Featured Posts

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defmix100
48 minutes ago, PlasticWeave said:

she specifically said the video

'too many ideas' not fully realised or something along those lines

hasn't she also said the song too though and about the difficulty of owning it again?

mr.peter
11 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

imagine a video like this for Poker Face and Bad Romance! :cryga:

I would loveeeeeee more footage of gaga in the studio making her records. Could you imagine :bradley:

organic salad
3 hours ago, JOSHMATICA said:

Not that I'm dissing Gaga at all here, but I don't understand how she doesn't like the Telephone video! The video is such an iconic moment and one of the most iconic female collaborations of all time. I still hold out hope that one day they'll perform it together.

I think what she meant was that the Telephone music video COULD HAVE BEEN better. As in, unfulfilled potential.

We all have our regrets. Only Gaga HERSELF knew what she might have done to make it better... We're not privy to her thought process. ;)

Personally, the music video is WAY too long, a bit meandering, and has little to do with the song itself. 

It's a lot of fun... 2 sexy women on a thrilling adventure. More musical theater then music video, but that's her thing from day one.:applause:

Darcklighter22
2 hours ago, mr.peter said:

I would loveeeeeee more footage of gaga in the studio making her records. Could you imagine :bradley:

I mean we got some footage for FiveFootTwo but Joanne's songs are simple production wise so it's a little lack luster compared to seeing how a full on pop track got created or the different iterations.

NewUsername

These are the quotes:

"What’s your worst song?
I hate ‘Telephone’. Is that terrible to say? It’s the song I have the most difficult time listening to.

Because it was offered to Britney first?
Well that’s not exactly what happened, but I don’t want to delve into that. I could delve into it if you turn that (motions to recorder) off… But ultimately the mix and the process of getting the production finished was very stressful for me. So when I say it’s my worst song it has nothing to do with the song, just my emotional connection to it."

AND

"What don't you like about your own work?

‘I can’t even watch the “Telephone” video, I hate it so much.’

What's wrong with it?

‘Beyoncé and I are great together. But there are so many ****ing ideas in that video and all I see in that video is my brain throbbing with ideas and I wish I had edited myself a little bit more. It’s funny because I know a lot of kids on the Popjustice [the interviewer’s music website] forum didn’t like the “Alejandro” video, but that was my favourite of all my videos.’"

Supersonic
On 10/18/2020 at 8:44 PM, Lazzarus said:

Am I remembering correctly that Gaga hated working on Telephone (the song) and that she doesn't have 'fondest memories' from the recording studio? :oprah:

I think it was more the video she didn't like and the process of getting it back from Britney's label. When Gaga's record contract leaked last year, it specifically stated she's only allowed to release songs on albums that were specifically written for these albums. She is not allowed to release unreleased songs from previous studio sessions from previous eras without filing extensive paper work and potentially having to take her label to court. To get Telephone back she had to fight with to giants: Interscope AND RCA (Britney's label). Also Interscope probably had to buy the masters of the song back from Britney's label, which where probably REALLY expensive (and probably brought Gaga into huge trouble with her label).

Archived