits to be relevant, especially if she continues to solidify her reputation as a highly accomplished all-round entertainer. She can always hop on collabs if she needs a cute hit.

I'd love her to have her Lemonade moment.

Got to say, I was shocked when Chromatica became her highest-rated album on Metacritic, but in hindsight, critics can definitely pick up on when a person is being honest or not. Alot of the themes discussed in Chromatica, no matter what it sounds like, is very honest/raw to the issues she had been going through. If she remains honest in her music she’s going to have a fine career.

I mean, what you say is true, too. The woman has nearly 20 top 10 Hits. Gaga doesn’t need hits or cute, quick singles to be relevant anymore. 

Others that were not mentioned:

Judas #109 (2011)

Do What U Want #84 (2014)

Million Reasons #102 (2017)

The Cure #126 (2017)

Stupid Love #115-125 (2020)

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

Archived