đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie Eillish having to defend herself against body shamers...

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Literally every celebrity gets hate mail. But Billie seems to be the only one drawing more attention to it. 

She's a teenager and her reaction to these comments hurt her differently than other people because we are all different. Jesi from Little Mix was bullied on social media for her looks, would you say to her "why is she drawing attention to these trolls?" She attempted suicide by the way... and you might be the type to be able to be strong enough to ignore comments in real life or online but some people can't and especially if you are young it can hurt you. Gaga has talked about this many times by the way and as someone whos part of LGBT (you I assume), online bullying from schools because you are gay and different is very common in this world where many decide to take their own lives. Would you say to these people, well why didn't they just ignore it? Life is not that easy honey

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation
Just now, KanyeWest said:

She's a teenager and her reaction to these comments hurt her differently than other people because we are all different. Jesi from Little Mix was bullied on social media for her looks, would you say to her "why is she drawing attention to these trolls?" She attempted suicide by the way... and you might be the type to be able to be strong enough to ignore comments in real life or online but some people can't and especially if you are young it can hurt you. Gaga has talked about this many times by the way and as someone whos part of LGBT (you I assume), online bullying from schools because you are gay and different is very common in this world where many decide to take their own lives. Would you say to these people, well why didn't they just ignore it? Life is not that easy honey

I honestly feel that her role models are just not equipping Billie with enough values and streetsmarts to distance herself from those that are targeting her simply for being in the spotlight. I also feel that Billie is a very lonely person who hardly sees her friends, and is surrounded by security or her family or industry people all the time. No wonder she feels alienated. If I were her manager I would get Billie to do a “Billie Eilish Reads Mean Tweets” video, and just remind her that trolls are cowards with zero credibility and no humour. It would show the trolls that Billie can laugh with them, and ultimately turns them into the joke. 

At the end of the day you can’t educate trolls and you can’t make them go away. But you can turn the tables around and make them the target.

Decodekid
4 hours ago, MonsterMom said:

But unless someone comes up to you and says “ hey, can you give me your opinion on if my weight is too high” you should have no opinion :oops:

Exactly, and even if someone’s asked to do so, they should be kind as well :oops:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Remember when people said that Zack Efron has a dad body and his fat :smh:

D3-AB42-B6-0590-436-A-A54-B-4-BE730-D38-

People should start caring about their own body instead of shaming others.

We’re all average people, even celebrities, when you take off their make up, the designers clothes, the good cameras and lights, they are just average people with average bodies, some in a average weight, underweight or overweight and it’s nobody’s business..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

1 minute ago, River said:

Remember when people said that Zack Efron has a dad body and his fat :smh:

D3-AB42-B6-0590-436-A-A54-B-4-BE730-D38-

People should start caring about their own body instead of shaming others.

We’re all average people, even celebrities, when you take off their make up, the designers clothes, the good cameras and lights, they are just average people with average bodies, some in a average weight, underweight or overweight and it’s nobody’s business..

To say that he got a dad bod in the right picture is mindboggling to me and if Zac is happy with the way he looks it's so insensitive :saladga:

Franch Toast

Instead of telling Billie to "get over" these nasty comments, how about we encourage people to mind their own business? :triggered: Don't place the responsibility on Billie; place it on the trolls criticizing her. 

She/Her/Hers

4 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

I don’t agree with body shaming, but I do think we've become too soft about talking about weight. When I saw that picture, I didn't actually recognise her and it took me a minute to realise it was her. Its not healthy to be overweight and we should be able to talk about weight more freely without putting someone down negatively. 

Actually, we don't have to talk about weight. We don't have to talk about people's bodies. People are aware of their own bodies, so let them be. If you couldn't recognize her, that's on you not her. 

8 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Instead of telling Billie to "get over" these nasty comments, how about we encourage people to mind their own business? :triggered: Don't place the responsibility on Billie; place it on the trolls criticizing her. 

exactly.

they go like "if you can't deal with bad comments, leave the internet" no no honey, it's you that needs to leave the internet (not you you Franch love lol).. they go from bodyshaming to victim blaming, just so they can spread their toxic to strangers freely and hurt them..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

I don’t agree with body shaming, but I do think we've become too soft about talking about weight. When I saw that picture, I didn't actually recognise her and it took me a minute to realise it was her. Its not healthy to be overweight and we should be able to talk about weight more freely without putting someone down negatively. 

it's also not our business to be talking about someone's body who we know absolutely nothing about? Someone's body and health is there own business. It's not a talking point. Write it off with an unwarranted imperious wave like "I said what I said", but it isn't anyone's business to be commenting on someone else's body. Think what you think, but it's bizarre you feel entitled to speak to her health on any level.

Healed My Heart
2 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

My point was that talking about weight is still taboo. Its still a touchy subject. How are we, as a society, supposed to deal with the obesity crisis the western world faces if people keep being offended by talking about weight, diets, and healthy lifestyles? 

The amount of responses in this thread against mine proved that. Do I believe Billie is obese? No. Do I think she's fat? No. Do I believe she's gained weight or is overweight? Maybe, it looks like she has gained weight. There is nothing wrong with identifying that and saying things as it is. The problem comes when people think that that looks like a healthy normal weight, or the opposite where people think that that is overweight/obese. 

As long as you put your point across in a way thats not negative, then I don't think its body shaming. We have to be more aware of what we as a society believe is 'healthy' or 'normal', and we have to be okay with talking about our health like that. 

That's all. Billie is NOT fat, but maybe she has gained a few. 

The freedom people feel they have to speak about others' bodies at all is exactly the problem. "Putting your point across" is always going to contribute toward our fat-shaming culture, even if you think you are saying it nicely. Weight does not equate to health. Read about Health at Every Size.

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

Healed My Heart
3 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

CF8NyuWWAAA_SZL.png

She's not even as big as Gaga was during the beginning CTC. The blonde was during the end. 

This is body shaming.

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

Healed My Heart
2 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Well I don't see a fat person as just a fat person, of course they are a person too. Thats why I don't agree with fatshaming or the comments that were made against her. 

I'm so sorry you've felt like that in the past, or if my comments have triggered something. You don't deserve to feel like that at all

Right!!! So stop talking about other people's bodies! :saladga:

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

Robo Ga

Let me softly tell you that a) everyone has a different body type, and the size of one’s body doesn’t necessarily indicate how healthy or unhealthy they are, so YES, it is WRONG to make assumptions or discuss someone’s weight and b) you’re lying when you say you didn’t recognize her SHE HAS GREEN HAIR and NEVER shows her body so tell me how that’s possible? You’re just saying this bc she didn’t fit the mould of what you believe a pop star’s body should look like. Billie looks completely normal, healthy, and should be free of seeing juvenile comments like this online. I really thought we were better than this but I guess we’ve got a ways to go 

🤖⚡️

Alannah

When I first saw this picture of Billie, I was so hyped. I think she looks gorgeous and like a regular human. Because that’s what she is. And not even just a human, an 18 YEAR OLD. 

I’m honestly nauseous reading the backlash. It makes me wonder what people say about my body behind closed doors. At my heaviest, I was 191 lbs. at 5’ 9”. I’ve lost 20 lbs. from my ADHD medicine alone and the close circle I spend time with won’t shut up about how “skinny” I’m looking. I am not healthy. And I was never medically labeled as “obese” - yet society made me feel like garbage. My food aversions are terrible and my relationship with my body has only worsened. I can’t workout due to my low calorie intake. And yet people just see smaller = healthier. I still see myself at my heaviest and it’s the negativity like this and comparing women on this site (even now looping in pictures of Gaga?) that’s driving me to my lowest. 

I have to be done on GGD for a while. I really wish it felt as welcoming as it did all those years ago when I joined. I’m sorry for going on a tangent but I am not okay. 

I hope these younger members are stronger than I am to ignore these types of things. 

LittleMonster20

This is a really unflattering picture, but body shaming her is not okay. People saying she’s overweight are really delusional, she looks okay, however like I said I think this picture is just taken in a bad angle. She’s wearing baggy shorts so of course her legs look bigger and it looks like she’s bending forward a bit so her front looks bigger. She looks healthy and great regardless and people commenting need to take a look at themselves first! She’s still one of the most beautiful girls ever!

Archived