• JoanneGa
    • Country Kylie Minogue
    • Other...

Featured Posts

The That Don't Impress ME! Much and Ka-Ching singer

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PartySick
1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

You can't argue against an excuse me no reaction if you're going to say stuff like that. :huntyga:

*insert Hannah Montana scene transition sounds* :billie:

đŸ–€

MadreMonster
1 hour ago, JRCF29 said:

Everyone voting for Shania, where u from? I feel like in America Carrie is easily country-pop queen (in today's era at least); Kacey to me is more of an alt-country artist, and her first two albums are more Americana than Country. 

“Released in November of 1997, Come On Over went on to become the best-selling country album of all time, selling over 40 million copies to date. And its impact stretches beyond country music. It's tied with Fleetwood Mac's Rumours for the eighth best-selling album of all time -- across all genres.”

Shania might not be huge now but in her peak, she’s considered a legend. Carrie has had plenty of success but not as far reaching as Shania.

MadreMonster
2 hours ago, Pop Music said:

I absolutely adore Kacey and all of her albums as well as love a lot of Carrie's music but, Shania is THAT bitch and forever will be when it comes to country pop and no one will top her.

I love Joanne but it was def heavier on the pop than the country so I don't see it as a true country pop album (more of a raw pop indie record with country tinges to it) 

and I haven't gotten into Golden era Kylie much so I can't comment on that 

I wish Gaga pulled more of a Shania Twain-esque record with Joanne. That would have slayed me :bradley: Imagine Gaga singing in the vein of Man! I feel like a woman and Forever and for always :enigma:

22 minutes ago, Oyster said:

How is Joannega here but not Taylor Swift...

This. Gaga doesn't belong on that list at all...

MadreMonster
22 minutes ago, Oyster said:

How is Joannega here but not Taylor Swift...

Didn’t you know Taylor reached new heights with her rap-super hit ...Ready For It? :ohwell:

flyaway

For those saying Taylor Swift, let me remind you she used country in order to become a pop star. And then she ditched it, so no no. No country pop queen if you didn't commit to it. 

And Joanne is there because we are on Gagadaily :oops:

Shania, no contest really.

She's perfect at combining pop and country - That Don't Impress Me Much, Man I Feel Like A Woman, Don't Be Stupid, I'm Gonna Getcha Good, From This Moment On... I can go on

ToxicHot

“Country Kylie Minogue” :lmao:

Isn’t Dolly Parton the queen? 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

It will forever be Shania.  Her massive sales are undeniable and may never be topped. Dolly did her crossover thing back in the day too (without TOTALLY selling out like Swift).  

Archived