💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I LOVE Jewels & Drugs

qoqo

Featured Posts

just wanted to voice my opinion on what seems to be one of Gaga's most hated songs

Jewels & Drugs is SUCH a bop!!!

tumblr_mskicg4Pqy1qcuk4to6_250.gifv

one of the most experimental babies off of Gaga's passiosn project (and my personal favorite album), ARTPOP.

DJWS's production is exhilarating; each one of the rappers' verses is different and while T.I., Too $hort and Twista's parts are all heavy and attention-grabbing, it still feels like everything revolves around Gaga, the bad*ss mother of this family, shining with her charisma even in a genre she's not really experienced in;

"I admit that my habit's expensive
And you may find it quite offensive
But I won't die at the hands of another
I'm your mother, sister, father, brother"

tumblr_msmb9sGsFd1rsxbklo1_500.gifv

it's not bad or embarrassing - it's camp. some of her best songs are. she doesn't take herself too seriously, singing "slap honey on a young pancake", she's almost parodying the genre, but still keeps it musically appealing. with the iconic Swinefest performance in mind, J&D remains a great hip hop tune, and truly a moment in Gaga's career.

It's not a bad song at all and far from being the worst in ARTPOP, most haters are just biased againt hip-hop :oops:

It’s a bop, and the live version with the instrumental bits were insane

who will love me when the night is over

NichuuB

It´s not a bad song, i really like it, but i think it would be better if there waas only 2 rappers, not three.

Property of @Whale

ShayCristoforo

Twista snapped on that song. His verse is the best part of the song imo. The rest of the song is mild to me. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Agunimon

I love it too. One of her best songs. Until Twista comes in and ruins it.

But T.I and Too $hort's verses are fire.

ToxicHot

It actually IS really great. And I found it so exciting to see LADY GAGA of all people release a trap song with not only one but THREE great rappers from the 90’s/2000’s.

Since the MOMENT she performed it at the iTunes Festival (which I was actually watching live), I have loved that song. It’s fun, exciting, and honestly deserved so much better. And I LOVE the instrumental breakdown, I wish the final version had kept it in!

I honestly think it could’ve been a single, or at least a promo single. And it could’ve been a really big hit on urban radio and could’ve had a very unique music video too. I actually can’t believe her label/managers let a huge collaboration like this go to waste??

Some of you guys hate it because it's not a typical pop song that you're used to hearing from her. She even said onstage at the iTunes Festival that people put her in a box and expect her to stick to a certain type of music. That's part of what the whole album is about....... artistic rebellion

tumblr_msi8wpeT401s22484o2_400.gif

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Agunimon
34 minutes ago, Spock said:

It’s a bop, and the live version with the instrumental bits were insane

The performance on it for iTunes festival was a BANGER. I'm so mad they combined Twista's verse with the change in the instrumental and didn't keep it where it was (even though it was the same backing track at that point).

Cookie Tookie

The song is amazing. The beat is so well produced, especially since we all know trap is DJWS’s specialty. I love the inclusion of the rappers, especially Twista’s verse. I play it when I work out, and when I’m driving. People just hate rap and rappers, and they don’t want to admit it. That’s really the only reason they hate the song. 

Blastertoyo
46 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

I actually can’t believe her label/managers let a huge collaboration like this go to waste??

Sha :stalkga:

shower :stalkga:

caddy:stalkga:

please enlighten me to death

DirrtyPony

I only listen to the first half.

”Don’t want your jewels I want your drugs. Don’t want your money, want your love” is fire :firega: But once the second feature starts I move on.

Strung out for another taste

Its great, the way each feature gets faster and builds.

Twista really slaps the track into another dimension.

Its just the bubblegum lovers that don't like it.

Archived