celeb

Cardi B goes OFF, deactivates Twitter

COOOK

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TSUNAMI

She mentioned Ariana because she came from Nickelodeon and I believe she has an certain image to keep.Ā 

Ā 

It's not directed to Ariana but an explanation that she's not playing nice. She's not keeping an image, it's just who she is.Ā 

17 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I don't have a ton of sympathy. I like Cardi, but anyone whoĀ lives asĀ a celebrity and accepts millions of dollars:

You are subject to public scrutiny, especially for questionable behavior. If you don't like it, there are tons of non-celeb jobs for a lower salary.Ā 

The bigger your paycheck doesn't mean the crueler I get to treat you.

There's scrutiny and critique, and then there's bullying and harassment.

Ā 

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Craven Moorecox
1 hour ago, TRICON said:

Why is she so obsessed with ArianašŸ’€ This is getting weirdĀ 

You clearly missed the point sis...

ToxicHot
10 minutes ago, KNJ said:

This really needs to be said to the posters. Social media is communication tool. If fans consistently use that tool to be disrespectful bullies, then anyone has the right to revoke and modify that access. There's a reason Beyonce drops her art, no warning, talks to two major media outlets, then dips. It's the only way she can live her life in peace.Ā  Rihanna can live her life bc she does not interact with fans on social.Ā You wanna demand albums and sh!t on all her others passions?Ā :bye:Ā  She'll pop off great comebacks but there is zero back and forth.

Cardi, like Gaga, is social and engaged. She likes to talk to people but the internet is trash. And Gaga, like Cardi, I fear, will one day truly have enough. The way she snapped when that dude assumed she was paid to help get out the vote, hints at that future.

Ā 

I absolutely agree with you. It works both ways, but I suppose thereā€™s a lot ofĀ pressure onĀ celebrities to be careful/responsibleĀ because they have such a high platform (as opposed to anonymous stan Twitter trolls who hide behind avatars that arenā€™t even of them).Ā 

Ā 

Also..... ā€œThe way she snapped when that dude assumed she was paid to help get out the voteā€ - can you explain this? I wasnā€™t aware this happened.... :(Ā 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

7 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

I absolutely agree with you. It works both ways, but I suppose thereā€™s a lot ofĀ pressure onĀ celebrities to be careful/responsibleĀ because they have such a high platform (as opposed to anonymous stan Twitter trolls who hide behind avatars that arenā€™t even of them).Ā 

Ā 

Also..... ā€œThe way she snapped when that dude assumed she was paid to help get out the voteā€ - can you explain this? I wasnā€™t aware this happened.... :(Ā 

Ā 

CannaeDrive

The right move. Why would you keep an open account in the toilet of Internet anyway?

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

ShayCristoforo
49 minutes ago, KNJ said:

The bigger your paycheck doesn't mean the crueler I get to treat you.

There's scrutiny and critique, and then there's bullying and harassment.

Ā 

Of course. I guess I'm trying to say that fame and money are huge accomplishments, but they ALWAYS come with increased stress and scrutiny. So if you can't handle it, it's not gonna get easier.Ā 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

ToxicHot
36 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Ā 

Thank you! :hug:Ā I really hadnā€™t seen that.Ā 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

giskardsb
1 hour ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I don't have a ton of sympathy. I like Cardi, but anyone whoĀ lives asĀ a celebrity and accepts millions of dollars:

You are subject to public scrutiny, especially for questionable behavior. If you don't like it, there are tons of non-celeb jobs for a lower salary.Ā 

Being a celebrity does not give license for people to be assholes.Ā 

10 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

The right move. Why would you keep an open account in the toilet of Internet anyway?

She will probably reactivate at some point but she has a right to hit the brakes.

littlepotter
2 hours ago, PussPuss said:

She didn't need to bring Ariana into it, no woman (or person...) deserves it.

That said... deactivating her twitter is probably smart. There's a reason that stars get more distant from fans as time goes on / they get more famous. She should protect her personal life and keep it out of the public eye.

2 hours ago, ToxicHot said:

Yeah, and another thing,Ā sheā€™s a grown-ass woman who isnā€™t just a public figure but also has music and a careerĀ to promote. I understand sheā€™s annoyed, frustrated, and perhaps even angry atĀ tweets, etc.Ā But this is just no way to act..... And itā€™s not a good look either.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

could have just deactivated and not gone on a tiradeĀ 

Are you guys trying to be ironic on purpose..? :smh:Ā "she should do this" "she could have done that' "she shouldn't act like this" literally her entire point is she's tired of people having opinions on everything does. she's a grown ass woman. young gay men are so entitled to telling women how they think they should behave and it's getting on my nerves, it's clearly gotten on her nerves and of course as soon as she points it out yall wanna tell her to shut the **** up.Ā 

chaeri pls

31 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Of course. I guess I'm trying to say that fame and money are huge accomplishments, but they ALWAYS come with increased stress and scrutiny. So if you can't handle it, it's not gonna get easier.Ā 

What I've gleaned from the way people describe, react to and live with fame (incl Gaga) is that no one can really prepare you. People will describe parenthood the same way: you have a sense of how some things will go, but until you are in it --having it encompass and affect every minute and aspect of your life, and everyone in it or around you, for the foreseeable future-- you can not have a complete grasp of allĀ  the ways it will changeĀ everything.Ā 

So when ppl say "you know what you're getting into"...yeah, I don't think so. We outsiders have no friggin clue how hard it is --mentally and emotionally. I don't scoff at the sentiment "fame is a prison". Just cuz your shackles are diamond studded doesn't make them any less restricting, in their own way.

Hopefully it does get "easier" .

Archived