Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Opinion: ARTPOP has no fillers

mic

Featured Posts

I just came to this realisation. If you look at BTW, Joanne, TF and Chromatica - Gaga tends to struggle with numerous filler tracks.

But in case of ARTPOP nothing really seems out of place/waste of space. Every song is different has unique feel to it. This is why I’m so shocked this album got bashed so hard. Maybe JnD and Fashion! could be perceived as fillers by some but I believe they still are unique in comparison to EDM bangers like Applause/Swine/GUY or experimental MJH/Venus/Aura

Anybody agrees?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Werewolves Wanted

ARTPOP will always be my favorite album of hers from an artistic standpoint and my most nostalgic era. So I 100% agree. Even all the messiness adds to its effectiveness. 

djBuffoon

I love 95% of the songs on ARTPOP, even if I'm still wondering what the overall thesis is. It's just a fun, resonant album, the writing and production is as sharp and eclectic as she's ever given us.

1 minute ago, Dulo Peep said:

are you sure? I think the title should be ARTFILL

Just now, tomsches said:

Opinion: no.

Could you elaborate? I really don’t see how providing such variety of styles and inspirations can result in filler. But I’m happy to discuss :) 

Stephen

She writes like 100 songs for every album so literally none of her songs are fillers aka a song added to fill up space. She chose every song specifically because she thought it was good enough.

Pop Music

Tea 

best album ever released and I guard it like my child since the day I got out of school in 7th grade to go buy it on release day at Target (my first gaga release day) 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Just now, Biggest Bitch said:

Donatella, Jewels N’ Drugs, Fashion!, Swine, Aura, Applause say hi :vegas:

Did you ever see a song like Aura released by any other artist in the pop scene or anywhere? Same goes to Swine to some degree. I believe filler is something kind of lowkey/uninspired

not liking a song doesnt mean its filler. i hate people who say this. they choose from dozens of songs for an album. :staymad:

You will learn respect!

Well, as much as I dislike the album, I must agree.
Like, the album is so uncohesive that at the end it feels like every song deserves its place because it didn't even matter in the first place

Archived