💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie Eillish having to defend herself against body shamers...

Featured Posts

Bambino

Tbh if you think about it, it's the media and the society that should be blamed for creating the so called "beauty standards" for everyone and especially for women to the point where individuals in questions are no longer accepting themselves as they are because they feel like misfits. If you have the "perfect body," in society's terms ofc, they'll find flaws in your hair, if you have the "perfect hair" they'll say there's something with your nose. And so on. It's just so stupid. People need to stop being judgmental and just focus on themselves and their business.

Everybody has the right to love and appreciate themselves the way they are. As @SamanthaC said, it just hurts that people are way too shallow they only focus on the outside, regardless of what it is you have, and completely ignore the person you're on the inside. People who think/believe they have a weight problem already have the idea in their minds and they hate it when people keep pointing it out and not in a good way but in a very shameful and ugly way.

That's why you have to be confident and very strong on the inside because our societies aren't nice at all. You have to have a shield to protect yourselves from bullies and judgemental people. You are your fighters.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gaygay
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

But Adele has never had to make public announcements about being body shamed? Or Lizzo? Why is Billie’s team actively paying attention to trolls?

And honestly, most people have never even seen Billie outside of oversized clothes and hats. Billie looks fine. This is such a nonissue.

The difference between her and adele/lizzo is that adele and lizzo are grown adults in their 30's and are clearly unbothered

Billie is still a developing teenager so could you imagine how you would feel at age 16/17/18 with grown men constantly calling her fat and a pig? Imagine how that would make you feel while you're still a child

smh get some perspective man

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

Oriane

How is this overweight? Some people really should go out more often.

And even if it was overweight, or fat, or obese, you don't need to tell the person. I'm sure they're very aware of that, before you or anyone else was. I can't relate to being overweight but when I had acne, it was the same thing, everyone thought it was smart to let me know I had acne and come up with nasty comments and (not working) advice about that. Just mind your business :smh:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Reality
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

My point was that talking about weight is still taboo. Its still a touchy subject. How are we, as a society, supposed to deal with the obesity crisis the western world faces if people keep being offended by talking about weight, diets, and healthy lifestyles? 

The amount of responses in this thread against mine proved that. Do I believe Billie is obese? No. Do I think she's fat? No. Do I believe she's gained weight or is overweight? Maybe, it looks like she has gained weight. There is nothing wrong with identifying that and saying things as it is. The problem comes when people think that that looks like a healthy normal weight, or the opposite where people think that that is overweight/obese. 

As long as you put your point across in a way thats not negative, then I don't think its body shaming. We have to be more aware of what we as a society believe is 'healthy' or 'normal', and we have to be okay with talking about our health like that. 

That's all. Billie is NOT fat, but maybe she has gained a few. 

And so what?

Okay, maybe she gained a few pounds, but she still looks great and it frankly isn't our business. 

I frankly don't understand why people have such a huge issue with other people's weight. Okay, let's say that Billie is overweight—just for the sake of this conversation. So...what's next? Do y'all wanna send her a letter telling her that she needs to reduce her weight? If she was overweight, or even "fat," then again...who cares??

It's her body and she'll be able to control it the way she wants to. Of course, for some "fat" people out there, they have a medical condition in which they can't necessarily control the way they look, but just because someone's "fat" or "obese" doesn't give anyone the authority to say, "Hey, we should be talking about their weight and judging them because it isn't 'healthy'." Unless you're a doctor or something, there's no reason to talk about anyone's weight.

Let's take Lizzo for example. She is overweight. That's just a fact of the matter. However, I still hate that people body shame her and try to ridicule her for being overweight, as if she's "promoting the idea of being unhealthy." To my knowledge, Lizzo has never said to anyone, "You guys should be just like me!" So, why talk about her weight when that has nothing to do with her career or whatever it is she wants to do with her life? 

🃏🖤👹

Lord Temptation
43 minutes ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

The difference between her and adele/lizzo is that adele and lizzo are grown adults in their 30's and are clearly unbothered

Billie is still a developing teenager so could you imagine how you would feel at age 16/17/18 with grown men constantly calling her fat and a pig? Imagine how that would make you feel while you're still a child

smh get some perspective man

It’s besides the point but Adele first became successful at age 19. 

My real point is that how can “grown men” be body shaming Billie when 99.9% of people don’t even know what her body looks like? Clearly we’re dealing with trolls here - not grown men.  Normal people don’t know or don’t care what Billie’s body looks like.

So I just wonder why Billie’s team would focus on what trolls are saying? Trolls just want attention and now they’re being given it.

alsemanche
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

But Adele has never had to make public announcements about being body shamed? Or Lizzo? Why is Billie’s team actively paying attention to trolls?

And honestly, most people have never even seen Billie outside of oversized clothes and hats. Billie looks fine. This is such a nonissue.

Because Billie has expressed insecurities about her body since forever and yet every time she shows an inch of it everyone jumps to her critique. Just because others haven't addressed the issue doesn't mean it's not an issue. Especially with female celebrities, they're always being criticized and attacked when they don't have the perfect skinny body. The same happened with Gaga. And it's mostly men attacking them. Meanwhile a male celebrity sports a belly and everyone drools over their "dad bods". Saying it's a non-issue is very inaccurate. 

And a reply to some comments in the thread: no one asked for anyone's opinion on overweight people. We literally don't know anything about their private lives, their conditions (if any), or their health. Maybe we should mind our business and stop "worrying" (when in reality its straight up criticism and bashing rather than worrying) about other people's weights and bodies. There's a huge difference between addressing the general issues of overweightness and obesity and targeting specific people about them. This whole worry argument has been used to hide very obvious criticism and bashing so many times it's really become old. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

3 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

I said what I said. Its not healthy to be overweight

But billie is not overweight she looks normal in this picture 

Lord Temptation
12 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Because Billie has expressed insecurities about her body since forever and yet every time she shows an inch of it everyone jumps to her critique. Just because others haven't addressed the issue doesn't mean it's not an issue. Especially with female celebrities, they're always being criticized and attacked when they don't have the perfect skinny body. The same happened with Gaga. And it's mostly men attacking them. Meanwhile a male celebrity sports a belly and everyone drools over their "dad bods". Saying it's a non-issue is very inaccurate. 

And a reply to some comments in the thread: no one asked for anyone's opinion on overweight people. We literally don't know anything about their private lives, their conditions (if any), or their health. Maybe we should mind our business and stop "worrying" (when in reality its straight up criticism and bashing rather than worrying) about other people's weights and bodies. There's a huge difference between addressing the general issues of overweightness and obesity and targeting specific people about them. This whole worry argument has been used to hide very obvious criticism and bashing so many times it's really become old. 

Female artists that dress sexy or provocatively get far more criticism than Billie does. What she’s saying is ludicrous. It’s like imagine Sia complaining about people calling her ugly because she covers her face all the time. Billie, she is only young, but she needs some adult in her life reminding her that she is only compounding her body issues if she thinks that covering up is the “solution”. One day Billie has to understand that it doesn’t matter what you wear. You can’t hide under your clothes forever. She needs to be strong and stop giving trolls a victory.

alsemanche

Female artists that dress sexy or provocatively get far more criticism than Billie does.

It's not a competition though??? 

Billie, she is only young, but she needs some adult in her life reminding her that she is only compounding her body issues if she thinks that covering up is the “solution”. One day Billie has to understand that it doesn’t matter what you wear. You can’t hide under your clothes forever. She needs to stop giving trolls a victory.

How about we think of her as a human being before thinking of her as a celebrity figure? Having endless people screaming at you that your body is ugly is not an easy thing to deal with obviously, and if chooses to cover herself up to avoid people throwing jabs at her body then that's her choice. She's 18 and very much mature and aware of the world, she can take her own decisions and come up with her own solutions. "Trolls" aren't a fictional entity whose words don't matter, they're real people behind screens attacking a real person who has feelings and insecurities. And it's not like body shaming is only a celebrity issue. It's rampant with people who aren't famous too and people who aren't skinny and have bigger bodies than others are systemically discriminated against. The way you're dealing with this is very reductive tbh. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

3 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

I haven’t body shamed her :triggered:  given the responses, its proven my point. 

Yes you did you said that billie is overwheigt wich is clearly not the case

I think she should get over the bad comments. People used to think Gaga was a male for example and she never took it too seriously. And in that same line, Gaga and many other females has embraced their sexuality since so young I don't get what is the problem with Billie doing the same, wearing normal clothes, just freeing herself a little, who cares what people writes on social media... I just hope the better for her because I know it has to be suffocating to dress like that all the time (even though she looks cool anyways)

Lord Temptation
11 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

It's not a competition though??? 

How about we think of her as a human being before thinking of her as a celebrity figure? Having endless people screaming at you that your body is ugly is not an easy thing to deal with obviously, and if chooses to cover herself up to avoid people throwing jabs at her body then that's her choice. She's 18 and very much mature and aware of the world, she can take her own decisions and come up with her own solutions. "Trolls" aren't a fictional entity whose words don't matter, they're real people behind screens attacking a real person who has feelings and insecurities. And it's not like body shaming is only a celebrity issue. It's rampant with people who aren't famous too and people who aren't skinny and have bigger bodies than others are systemically discriminated against. The way you're dealing with this is very reductive tbh. 

Sis, I never said it was a competition. Billie’s the one who is sounding like an elitist who is judging other woman for having the courage to be unafraid of showing their bodies.

And you say that “endless people” are screaming at her that she’s ugly? Sounds like reaction formation. Literally every celebrity gets hate mail. But Billie seems to be the only one drawing more attention to it. 

If she wants to speak up about body issues she should be talking about peer pressure and youth mental health, not focusing on trolls. 

ALGAYDO
4 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

I don’t agree with body shaming, but I do think we've become too soft about talking about weight. When I saw that picture, I didn't actually recognise her and it took me a minute to realise it was her. Its not healthy to be overweight and we should be able to talk about weight more freely without putting someone down negatively. 

No offense but you’re kinda gross for this 

10 minutes ago, Hebi said:

I think she should get over the bad comments. People used to think Gaga was a male for example and she never took it too seriously.

People react differently to nasty comments, so you can't tell someone to get over it. People die from online bullying, they kill themselves, and while I personally feel like I could take it, there are people who can't, there are fragile people who can't take bullying in real life too, it's insensitive to compare one person's reaction to the other. We are all different 

Archived