Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga should create a fashion line

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, freebit said:

Nah, I don't think it's a good idea. Even Rihanna's fashion line is struggling, and she's connected with a conglomerate like LVMH (and already had a big fashion consumer base from Fenty x Puma).

Ugh. I was one of the few non-doubters, and was hoping it'd be closer to Pat McGrath-level high fashion coolness (or even fun, glam Gwen Stefani x MAC vibes), yet she gave us...that :bradley: I still have hope she can reconfigure it, but IDK. She seems to have figured out we all crave fantasy, and delivered with that really good, sexy photoshoot for her bronzers (and actually succeeded in pushing the product). Yet, her shade range was super limited (like, "my colors are blush and bashful/no her colors are pink and pink" level limited). It's like the company can't seem to get everything right at once. 

Same! The name “Haus Labs” got me SO excited for Pat McGrath vibes at a cheaper price point and with more flashy colours... but that’s what we got. My last hope for this brand was around the album release. I thought she couldn’t skip on the very obvious opportunity of having an album named CHROMATICA to release a rainbow palette or something of the sort... But she gave us that Stupid Love cardboard mess. She looks gorgeous in the blush photo shoot but this could have been literally anyone in her place, and that’d be an ad for any makeup brand ever. The biggest problem with this brand is it has no identity... when Gaga’s the active pop star with probably the most eccentric identity. It all makes zero sense 

I don’t think I’ll be here for it. As someone who works in fashion, I’ve grown up worshipping Gaga because she supports art and designers. :kara:

I hate when celebrities do clothing lines unless it’s for charity. 

Bella Goth

i dont think gaga is a designer. shes more fashion enthusiast & lover than maker but if shes doing colaboration, i can see it. i just cant picture her doing collection each season but who knows she can do and be anything she want tho

freebit
47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Same! The name “Haus Labs” got me SO excited for Pat McGrath vibes at a cheaper price point and with more flashy colours... but that’s what we got. My last hope for this brand was around the album release. I thought she couldn’t skip on the very obvious opportunity of having an album named CHROMATICA to release a rainbow palette or something of the sort... But she gave us that Stupid Love cardboard mess. She looks gorgeous in the blush photo shoot but this could have been literally anyone in her place, and that’d be an ad for any makeup brand ever. The biggest problem with this brand is it has no identity... when Gaga’s the active pop star with probably the most eccentric identity. It all makes zero sense 

This, I was so excited that we might be getting Pat McGrath-type makeup at an affordable price. :flop:

I feel like the packaging is trying to go for luxury, and attract users who might not be Lady Gaga fans, but it's going to be harder to attract anyone if everything is boring. It feels weirdly divorced from her public persona, and not a great sign of confidence IMO. I wish they took advantage of the Lady Gaga persona  - she's unique, and she got popular for a reason. The line can still exude luxury - they just got to lean into her interest in the advant-garde and in fantasy, and that she can be an absurdly fun pop star. Like, it just doesn't seem right that even indie drag queen makeup lines have a more dynamic POV and packaging than Lady Gaga's makeup line (Trixie Mattel's in particular is so cute). I read a thread on twitter recently where someone was like, "I still wear bright lipstick, even if no one sees it, because I'm depressed, and this lipstick makes me look less depressed, and in turn it actually makes me feel better" and that reasonated with me, and as someone who I know deals with her own depression, would likely reasonate with her, and should probably be the whole raison d'etre/through line of the whole thing. I feel like that really was along the lines of what she was saying when she launched it, and wasn't quite executed in the products and first photoshoots themselves.

Archived