💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

The Pet Shop Boys were Originally Supposed to Produce Hard Candy

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

Prior to Timbaland and Justin Timberlake, The Pet Shop boys (and allegedly Stuart Price) were supposed to produce Hard Candy. This was set up in mid-late 2006, however by early 2007 their invitation to work had been revoked by Warner Bros.* This was when Madonna had switched to working with Timbaland and Justin Timberlake (Keep in mind, it is unknown if the Pet Shop Boys produced album would have still been called Hard Candy.). The change was most likely due to Madonna and Warner Bros wanting to revitalize her US success.

Here is a taste of what this album could have sounded like:

You can also listen to the Pet Shop Boys 2006 album Fundamental to get an idea of the sound.

PetShopBoys_Fundamental.jpg

(I have not personally listened to this album myself, but this is most likely a possible sound that Madonna could have went with for album 11.)

*It is possible that some songs might have already been composed for Madonna by this time.

he/him/his

Chinosky

I'm still happy with what Hard Candy had become tbh. But of course, it'd still be interesting to know what they would have come up with. Hopefully in the future.... 

Father, Son, and House of Cucci

TimisaMonster

It does sound amazing for the clubs!!! But I do see why she chose to work with Timbaland and Justin...gotta stay relevant and in those days they were so :shrug:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I’d like to know some of her decision reasons... like avicii on rebel heart made a few songs so much better... but then she went a different route 

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

narcoswing

Fun fact to point out here that the Pet Shop Boys' 1988 single Heart was originally written for Madonna, but they liked it too much that they released it themselves. 

Reject False Icons

it wasn’t worth to ditch the pet shop boys for Pharrell and Timbaland their sound ended that same year when rising pop stars took over the industry :shrug:

the theory fits :tony: she used the pet shop boys remix on the tour  cause she wanted to work with them, like on the re invention tour where Stuart price was the music director and then bam Confessions producer

27monster27
3 hours ago, Replay said:

i thought its sour candy

I-

Okay but low-key a concept.

he/him/his

Archived