charts

"Rain On Me" departs the Hot 100

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

Doubtful. I would love an album re-release but I don’t see it happening. 

Well I'm still hopeful. But maybe I'm just delulu :bradley: 

whoresup

42 minutes ago, Aussie said:

the whole "recurrent" mechanism in the chart is such bullshit – just post the Top 100 most popular songs in the country and leave it at that. why do they feel the need to make little caveats like this?

[for those who don't know, any song that has already spent 20 weeks on the chart and has fallen below #50 is removed from the chart, even if it's technically still one of the 100 most popular songs in the country]

42 minutes ago, Aussie said:

That’s rubbish! Seriously the way Billboard works today makes you want to scratch your head and scream “WTF”!

I agree it means that the hot 100 isn’t actually the top 100 most popular songs in the country. And surely even if the most popular songs stick around for ages then so be it that’s just how it is. ROM was tumbling down anyway so it’s not like it was gonna clog up the chart for ages anyway.

I do think it’s good that it allows newer or less supported artists to chart but at the same time it’s not a true reflection of what is most popular. 

I guess it was introduced because in the digital/streaming era people keep listening to or downloading songs months after release, whereas in the past you’d buy the song in stores when it came out and then when radio play died down that would be it. 

Charts were simpler in the past but I suppose they’ve gotta do it the best they can.

1 hour ago, Dulo Peep said:

Sour candy had the potential to be a blinding lights or wap sized hit but i guess they choose this instead. This song had no impact outside debuting at #1, but some fans love to overhype it.

Delusion! Sour Candy is awful. 

ConnorFilm
4 hours ago, macca said:

Delusion! Sour Candy is awful. 

SC is cute but it would have pulled a Ice Cream and peaked at #10-15 and tumbled off the charts in six weeks like a perfect illusion. 

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

ShayCristoforo

Rain On Me is a refreshing, strong, important hit.

The GP is basic and celebrates dumb content. They can keep the Hot 100. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

vyniildisk
3 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Radio said no

Even Gaga said no 

It did what it could :kara:

Our taste and ears said no too

The good sis ROM tried, lets all celebrate nad cheerish that

10 hours ago, PatrickMonster said:

its so extremely popular songs like Old Town Road and Uptown Funk etc wont be able to clog up the charts for eternity. smaller artists can get on the hot 100 and recieve some popularity. it just keeps it fresh and clean. There's no reason to see a number one hit like ROM struggling in the 70s and 80s on the hot 100, its better to leave with some dignity. Also I didn't see you complaining about it when Alice and TIHTY got on the chart thanks to the rule :poot:

i'm aware, I still think it's a stupid rule. The chart has no business getting into "dignity" or arbitrarily supporting smaller artists. It's misleading to inflate a song's popularity for the sake of equity. These are music charts – literally just give us the 100 most popular songs, that's its only job (and this is also why I believe the Rolling Stone 100 is a far more accurate representation of what people are ACTUALLY listening to, especially because it excludes all passive listening).

if OTR is the 80th most listened to song that week, then call a spade a spade and list it at #80 – how does it make sense to put a less-listened-to song above it if more people didn't ACTUALLY listen to it?

Alice and TIHTY shouldn't have gotten on the chart if they didn't actually deserve it. :poot: How embarrassing to get your song on the chart because the Hot 100 gives you a helping hand, and not because people actually like your song.

Contessa

Right in time for her second Ariana collab to take over the charts after Positions. :laughga:

Animal Claws
2 hours ago, Dulo Peep said:

Our taste and ears said no too

The good sis ROM tried, lets all celebrate nad cheerish that

You are toxic and tiring. Just leave this site if you don't have something good to say

Gagaloo911

Meanwhile, Gaga continues her exiling of Chromatica, pretending it doesn't exist, and now there's no single at all to promote the album.

Welp. :fatcat:

vyniildisk
4 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

You are toxic and tiring. Just leave this site if you don't have something good to say

tenor.gif?itemid=14897975

9 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

At this point it’s basically the Eh Eh of the era 

Eh Eh did more than great in France :selena:

Archived