Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is the Chromatica era messy?

Featured Posts

BloodyM

I don't find it messy. I feel like Gaga isn't really into it that much anymore. She could have done a lot of creative initiatives online, instead she just disappeared. I do understand that timing was hard due to a lot of social dilemmas but I still do think that they could have done a lot more with it, especially a sick online concert .... I feel like if it wasn't for the Ariana collab, this album would have died within the first 2 months ...... 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ModernEcstasy

Yes it has been a mess, but I can forgive that because of the pandemic.

However, the things that she has delivered have all been perfect (Music, Videos, Looks, Visuals). 

It’s a shame because this would’ve probably taken over the ARTPOP era as my favourite!

KevinWright

We have to blame covid-19 for the whole mess. I am pretty sure Gaga wanted to do many things. 

Chinese people eating bats you have to explain :dom:

(I am not racist, it's black humor :bon:)

How can this even be a question? Of course it's a mess. I know covid f/cked their original plans but they did not manage to adapt at all, unlike other artists

numb the flame

Messy as in most things they had planned for the era went to sh!t. Even performances they planned during the pandemic got cancelled (we can thank the chainsmokers for that). It's been rather underwhelming but it's whatever now. In my eyes I don't know if I can see anything else happening for this era until she campaigns for the Grammy's, performs at the Grammys, gets robbed of every award nomination at the Scammys, cancels the tour, signed posters are never shipped and we move on to the Gucci era. The end :vegas:

13 hours ago, JOSHMATICA said:

'm sure if this year went as planned the era would have been iconic and every Monster would have been happy. But I've seen a few people on here say that the era is over and Gaga doesn't care about her music career anymore which i don't get? Maybe she goes quiet because of personal reasons as we've known her long enough to know she suffers with her mental health and struggles to do things and I think if i worked hard on something and it got thrown off plan i would feel disappointed.

Now i know the era will go into next year with another MV, performance at The Grammys and possibly more. But what do you think? Have you enjoyed the era and what else are you looking forward to?

as a new gaga stan or "a monster" (joined right before she dropped SL) i would want to experience a full "normal" era with more live performances, appearances on tv, interviews ect... i think gaga made a transition from a digital era to streaming era so we might get lg7 next year if were lucky and she will call chromaitca en experimentational album. :triggered: 

JusKeepBreathin

I mean, do the people blaming the pandemic believe that no other albums were released this year. 

There is FN, BL, even Heaven and Hell and Smile had a better album roll out even if they weren't as successful in sales.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't think it's been messy, just stop-start (but tbh the Joanne era was stop-start at times too). 

Oh, and 911 was a bad third single choice too as it didn't keep the era going as it's had no radio play and hardly any streaming love :noparty:

numb the flame
Just now, ImMatt said:

I don't think it's been messy, just stop-start (but tbh the Joanne era was stop-start at times too). 

Oh, and 911 was a bad third single choice too as it didn't keep the era going as it's had no radio play and hardly any streaming love :noparty:

I don't think 911 was an actual single tbh. They didn't send 911 to radios, it got no playlisting. It didn't even get merch, which Sour Candy did (and Free Woman got the blanket) which was a promo single.

MadreMonster

I think we only feel like nothing is happening because we know what could have been happening if COVID had never happened. But we have 3 videos, a number one hit, and some great music.

I’d be happy with another two videos but I’ll settle for one more.

Just now, numb the flame said:

I don't think 911 was an actual single tbh. They didn't send 911 to radios, it got no playlisting. It didn't even get merch, which Sour Candy did (and Free Woman got the blanket) which was a promo single.

You might be right. I just assumed it was as it got the music video and VMA performance. The timing would have been perfect for the third single around then too as ROM was starting to die down. I'm praying for Free Woman to be released next :pray:

numb the flame
4 minutes ago, ImMatt said:

You might be right. I just assumed it was as it got the music video and VMA performance. The timing would have been perfect for the third single around then too as ROM was starting to die down. I'm praying for Free Woman to be released next :pray:

Free Woman is the safest option next to 1000 doves imo, both could give us some amazing visuals so who knows

MessyTop
11 hours ago, Delulu Rogers said:

The era is messy. Despite the pandemic we still had a poor lead single choice, no singles after ROM, limited visuals, no fan interaction, no listening party etc. Obviously she wanted to focus on more important things during May/June but she could have been creating great stuff for the era simultaneously during July-now and so far we’ve only gotten the 911 music video that was filmed over 2 months ago at this point. Imo a lot could have still been done, but simply wasn’t and I really don’t understand ppl that say she did well given the circumstances.

This.  Plus the merch. Some of us haven’t gotten the stuff we order in May. So yes. All messy 

Not messy but underwhelming to the least. We had only one performance from her and that's it. Outside from this fanbase, I don't think the GP is even aware she released an album months ago. 

Archived