Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is the Chromatica era messy?

Featured Posts

QueenGaga
41 minutes ago, JoanneMonster said:

Is the sky blue? 

Not really, we just see it blue :poot: Much like this era, we see it being messy but we don’t know how hard Gaga’s working behind the scenes  :heart:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaUnderYou
33 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

The people who say that Gaga's "lost any sort of creativity or passion for music" clearly are stanning a different artist or something because she hasn't. This year has been a total shitshow, so of course she wasn't able to execute Chromatica the way she wanted. It's more sad than anything. We knew this era had so many things planned and it's not like Gaga didn't want to do any of it. She clearly did, but there were clearly other, more pressing, issues that she had to worry about.

So yeah, the Chromatica era is messy. There's been a lot of ups and downs, but none of that was in Gaga's control. Hopefully LG7's rollout (whenever that'll be) will go a lot smoother. She really deserves to be able to execute an era the way she intended.

She's definitely not the same artist we were stanning in 2011-13. She's human, she evolved. But her creativity has shifted. She basically gave most of the creative freedom to Bloodpop for Chromatica. She is over the pop star life if that was evident enough. She wants her artistry to mean something different now and something more meaningful than it ever was.

Reality
14 hours ago, GagaUnderYou said:

She's definitely not the same artist we were stanning in 2011-13. She's human, she evolved. But her creativity has shifted. She basically gave most of the creative freedom to Bloodpop for Chromatica. She is over the pop star life if that was evident enough. She wants her artistry to mean something different now and something more meaningful than it ever was.

She has evolved and changed, but her love and passion for art is still the same. It's frankly annoying that anyone would insinuate that BloodPop essentially just created Chromatica without most of the input coming from Gaga.

Like, why is it when BloodPop makes a record with Gaga, it's, "Oh, he's just using her. Chromatica was his idea and Gaga was just the one singing over his songs," but when Gaga works with other producers it's, "Wow, Gaga and 'x' are an amazing team! I wish we had more songs from them!" Like, no. Chromatica is Gaga's. Blood was just the main producer. 

I also don't think she's over the "pop star life." I just think she wants to expand upon what it means to be a "celebrity" and an "artist." She's more than a pop star now: she's an activist, an actress, a philanthropist, etc. But that doesn't mean that she dislikes being a pop star. She wants to be a pop star + more. 

🃏🖤👹

Justin Drew Bieber

Imagine how perfect it all would’ve been if she took advantage of the Oscar hype and surprise released an album last year.

GagaUnderYou
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

She has evolved and changed, but her love and passion for art is still the same. It's frankly annoying that anyone would insinuate that BloodPop essentially just created Chromatica without most of the input coming from Gaga.

Like, why is it when BloodPop makes a record with Gaga, it's, "Oh, he's just using her. Chromatica was his idea and Gaga was just the one singing over his songs," but when Gaga works with other producers it's, "Wow, Gaga and 'x' are an amazing team! I wish we had more songs from them!" Like, no. Chromatica is Gaga's. Blood was just the main producer. 

I also don't think she's over the "pop star life." I just think she wants to expand upon what it means to be a "celebrity" and "artist." She's more than a pop star now: she's an activist, an actress, a philanthropist, etc. But that doesn't mean that she dislikes being a pop star. She wants to be a pop star + more. 

More specifically relating to the album, Gaga has never given any producer as much credit as she has Blood. From her interviews with Apple, you can grasp that it was his main idea and she just found it relatable. I personally think his girlfriend HANA fits the Chromatica theme better, Gaga was a perfect outlet for it for popularity though. Of course it's her voice, and lyrics that help make it GAGA but the process she has now is very different musically. The kind of music Gaga really wants to make is clearly Jazz, Joanne, ASIB vibes but as she is held to high standards in pop an album like Chromatica was expected at this point. Love the album, but you could tell how much she believed in an album like ARTPOP vs. Chromatica. 

i mean the pandemic happened and it ruined the massive album rollout she planned with the tour, coachella etc. but idk i feel like she's focusing on other things right now cuz Dua Lipa released a lot of stuff post album release

LaLuna

Considering she released an album during a freaking global pandemic, which no one could've predicted, I think the era was pretty good given the circumstances. If anything was messy it definitely wasn't her fault. 

Butters Stotch

:ohno: it hurts my heart to admit it, but yes. She's not promoting the album anymore, no singles since Rain On Me, apparently no more videos, no more public appearances, no performances... so much wasted potential it's sad.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

imnotyourbabe10

She's done a great job with the cards the world has been dealt this year.  The album was a grower for me but I really enjoy it!  Do hope we get more videos...so much to work with and love the hyper-futuristic/space themes so far.

On a sidenote, my Gaga trifecta is: TFM, BTW, AP.  Something about those years were revolutionary, imho.  Especially AP with the "F U" to the industry.  It seems as though (albeit passionate), she has done more general public accessible things (Joanne, ASIB, selling makeup, and even Chromatica in some senses).  While I loved the intensity of 2009-2013, I'm guessing saying "screw you" to the industry was not sustainable and could almost be counterproductive. 

I dunno...just some late night thoughts.  Not hating, to be clear.

Dr Fudge

I think given the circumstances of covid, it’s actually been pretty ok. It’s not like she’s dropped a lot of singles in a row because they’ve been failing to perform on the charts. It’s just slow. The only messiness has been with her store and their handling of her merch, but I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily a reflection of her or the era. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Delulu Rogers

The era is messy. Despite the pandemic we still had a poor lead single choice, no singles after ROM, limited visuals, no fan interaction, no listening party etc. Obviously she wanted to focus on more important things during May/June but she could have been creating great stuff for the era simultaneously during July-now and so far we’ve only gotten the 911 music video that was filmed over 2 months ago at this point. Imo a lot could have still been done, but simply wasn’t and I really don’t understand ppl that say she did well given the circumstances.

Archived