Opinion: ARTPOP has no fillers

mic

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism
53 minutes ago, mic said:

I just came to this realisation. If you look at BTW, Joanne, TF and Chromatica - Gaga tends to struggle with numerous filler tracks.

But in case of ARTPOP nothing really seems out of place/waste of space. Every song is different has unique feel to it. This is why I’m so shocked this album got bashed so hard. Maybe JnD and Fashion! could be perceived as fillers by some but I believe they still are unique in comparison to EDM bangers like Applause/Swine/GUY or experimental MJH/Venus/Aura

Anybody agrees?

how dare you GIF

newseason

I'd put Applause and maybe Dope as fillers.

Wow, so many people here disliking Jewels 'n Drugs. I'd say it brings a fresh element to the album while still not sounding out of place. It's impressive how many genres her voice fits.

outtahere12428
1 hour ago, mic said:

If you look at BTW, Joanne, TF and Chromatica - Gaga tends to struggle with numerous filler tracks.

:lmao:

Better Day

Albums do not have fillers. I hate people who refer songs as fillers because you don’t like it. Every song on an album (from an artist like Gaga) does not have a filler. 

Together You And I!

1 hour ago, djBuffoon said:

I love 95% of the songs on ARTPOP, even if I'm still wondering what the overall thesis is. It's just a fun, resonant album, the writing and production is as sharp and eclectic as she's ever given us.

The thesis of ARTPOP is ARTPOP :poot:

NichuuB
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Well, as much as I dislike the album, I must agree.
Like, the album is so uncohesive that at the end it feels like every song deserves its place because it didn't even matter in the first place

Exactly this, I love that album but I know it really isso messy. But this messiness memes it so special. If you take a look at BTW, the album is so so cohesive that it can get repetitive sometimes. ARTPOP is so crazy and out there, and that's why it's my favorite album.

Property of @Whale

HotLikeMexico

People calling Dope filler. Just because YOU don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s filler. It’s a great song. 

Archived